Informatica Principal Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Informatica Chief Executive Officer Anil Chakravarthy
Anil Chakravarthy

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance could be challenge during release time ( manageable with good plan ) (in 28 reviews)

• The current privatization will reduce interest in R&D and bring down cost cutting everywhere (in 19 reviews)

1. "IPS has become a refuge for non performers"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Boutique consulting , old guard is still tech savvy, the core practices like MDM, IDQ and DI are still doing all the heavy lifting. There is good demand for technically skilled consultants in the industry

Cons

A lot of non revenue generating overheads like strategic consulting and business transformation verticals have been added to the IPS BU these are a huge drag on IPS revenue. There has been a systematic influx of suits in the IPS who have added zilch in terms of business development or even technical prowess but only serve as a dead-weight in the organization all they do is churn PPTs and talk .

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of the sand dune; the only way to achieve bigger margins and healthy growth is to maintain a very flat org structure , we do not need a layer of 3 suits to tell us what to do , an average consultant in the field knows what does it take to deliver the goods. The customers need people who can solve their business problem not suits who wave their hands and pontificate .

Mar 8, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review of working at Informatica. Structurally, our Informatica Professional Services (IPS) organization is essentially as flat as it was 10 years ago or more, which is amazing ... More

"Slow paced but good people."

Current Employee - Principal Technical Consultant in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Technical Consultant in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, freedom to implement the best solution, and doing the work with any interruptions.

Cons

Just too slow-paced and there is no accountability.

Advice to Management

Need to make everybody work harder.

Dec 20, 2013 – Sr. HR Business Partner

Thank You for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you would recommend Informatica to a friend and that you like the flexibility and frreedom to implement best solutions. Please reach out to your HR ... More

"Great Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Principal Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Principal Sales Consultant

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Top notch co-workers, lots of opportunity to move around, advance and get experience in different roles. Management willing to bend over backward to keep good talent.

Cons

Salaries lag behind competitors, Company is trying to break thru the billion dollar revenue and push it up to 5b long term which means a lot of growing pains, different skill sets needed for that kind of growth in many areas.

Advice to Management

Overall vision and direction of the company is spot on, wish there were more company wide updates, etc.

"Positive Experience"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. People are genuinely nice and cooperative and director/senior management doesn't macro manage
    2. New leadership has an open door policy and is trying to keep it honest
    3. Less stress, option of working from home and no restriction in taking off days

Cons

1. New leadership is struggling to define a company perspective, if it's a 100% software product company or a company who wants to partner with their client in business strategy and become part of their journey in business success.
    2. Different groups within the org. works in silos, big gap between sales, strategy and product development
    3. There are people in the leadership who has very little clue about the ground reality and what the market is looking for

Advice to Management

1. Try to strategies and manage the company as one and fill in the gaps within different groups like sales and strategy
    2. Do more research and value proposition when buying another company or product as recent buys are making no sense and hard to sell to the client

Feb 16, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about working with Informatica. We have been emphasizing the concept of One Informatica for the last year, and will continue to work to unify ... More

"Working at Informatica"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Pros

Everyone is really positive, the training and systems are awesome, things just work. It's like a breath of fresh air to work for a company who understands that it's power comes from great products, great processes but most important of all, great people.

Cons

I've not been working at the company for that long but even when I have a problem with something or need help it just gets fixed or there's a document or video or training pack to explain.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because this company is amazing from the CEO right down to the receptionist, the sandwich man and guy who valets your car while you're at work! Great solutions that can really make a difference and innovating all the time, great company, great customers!

7. "Leading, dynamic, engaging, vibrant!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supremely forward looking organisation that feels like a small company in culture and attitude and buzz, but equally at home in the market with the large software companies. The management work as a team in a common direction.

Cannot fault training, perks and benefits. All aspects considered, above market rate have been employed at some of the largest global IT/Software companies. Company values and work-life balance are good and fair.

You can make a difference

Cons

Resourcing - never enough people to get everything done. But, often the case in a dynamic growing organisation.

8. "21 year old start up!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

executing the strategy to ride the wave ahead of our competitiors, makes for an organization with a positive attitude towards change. been here for 2,5 years now and a lot has changed for the good of us. The fact that we are small enough for people to be recognized and initiatives are welcomed in combination to be the champion in the champions league, gives me the feeling that I am happy to be part of INFA and grow my career here.

Cons

Being a dynamic company, sometimes gives the feeling that after having taking two steps forward, we take one step back sometimes.

Advice to Management

We need to find the sweet spot of being the personable organization that we are right now and trippling our firm without losing our focus on the team/people.