Informatica Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Informatica Chief Executive Officer Anil Chakravarthy
Anil Chakravarthy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work culture and work life balance (in 163 reviews)

• Learning new Technology and work culture is really good (in 69 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not good at times (in 31 reviews)

• no cons as such , great place to work (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company sitting squarely on the explosive trends and poised for success!"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture! Everyone is on board to help realize the company mission - make our customers successful by helping them harness the power of their data! Great management, supportive and always helpful peers across the globe, comp and benefits at par with the best. I haven't worked at the company HQ or offices so can't say much about that.

Cons

None! I try not to look for things to complain as that is an addictive mindset and appreciate all the amazing things at this company!

Advice to Management

Stick to what you're doing I.e. Drive the company towards the trends of the market and what our customers truly need to be successful. We are all in this together!

Informatica Response

May 23, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your comments and your enthusiasm. It's people like you who will ensure that we become the leading Enterprise Cloud Data Management company in the world!

"Great enterprise data management company"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast pace. Great data management products and solution company. Strong management leadership. Make very strategy data governance product acquisition. Incredible focus and success in core products, product innovations, customer success, leadership in multiple Gartner Magic quadrants including Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, iPaas, and Metadata Management.

Cons

Some recent changes at the top management leadership team in the last couple of years can be a distraction but it is also opportunity to acquired new talent to drive growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Retain top talent, acquire fresh talent in new areas, make UX a high priority, and encourage employees in community service.

"A great place to work !!"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great compensation & work culture. Unlimited time off which is great.
    Flexible hours and option to work to from home.
    Company focuses on employee needs.

Cons

Informatica has global work teams, so need to be able to work with people located in different time zones.

4. "Senior Program Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very progressive...the best at data analytics!

Cons

New managers need significant training in non engineering aspects of the job

Advice to Management

Invest in external resources from other companies that can provide experience.

"Upward & Onward"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People! - I truly enjoy the people that I get to work with, across multiple departments and continents.

Good Benefits - On-par with the industry; actually these just got a little better come 2018. Pay could be more but isn't that always the case?

Respected Company - Having Informatica on my resume will definitely help me out if/when I need to transition away. Lots to learn and working for the leader in all 5-markets we truly compete in is a great opportunity.

Career Growth - Although career path isn't obvious, if you make it your mission to move up or laterally, it's on you to build your case and make it happen. If people see you care, they'll be more willing to help you out. So, there is room to grow one's career.

Great products - again, we're the leader in the industry for Enterprise Cloud Data Management for a reason and it's exciting to see what we've got coming up for our customers and the industry in the coming years!

Austin Office! - brand new office, tons of unique work & collaboration spaces, kitchens, game room, cold brew on-tap.

Cons

Location - Although I'm glad our office is not downtown (have you seen the morning traffic?), I wish that we would have at least moved a little bit closer towards city center.

Compensation - As with any company that pays out commissions, MBOs, etc. there have been hiccups that are VERY hard to ignore/forgive (although it appears that we're working on this; we shall see).

No Equity - Although we went back private, it's too bad that equity isn't something being discussed (however, we are doing some other things in the benefits area (401k specifically) that make up for it).

Training/On-boarding - I know that this is constantly being worked on but it still falls short of expectations, at least regarding transitioning roles

Advice to Management

Keep putting your employees first (benefits, pay, recognition, learning opportunities, growth, work flexibility, etc.). Be even more transparent regarding direction, hiring, product development, company plans, etc.

We do these things fairly well but as with any company, they could always be better :)

6. "Laser focus on the all mighty dollar"

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Informatica's technology, product portfolio, and customer focus are WINNING. Despite a real-time and massive company digital transformation underway, market leadership has not skipped a beat.

Cons

The people that make this possible are not valued as critical assets. No equity for employees below VP level. Long-hours and aggressive timelines without rewards beyond verbal appreciation or team parties. Improving IPO valuation is the primary goal, although only senior leadership will benefit.

Advice to Management

Demonstrate that you consider employees as critical to Informatica's success with more than just lip service.

7. "Good times for changes"

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Good pay, New management and EC's

Cons

Cultural change for cloud migration, IT transformation

Advice to Management

Be "Good to great"

8. "How is it to work at INFORMATICA"

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Great platform for freshers.
    Great teams, always opportunity to learn.

Cons

too often management restructuring not giving enough time for leaders to build trust with team abilities, leading to micromanaging in fear of failure.

9. "Great Company, pays well, work life balance and autonomy"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

autonomy and trust in employees to get there work done when needed and not micromanage schedules

Cons

Riding the hype cycle a bit in terms of Big Data and AI. Not sure this is a con as we'll see which bets pay off.

"Great Place to Learn, Grow"

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Technically competent engineering leadership, a business that knows how to make money, and a fantastic market opportunity with clear leadership in vision, products, and customer loyalty

Cons

The largest of the engineering groups always have too many things to do, so engineers and QA are constantly moving around, always having to pay the cost of ramping up in a new area. This is highly inefficient and short sighted

Advice to Management

Continue to improve on transparency, especially if it pertains to the organization and its people. Consider how effective the incentives are for high-performing team members compared to their lower performing peers. Be patient, steadfast, and don't give up, keep truly supporting teams and give them the focus and protection to succeed.