Informatica Reviews | Glassdoor

Informatica Chief Executive Officer Anil Chakravarthy
Anil Chakravarthy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is not good at times (in 31 reviews)

• There are no cons as to work for Informatica Dublin (in 21 reviews)

"Laser focus on the all mighty dollar"

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Informatica's technology, product portfolio, and customer focus are WINNING. Despite a real-time and massive company digital transformation underway, market leadership has not skipped a beat.

Cons

The people that make this possible are not valued as critical assets. No equity for employees below VP level. Long-hours and aggressive timelines without rewards beyond verbal appreciation or team parties. Improving IPO valuation is the primary goal, although only senior leadership will benefit.

Advice to Management

Demonstrate that you consider employees as critical to Informatica's success with more than just lip service.

"Sexual harassment and lack of career advancement"

I worked at Informatica full-time

Pros

Informatica had relatively good benefits and a strong reputation in data integration.

Cons

During my time at Informatica a few years ago, I was sexually harassed by executives and peers. After the unwanted and unprofessional advances, I spoke to HR and management. Even though I had been promoted prior to speaking to HR and my management about the sexual harassment, I was not promoted after speaking up. I was not alone-- I spoke to other women at Informatica about their experiences with sexual harassment. I told HR in my exit interview I was leaving because of the sexual harassment and lack of advancement. After leaving Informatica, I did advance in my career and am glad I left. However, I hoped that my speaking up at Informatica would make things better for other women at Informatica. Unfortunately, I have heard/seen reviews from other women that the sexual harassment and lack of career advancement for women remains.

Advice to Management

I hoped my speaking up and organizational changes since my time at Informatica would change things for the better. But you still need to more clearly articulate and be accountable for how people advance in their careers. And you should have zero tolerance for sexual harassment.

Oct 24, 2017 – Talent Acquisition/HR Operations

I regret to hear that you have a negative view of Informatica. As the head of Human Resources, I take this very seriously and strongly encourage you, and anyone else that feels this way, to reach out... More

"Mismanaged Effort at Informatica."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You never feel overworked. You never have to stay too late (this may depend on your manager though).
    Regular raises keep salaries competitive.

Cons

Location is far from downtown Redwood City.
    Java code base is 10 years old. C++ code base dates from the mid-90's. We're stuck on Java 7 and pre-C++ 98.
    Code has many obvious bugs and performance issues but feature development is prioritized over any kind of code audit or cleanup. In practice we wait until a customer hits one of these issues before fixing them.

Advice to Management

Structure more interaction between PMs, architects and developers. That would avoid working on features for months that are then scrapped, and help address systematic issues with the code base that make projects take a long time.

Oct 6, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review and sharing your experiences working with Informatica. Informatica has multiple products and we use combination of technologies, including Scala, Spark, Kafka, Java, Sqoop... More

"Constant Management Changes Impacts Employees"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work schedules, Salary and Bonuses

Cons

Lack of open communication especially in process changes; lots of undercurrent currently resulting in high attrition.

Advice to Management

Be conscious and more aware of employees' situation under an executive in each line of business and not just focus on the upper level of management. After all, loyal employees under the level of manager are the ones that make it happen. The open door policy is only a lip service as another door behind is always closed.

Sep 19, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We appreciate your feedback. While we have had a lot of change, we are doing our utmost to communicate to employees what is happening and why. Not sure when you left, but we have a beefed up Life... More

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not that I can think of, after privatization things started heading south.

Cons

Office politics, non-strategic company wide directions were cascaded down after change of key leaders in Corporate, not sure if Company is heading to the right direction

Aug 9, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Our performance year to date and the ratings of industry analysts (#1 in the six industry categories in which we compete) should re-assure you that Informatica is definitely headed in the right... More

"Repeatedly Disrupted"

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comprehensive data management product portfolio
    Big brand customers are managing high volumes and variety of data
    Above average compensation
    Unlimited vacation policy
    Many nice people in the ranks

Cons

Inward focused leadership
    Unclear strategy
    Inconsistent investment in potentially disruptive parts of the product portfolio
    Underfunded marketing organization
    Offshore hiring strategy creates a heavy burden in North America to get things done with increasingly limited resources
    Heavy variability in bonus plan
    No stock options given PE ownership
    Lack of resources makes it nearly impossible to take advantage of the vacation policy
    Health benefits continue to degrade post acquisition

Advice to Management

I joined Informatica because I saw an opportunity to turn around the market perception of Informatica as a old school ETL vendor. Over time, I became discouraged because there was little evidence of internal recognition we were being disrupted - by cloud infrastructure vendors, Hadoop vendors, analytics vendors and other new entrants to the space. Advice to Management: Put customers first and offer them approachable ways to evolve the way they rely on Informatica.

Apr 18, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We’re sorry you had a negative experience with Informatica. Naturally, we take issue with your characterization of the Company and the opportunities we offer. We would point out that nearly 80% of... More

"Leader in data but not in people"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location - On campus Gym, Showers, onsite cafe (not free or subsidized), game room with a pool table.
    Free electric charging station - Good to have if you have an electric vehicle.
    Farmer Market once a month - healthy options and convenient

Cons

High turnover in upper mgmt. - During my time there, CEO left and we went through 4 CIOs. Upper executives are unsure about the future and some even resort to apologizing for the bad financials.

Lack of trust within department - Constant struggle with old management techniques. There's definitely favoritism happening.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and build upon their career. Upper management needs to be honest to the employees and start walking the talk.

Mar 10, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about working with Informatica. We would point out that Informatica has been acknowledged by Computerworld as one of the 100 Best Companies to... More

"Oh, what used to be...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time

Pros

Informatica was a hidden gem in Silicon Valley. A successful, welcoming, open company with a culture that rivaled tech giants. Most of the people still there are incredible folks. A great company is made from great people. The technology is amazing, always a leader.

Cons

Executive and senior leadership team are the most uninspiring people I have come to see. They do not understand the valley, the technology, the people, or anything for that matter. They took away what mattered the most and treated the best people as after thoughts. It's no wonder there was a mass exodus. Can people be successful here? Sure, if you play office politics. It's not anger than former employees have, it's disappointment.

Advice to Management

Get clear on what you're doing and stop lying to people. You cower in a veil of false transparency when in reality, you yourself know you don't care. The least you can do is be open about it. Also, when people ask you what the vision you have is, don't go off into a tangent about how you're from a rough neighborhood, how everybody is family, how loyalty is everything when you have done nothing to earn it and you've been at one place your entire career.

"Is Informatica a good place to work?"

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Great products/solutions. Good pay. Good people

Cons

Privatization causing revolving door of senior leaders making it a job but not a career environment

Advice to Management

I loved working for Informatica but the persistent changes in leadership have driven morale to a low point. People and innovative R&D are the KPIs that should be focused on if you plan to survive

Feb 16, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

In answer to your headline question, "Yes!" We are definitely focused on innovative R&D - Gartner rates us a "Leader" in six enterprise data categories, and we just won 11 awards for excellence at... More

"Sexism abounds and is constant"

Pros

Work life balance. I have never seen less accountability amongst employees in my whole entire life.

Cons

I have worked in IT for 20 years and I am used to being the only or one of very few woman. There are a fair number of women here and consistently, they are treated like wall flowers who really shouldn't say too much. I have never seen women so dismissed in every conversation as I have with this company. There is a real culture problem. Consistently, men take over conversations, interrupt women, promote men over women (except in one case where yes she is dating a VP), ask men who report to women if what the woman has said is correct. Honestly- there needs to be some change here. Other con- It feels like high school 2.0 where little is accomplished, the strategy is unclear other than to increase margins. The only solution the company has is to cut costs while at the same time pursuing low margin Cloud business. The executives are shifting around. They seem like good time guys and not really have a good focus on how to properly run and company and meet deadlines. They are all over the place.

Advice to Management

Please get some women executives and learn to listen to them. Teach your male staff to listen. Get a real plan in place for your company. It really seems like a little play ground where games abound but things of substance whither. Enable your employees to be successful. You need to grow your success, not just cut costs.

Sep 13, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer

I regret to hear that you have a negative view of what it’s like for women working at Informatica. As the head of Human Resources, I take... More