Informatica Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Informatica Chief Executive Officer Anil Chakravarthy
Anil Chakravarthy

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is getting difficult due to multiple releases parallely (in 29 reviews)

• The current privatization will reduce interest in R&D and bring down cost cutting everywhere (in 19 reviews)

"Leader in data but not in people"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location - On campus Gym, Showers, onsite cafe (not free or subsidized), game room with a pool table.
    Free electric charging station - Good to have if you have an electric vehicle.
    Farmer Market once a month - healthy options and convenient

Cons

High turnover in upper mgmt. - During my time there, CEO left and we went through 4 CIOs. Upper executives are unsure about the future and some even resort to apologizing for the bad financials.

Lack of trust within department - Constant struggle with old management techniques. There's definitely favoritism happening.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and build upon their career. Upper management needs to be honest to the employees and start walking the talk.

Mar 10, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about working with Informatica. We would point out that Informatica has been acknowledged by Computerworld as one of the 100 Best Companies to ... More

"Oh, what used to be...."

I worked at Informatica full-time

Pros

Informatica was a hidden gem in Silicon Valley. A successful, welcoming, open company with a culture that rivaled tech giants. Most of the people still there are incredible folks. A great company is made from great people. The technology is amazing, always a leader.

Cons

Executive and senior leadership team are the most uninspiring people I have come to see. They do not understand the valley, the technology, the people, or anything for that matter. They took away what mattered the most and treated the best people as after thoughts. It's no wonder there was a mass exodus. Can people be successful here? Sure, if you play office politics. It's not anger than former employees have, it's disappointment.

Advice to Management

Get clear on what you're doing and stop lying to people. You cower in a veil of false transparency when in reality, you yourself know you don't care. The least you can do is be open about it. Also, when people ask you what the vision you have is, don't go off into a tangent about how you're from a rough neighborhood, how everybody is family, how loyalty is everything when you have done nothing to earn it and you've been at one place your entire career.

"In Total Chaos"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Redwood City, CA

Pros

+ Product Stack People Know
    + Old Name that never dies
    + Mostly good colleagues
    + Work/Life ok

Cons

+ Management who are unfamiliar with the product and the problem customers face
    + Product improvements completely out of line with what customers ask for and what competitors are bringing to market
    + CEO And VP have no interest in interacting with you as an employee or person even at events. They just stare and walk away.
    + Extremely Rude and Condescending Management
    + Old Dinosaur Culture that is un moving and stuck in the " this is the way we do things"
    + Unlimited PTO a farse.. as having been told by one superior "well you took PTO before you joined our company", why do you need it over summer. (Mind you management of course took it to sit on a Mexican beach).
    + Losing Ground to competitors very fast. In short order the newer cloud group will be unable to compete with folks like Mule & Snap & Boomi.
    + PE Play a total disaster as are most of these acquisitions. As one colleague optimistically put it "maybe we'll ipo in a few years", which resulted in giggles at the pure idiocy.

Advice to Management

Cant really advise, improve your product, shame you went private. Youre not doing what Dell is doing.

Aug 2, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We regret that you have a negative view of your former workplace. Since we cannot know how long ago you left, it’s hard to address your comments. A lot has changed, and mostly for the good. Senior ... More

"A once great company..."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Market leading data management software company with strong market presence and customer base. Solid core products and used to have good people to work with on the front lines.

Cons

Open source software is more agile and Informatica is playing catchup in the big data world. Recent development has been stagnant and some of the tertiary software is quite buggy.

Bloated software portfolio makes it difficult to be deep enough in all opportunities. SC's need to rely on specialists. No real opportunities for advancement on the tech side.

Hasn't had any real leadership in worlwide field operations in years.

Can't trust upper management after being told repeatedly that the company wasn't going to go private. Upper management getting rich off of stock options and stock grants while everyone else fails to benefit from buyout.

Equity in the newly private company was not spread to all employees. Only offered to mid-level management and higher. Also, no retention bonuses mean that the company is bleeding experienced and successful people in sales and pre-sales.

Advice to Management

Stop destrying the culture of Informatica by running off the people who made it what it is. A ton of tribal knowledge has already either been shown the door or left on their own. New CEO has no background other than being given a job by 'the sponsors' and there is no trust in upper management.

Oct 2, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

An alternate view to consider is that Informatica continues to strengthen its product leadership position in multiple categories. Informatica has been named to the 2015 DBTA 100: The Companies That ... More

"Riding the PE journey to hell"

Current Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Informatica (Less than a year)

Pros

None us us have to move when taking new jobs

Cons

Lies, more lies, and disgraceful acts abound

Advice to Management

You sold your souls

Sep 17, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We are sorry that you have a negative view of our future. If you have knowledge of specific “lies and disgraceful acts,” please share them with your HR Business Partner or any member of the ... More

"Once a good Company,... joined too late"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Very ambitious about Cloud Products

Cons

* Does not pay Bonuses/Commissions based on what was promised
    * Now owned by Canadian company that is cutting costs like a race horse
    * Lots of People leaving
    * Has no clue that the job market and economy is booming and has therefore promised no more layoffs this year
    * Too many older guys who have spent their entire career at one company and do not realize that there are other options in corporate life
    * Not Oracle but definitely very bubble view on life
    * Enjoys a lot of industry respect but only management will win going forward. Stick to other offers you have...

Advice to Management

Go read Cruchbase or tech news and realize If youre giving employees no better options than to work harder for nothing youre going to end up with management building the rails.. Good luck folks! New CEO has no background other than being given a job by 'the sponsors'

Aug 24, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

(The following is posted on behalf of Jo Stoner, EVP and Chief Human Resources Officer of Informatica) Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of Informatica. We are sorry that ... More

"Direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits although become expensive recently. The ESSP program was good.

Cons

The company is too slow to change although expecting that once PE takes over change will happen rapidly. The "informatica way" of doing things should change else people will be frustrated.

Advice to Management

Please move fast. reduce management burden. Promote or create opportunities for people within.

Aug 4, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review and taking the time to share your thoughts about Informatica. Change is an intrinsic element in an industry such as ours. We believe our results to date – over 7 years ... More

"Not sure where this company went after I left"

Former Employee - Senior Web Producer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Web Producer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours at the time, reasonable pay and benefits

Cons

No interest in individual contributors, management in flux. I don't think anyone knew what I did every day.

Advice to Management

Is it really the best thing for new management to just do a mass layoff in marketing, chop off heads based on job title, and then hire a new collection of people? That's what you did.

Jul 27, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Informatica. Without knowing your exact situation, it is difficult to respond specifically. But the re-structuring in Marketing to which you refer happened ... More

"Good products not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

They have good products and a beautiful building

Cons

Very cliquey environment and management not honest.

Advice to Management

Be more honest to the employees

Aug 4, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for sharing your impressions of Informatica. We believe our managers, particularly our senior leadership team, have been very open and honest with our employees. Our CEO conducts quarterly ... More

11. "Internship at Informatica"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment near the company is very good! There are a lot of great intern event. You can met a lot of new friends there.

Cons

1, Their product is real difficult to use. For example, if you want to import a dataset, even a full-time employee don't know how to do that after 1 hour trying.
    2, You might learn nothing from it. Also, unlike other big company, there is no plan for interns, they always changed their thought. What you do might a trivial thing.
    3, they didn't change the intern salary for over three years!!

Oct 24, 2014 – VP Global Talent Acquisition

Sorry you feel your intern experience was not very good. Love to chat to you about the specifics of your internship. Its surprising as our intern program the past 2 years has been a huge success from ... More