Informatica Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Informatica Chief Executive Officer Anil Chakravarthy
Anil Chakravarthy

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance could be challenge during release time ( manageable with good plan ) (in 28 reviews)

• The current privatization will reduce interest in R&D and bring down cost cutting everywhere (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A company who cares about me and my family"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have never worked for a company who really allowed me to put my family first until I worked for Informatica. I am allowed a flexible schedule so that I can balance my family and work life as I need to. My managers trust me, know that I am loyal and stand behind me in my decisions as a SME. I am constantly challenged and able to pick up new skills. I am allowed the opportunity to bring an idea to the table and my management trust me in order to make it happen from review, testing to implementation. Overall I feel more valued.

Cons

All the recent changes, from management to our internal programs.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the changes. We went from Public to Private, then internal programs have changed to save money, layoffs, etc. We need to let the waters calm before we rock the boat again.

Informatica Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience of working with Informatica. Change is part of the DNA of Silicon Valley, and Informatica is changing in order to maintain our leadership in the ... More

2. "Positive minded employees will like it at Informatica"

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

Pros

People are here at Informatica because they want to be here. Employees like the company, work toward company goals, and are vary happy to help each other. Very positive attitude amoung employees. Management is very approachable and say what they mean. There are no hidden agendas at Informatica.

Cons

Many rumors of being an acquisition target.

Advice to Management

Continue to let your appreciation for employees efforts be known.

3. "a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

the people are great, there is a strong sense of team spirit and everyone is very helpful. people are respected by management - they know we are the key to the success

Cons

in this tough macro climate - there arent any downsides. jobs are stable, pay is good, we still get bonuses and good benefits

Advice to Management

communicate more

"Been waiting for them to reveal their true dark selves, but it is a fantastic organization with great leadership"

Current Employee - Such An Impressive Place & Blowing Out Numbers! in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Sohaib/CEO continually amazes - dedication, knowledge, leadership, humor, passion - all off the charts. He is someone you really want to follow into battle.
    Can't argue with growth and results this company has put up. Probably best in the Valley - grew right through the "Great Recession."
    Others in exec management have all been impressive, easily approachable, smart people - very pragmatic
    Benefits to employees are great - they really care and make employee morale a key part of every quarterly company meeting
    Sales Organization doesn't have the "I walk on water" mentality that so many other companies have.

Cons

With growth comes challenges - office space running out. More crunching to fit people in.
    Could push for better cross-organizational collaboration (sales, marketing, business units)
    Acquisitions pace fast and furious - can be hard to keep up (but that's part of what's expected)

Advice to Management

Continue to be pragmatic (which you have been). Approve a corporate jet for the hardest working CEO in the Valley (no, Sohaib did not ask me to say this)!

6. "Healthy work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

INFA has a feel of a family environment, The pay and benefits are excellent. There is a strong HR focus on improving work life and compensation which has kept us with a very low turnover rate. I enjoy coming to work, the environment is a startup feel with large company results.

Cons

The companys last acquistion has limited the space here in Redwood City. We seem to be running out of space here on campus. Parking and seating is getting a bit tight.

7. "a competitive and fast-growing company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

Pros

good weather in whole year.
    Informatica is a leading company in data integration area, their products are widely used in many companies.
    will have good opportunities in cloud computing area;

Cons

The company locates near silicon valley, the living expense is higher compare to other places.
    no other comments right now a

Advice to Management

The management teams are good in general. The company is well organized. The employees do not need work overtime usually. a

"Informatica is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Director of IT in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Director of IT in Redwood City, CA

Pros

At Informatica, I have the opportunity to work with smart people who are passionate about what they do - regardless of the department. In the last week I have worked with product managers who are genuinely excited by what our products can do, IT analysts who continually look for new ways to deliver creative solutions for the business, marketers who are 100% committed to driving growth of the business, and facilities managers who are coming up with creative ways to provide collaborative and efficient working environments for our rapidly growing team. And that's just this week!

Sohaib Abbasi provides clear leadership and strategic direction for the company, and there is strong alignment of objectives from the top down. Large projects, whether they are product releases, technology initiatives, or business process changes have visible, top-down support. In recent months, everyone is talking about what their teams can do to help sustain continued growth and innovation.

I was fortunate enough to visit our India office this quarter and meet some of the team there, and I observed the same focus on delivery and execution, as well as emphasis on communication, accountability and strong relationships that I see at HQ. This is the first time I have been part of a global team that truly feels like a team.

With regard to opportunity for advancement, here's my experience - in the 7+ years I have been with the company I have been promoted four times. While turnover is extremely low - I have had one resignation on the team in the time I have been here - we have had numerous openings created through increased workload due to company growth, expansion in scope of the team's responsibilities, or promotion of top performers, resulting in a fairly consistent stream of opportunities.

At Informatica, I feel that I have the resources I need to be successful, as well as the opportunity to have my voice be heard and to make an impact on the organization.

Cons

Informatica is growing very quickly:

- Space is tight in HQ and getting tighter as we continue to grow.
    - People who are new to the company have a LOT to absorb in very little time. There are some orientation programs to bring them up to speed but it's a lot to learn and there is an expectation that you'll get productive fast.
    - Similar to the above - there is a lot of change going on constantly, new processes, new employees, people changing roles etc - again a lot to keep up with

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - maintain focus on execution and core competencies and grow great leaders. There is a lot of talent out there in the organization - look for new ways to identify and grow top performers.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- Opportunities to learn new things
    - Management fairness
    - Good colleagues to work with
    - Competitive compensation
    - Good employee benefit
    - Profit sharing

Cons

- Release schedule is tight
    - Some stresses toward end of the release
    - No good investment options in 401K

10. "An Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Too many reasons to list: Sr. Management; Support for innovation; Successful company; Extraordinary workforce; Truly global; Customer focus; Fair treatment

Cons

You need to know how to handle the autonomy and trust you will be given. If you like to be told what to do - you might want to work at Oracle. You also need to know how to manage your time - if you want to, we'll let you work 60 hours/week. If you don't want to, you manage expectations and stick to your guns and you won't. You might also find that it's hard to find things to complain about - we all like to have a gripe, but you really have to dig to find one here. : )

Advice to Management

Your respect for your employees and your ability to choose other strong leaders makes you exceptional. Do more of what you are doing.

11. "A great truly global company where I can grow myself - both professionally and personally."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- The people - it's an opportunity to work with some of the smartest people
    - The culture
    - The values of the company and the people
    - An opportunity to make a difference

Cons

Not many people outside of the IT field know about Informatica, however in today's world almost everyone is a part of "big data". We have an opportunity to make a huge difference in people's lives and we're not promoting our products enough.

Advice to Management

As we grow to be a much bigger company, don't lose the personal touch - that's what makes this place a great place to be.