Informatica Reviews | Glassdoor

Informatica Reviews

Updated February 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance could be challenge during release time ( manageable with good plan ) (in 28 reviews)

• The current privatization will reduce interest in R&D and bring down cost cutting everywhere (in 18 reviews)

1. "Great company to work with"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good work life balance, benefits are good

Cons

None that I can think of

Nov 29, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review and positive comments. We appreciate them and wish you great success.

2. "Professional Services Analyst"

Pros

Great culture and employees are taken care of very well.

Cons

Business can be slow somtimes.

"Sad destruction of what was once a premier company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time

Pros

As a former employee (and not a disgruntled one I might add), the only thing left that is a "pro" are some of the people that I have left behind. There are some truly great people still there. It hurts me to be this honest.

Cons

The PE lost a fight with the former executive team (who almost all quit) and has deployed the worst executive team I have yet to encounter in my career. The new HR group has zero interest in understanding the culture and wants to insert their own, which is rooted in 1982. Crazy high turnover in HR because of this. The executive team consists of several siloed folks all rowing in different directions. PE managed to take what was once a premier destination company and absolutely destroy it. There are probably resume building opportunities there, but the company is slowly becoming a stain on one's resume.

Advice to Management

Realize that you need an experienced CEO to right this ship and take action. Just start over in HR and find the culture that once existed. Quit trying to prove to yourself that all you have to do is send jobs outside California to make it successful, remember where the innovation came from in the first place.

Nov 30, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We see Informatica as a leader in all things data management and having a very bright future ahead. Obviously, we disagree with your characterization of the Company. We would note that we continue ... More

5. "Software Engineering Intern"

Former Employee - Software Development Intern in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Development Intern in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome company, dedicated people, supportive leaders, helpful HR, incredible facilities spl the gym and classes.

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing great job

Oct 4, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your internship here and - more importantly - that you got real value out of the experience. We look forward to seeing you back on campus again in ... More

"Great people and culture!"

Pros

I tremendously enjoyed my time at Informatica. The people there were top notch and true professionals. I had the opportunity to work with many Director/VP level colleagues in multiple departments and found all to be supportive and cooperative. Everyone worked together to achieve a common goal in a constructive way. Good work/life balance with predictable peaks and valleys of busy times etc. INFA will always have a supporter in me rooting for their future success!

Cons

It's only natural that there is a bit of uncertainty anytime there is an acquisition, though I wasn't too worried about my own role personally.

Advice to Management

I really hope that even with the acquisition INFA can maintain the same collaborative culture that I got to experience.

Sep 23, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your glowing review. There's really nothing to add, other than that we are definitely working to take your advice and that we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

"Don't spoil your career"

Pros

None that is worth mentioning

Cons

Nepotism bordering on racism, zero career growth opportunities. They bring in offshore resources for the professional services in order to stifle growth and keep salaries down. Partner companies are promoted heavily. Being private makes them even less attractive to work for with reduced benefits, no RSUs or ESPPs to look forward to replace zero raises

Nov 3, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We're sorry you had a bad experience working for Informatica. We have made a renewed effort to ensure that performance is appropriately rewarded with increased emphasis on establishing goals and ... More

8. "Several roles over the last few years. Now a major account manager."

Current Employee - Major Account Manager
    Current Employee - Major Account Manager

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The teamwork and helpful culture is excellent. Do not see any of the backstabbing you see other places. Good brand and products, but newer ones have gaining the same revenue track. Technology is still well respected and has a large installed base.

Pay is still good with upside still in place.

Cons

There appears to be a disconnect blaming revenue challenges on sales execution. I believe it has more to do with shifting markets and setting realistic expectations we can capture. Newer products have been slow to sell.

Employees are losing faith there is a strategy in place to realistically grow Informatica. Good reps are considering exit strategies unless they see good movement

Advice to Management

Take a harder look at market ahifts and expectations based on product line, but ensure to factor the other key players or approaches in each market. After that, develop a revenue and sales / marketing strategy that maximizes revenue while retaining your top talent.

"Middle Management"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

None i can think off

Sep 23, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We couldn't agree more - Informatica is a great company to work for, largely thanks to dedicated people like you. We appreciate your review and best wishes for your continued success.

"Sexism abounds and is constant"

Pros

Work life balance. I have never seen less accountability amongst employees in my whole entire life.

Cons

I have worked in IT for 20 years and I am used to being the only or one of very few woman. There are a fair number of women here and consistently, they are treated like wall flowers who really shouldn't say too much. I have never seen women so dismissed in every conversation as I have with this company. There is a real culture problem. Consistently, men take over conversations, interrupt women, promote men over women (except in one case where yes she is dating a VP), ask men who report to women if what the woman has said is correct. Honestly- there needs to be some change here. Other con- It feels like high school 2.0 where little is accomplished, the strategy is unclear other than to increase margins. The only solution the company has is to cut costs while at the same time pursuing low margin Cloud business. The executives are shifting around. They seem like good time guys and not really have a good focus on how to properly run and company and meet deadlines. They are all over the place.

Advice to Management

Please get some women executives and learn to listen to them. Teach your male staff to listen. Get a real plan in place for your company. It really seems like a little play ground where games abound but things of substance whither. Enable your employees to be successful. You need to grow your success, not just cut costs.

Sep 13, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer I regret to hear that you have a negative view of what it’s like for women working at Informatica. As the head of Human Resources, I take ... More

11. "Great work culture!"

I have been working at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get things done. People are very motivated and collaborative.

Cons

Processes are not well defined.

Sep 23, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review. As we pursue our mission of being the leading data management company in the world, we are building the infrastructure and processes needed to make that mission a success ... More