Informatica Senior Sales Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Informatica Chief Executive Officer Anil Chakravarthy
Anil Chakravarthy

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is getting difficult due to multiple releases parallely (in 29 reviews)

• The current privatization will reduce interest in R&D and bring down cost cutting everywhere (in 19 reviews)

1. "Very satisfied"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Senior Management takes an active role in new hire training. It seems trivial, but really says a lot about what they think of their employees to take some time out to meet new hires each quarter.

Cons

Benefits are good, but not as good as i received at Oracle. But I do believe they are at least on par with average software companies.

Advice to Management

Look for additional opportunities to engage field employees with corporate culture to maintain the bond and loyalty.

"In Total Chaos"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Redwood City, CA

Pros

+ Product Stack People Know
    + Old Name that never dies
    + Mostly good colleagues
    + Work/Life ok

Cons

+ Management who are unfamiliar with the product and the problem customers face
    + Product improvements completely out of line with what customers ask for and what competitors are bringing to market
    + CEO And VP have no interest in interacting with you as an employee or person even at events. They just stare and walk away.
    + Extremely Rude and Condescending Management
    + Old Dinosaur Culture that is un moving and stuck in the " this is the way we do things"
    + Unlimited PTO a farse.. as having been told by one superior "well you took PTO before you joined our company", why do you need it over summer. (Mind you management of course took it to sit on a Mexican beach).
    + Losing Ground to competitors very fast. In short order the newer cloud group will be unable to compete with folks like Mule & Snap & Boomi.
    + PE Play a total disaster as are most of these acquisitions. As one colleague optimistically put it "maybe we'll ipo in a few years", which resulted in giggles at the pure idiocy.

Advice to Management

Cant really advise, improve your product, shame you went private. Youre not doing what Dell is doing.

Aug 2, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We regret that you have a negative view of your former workplace. Since we cannot know how long ago you left, it’s hard to address your comments. A lot has changed, and mostly for the good. Senior ... More

3. "Great company with excellent people and top-notch products"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Focused on everything data, covering the entire life-cycle of data from creation to disposal. We are independent and not beholden to any of the big stack vendors enabling us to provide impartial advice and technology.

Cons

Sometimes over focused on the SFDC processes and also it seems increasingly distanced from real existing customers and their local community around user groups and supporting them.

Advice to Management

1. As a sales consultant I feel we are not getting enough training/enablement compared to for instance product specialists.
    2. Having been involved in several sales cycles where sales overlays were involved it seems to me that their roles and responsibilities need refining - there has been counterproductive assistance provided when dealing with a large number of INFA products not just theirs.
    3. Simplify, simplify, simplify...

"Stuck in the mud with a CEO that needs to move on."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products that generally live up to their potential with clients. Smatt and nice colleagues, although turnover is pretty high. Great training. Selling to the business is the right thing to do; we need more tools to do that better. I appreciate the autonomy that I have in hitting quota

Cons

After many years of being here, I've never seen so much political posturing, and so much investtment in overhead/useless staff in RWC. Management talks about how we will become a $3B compnay, but is clueless on how to articulate that. It ain't VIBE. The CEO pulls far too much money out of the company through his stock plan, it doesnt appear he has much confidence in the company. Way too much emphasis on generating reports and SFDC, mostly to cover one's bottom. SFDC is my new Saturday fun time

Advice to Management

You have become aloof. YOU HAVE NO STRATEGY TO GROW, and our results show that. I'd like to see that you allow yourself to admit you have screwed up a lot of late. The amount you pay yourselves and the rubbish you spew at us in company meetings is incredible. Get out and be with customers. Start with killing the oversized ego's please... if a pin went into you, most of you would pop like a baloon. Invest in more customer facing roles, perhaps starting with folks who can run smart business demo's and an adequate IPS staff

I had put an innordinate amount of my retirement savings into INFA and that has turned out to be a big mistake.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Products, very smart people

Cons

Work Life balance. Can never take vacation without being made to feel guilty.

Aug 16, 2014 – Sr. Global Talent Attraction Manager

We are glad to hear from you, and yes, we do have great products and super smart people to work with. I also understand the pressure the Sales team is under and why it feels bad to take time off. But ... More

"Mis-Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant

I worked at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for company growth, the people in general, work-life balance, the pay and compensation are good

Cons

Some great but some horrible low-level managers, especially when "promoted" from being individual performers.
    Field training is lengthy, boring, and doesn't prepare for the field.

Advice to Management

When the manager has been an employee for a long time, and is an experienced veteran but a first-time manager, the management team needs to actually teach the guy how to be a manager and leader. Forced into management = bad manager.

Also, when transitioning people, the communication from managers to their staff was horribly poor. Need clear written info when people join and leave the teams and organization.

"Good place to work in"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is global and yet small compared to competition. As a technical person, I find it easy to reach out to my WW colleague for help and support.
    Informatica products are best of breed which makes a guru like me proud to be working with such product.

Cons

They do not pay good in the Middle East.
    I know I can get a much better salary elsewhere but it's a choice I made to stay.

Feb 18, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to prepare your review and your positive comments. We try to be very competitive when it comes to compensation, so if you can provide your HR Business Partner with any ... More

"Company has a clear strategy"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Software is, genuinely, the best in the industry in its core capabilities
    - Very good compensation and benefits
    - The chance to work with lots of talented people
    - Investment in new, innovative technology is now starting to bear fruit, but must continue
    - The private acquisition will enable the business to invest for the long term
    - Communication about the company strategy since the takeover has been frequent and consistent; hopefully this continues

Cons

- Private takeover offered equity only for senior management, so talented people are leaving for start-ups where they *can* get equity
    - Really busy, all of the time, so work/life balance is definitely skewed more towards work
    - Very US-centric, with not many career options outside of US
    - Slower off the mark than newer and open source competitors

Advice to Management

Remember that there are countries out side of the US doing business, but they might conduct business in a different way. Think of ways to retain long-term employees. Continue to invest heavily in technology.

Oct 13, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thanks for your comments and for letting us know the increased communication is working and well-received. We plan to continue with the more frequent cadence. As our new equity program wasn’t ... More

9. "Excellent learning platform but stingy when it comes to payouts"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very competitive internal teams - lots to learn from your peers. Pretty amiable environment internally - teams ready to help. Significant learning opportunities. Unlike many other software firms, Bangalore continues to be the hub from where major product R&D ownership and delivery comes from. Excellent PreSales leadership in India.

Cons

Very lean organization. Most departments struggle with bandwidth round the year. Investment in a region comes only if results are delivered ahead to indicate potential - something that is a big blow for regions like India. Being a US-centric company from Sales perspective - countries like India where the annual revenue opportunity is way smaller than what US or other regions deliver, resourcing or employee wages would always be on the lower side.

Advice to Management

Invest more in regions outside of US esp India. Treat Sales support teams also fairly like your core Sales organization - PreSales is pretty much being given step-child treatment. Bring in more people to bridge the uneven reporting structures - too many junior level positions in APJ region directly reporting into APJ head causing a lot of the suggestions/requests going unheard. PreSales compensation in India is way below what competition offers in this region - will not help attrition at all.

10. "Solid technology and highly capable people"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

There's great personal freedom to act as needed towards objectives without micromanagement. Plenty of support mechanisms for collaboration, and there are a lot of very smart people to work with.

Cons

There's so much information available, sometimes more than one source for the same thing, so it can be confusing to sort out where to look. Limited feedback from management - depends who you work for but in my case there's no feedback beyond a cursory annual review unless you push for it.