KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Informatica

Engaged Employer

Informatica

Add a Review

Informatica Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

Found 42 of over 1,975 reviews

4.3
Informatica Chief Executive Officer Amit Walia
Amit Walia
Pros
  • "The company has great work life balance(in 278 reviews)

• "Great work culture and talented offshore team(in 126 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometime work life balance and average salary(in 52 reviews)

• "You might get frustated when you are unable to solve your task or contact senior management(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Informatica and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very satisfied

Oct 1, 2014 - Senior Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Senior Management takes an active role in new hire training. It seems trivial, but really says a lot about what they think of their employees to take some time out to meet new hires each quarter.

Cons

Benefits are good, but not as good as i received at Oracle. But I do believe they are at least on par with average software companies.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great products, declining intangibles

Jan 25, 2019 - Solutions Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Products are best in class, and the company has a great reputation. Great technology. Plenty of talented and nice people. Commissions are not capped.

Cons

Ever since Informatica went private equity in 2015, the Solutions Consultant job has been declining in multiple ways. They are continually being asked to carry more responsibility while compensation is not competitive. A 3% yearly raise on your base salary is the most you can expect, and you would only get that if you walk on water. The majority of Solutions Consultants get 0-1% raises, and that's only on the base salary. Benefits are adequate at best and have been declining over time. Working evenings and weekends are a must. No equity is shared except for the very high-level employees. Bad quarters and years are felt by all in the company, while the spoils of good quarters and years are only enjoyed by senior management. From the Solutions Consultant vantage point, it always feels like the company is going broke even when the company is beating expectations. I would recommend waiting until Informatica is bought or goes public before joining as a Solutions Consultant.

5 people found this review helpful

Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Our PreSales Solutions Consultant team is a big part of our success and we feel there is a very lucrative compensation structure in place, as it is constantly reviewed and benchmarked against our market space. We’ll take your feedback into consideration and we thank you for your feedback.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Oracle North

Mar 30, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office and location Benefits are fantastic Leading Industry Solutions

Cons

If you believe in Ethical Behavior, Integrity, and Honesty you must leave those at the front door. These are not openly followed by mid level and senior management. Lack of respect for employees Blatant decisions to improve one's career vs. what is best for Informatica No accountability for improper behavior. The soul and culture in the Austin office in 3 short months has been successfully exterminated. IPO at whatever means at the expense of the front line is current trend. Lack of diversity for women. Continue to hire Oracle folks ( Mostly White Males)-believe this is a desire to turn the culture to one of Micro Managing and form a "Good Ole Boy" System.

13 people found this review helpful

Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions, as we value input from both current and former team members. The company has invested tremendously in our Austin office and our footprint continues to grow each year. Further, we were pleased to be recognized among Austin’s Top Workplaces in 2018. Informatica is opposed to any situation or occurrence that doesn’t meet our ethical standards and company values. We encourage you to reach out to your leadership or the HR Compliance team to raise any concern you may have in order that it can be addressed.

4. 4.0

Always Changing and Growing

Mar 6, 2019 - SMG Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work. Environment is wonderful. People are fantastic and helpful, energetic and fun!

Cons

In the year I have been here, there have been multiple process changes (sometimes even for the same process, several times) and little direction provided when process changes are made. There has been senior management turn over. Middle managers are quite new to managing and seem unfamiliar on how to manage a group.

Global Employment Experience and Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Informatica, we not only want to empower our customers to make possible what before never existed, but we also want to empower our employees to provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve life at Informatica for all employees. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overall a great experience

Jan 28, 2015 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Informatica has a great position in the marketplace and I have never heard a negative word from customers about the solutions. It has a very collaborative environment and full of people who want to win and excel together. All the extended resources are more than ready to help out. They hire very smart and capable people. The work life balance is good and the compensation is very good. Senior management seems to really believe in the company and its future.

Cons

As the company is transitioning to become a large organization, it has sometimes lost the "smaller company" feel. It was never a small company, but you always felt like your voice was heard and had the environment of a start-up, a large start-up. Many folks come here from large companies and enjoy the smaller company environment. Don't Lose That.

1 person found this review helpful

VP Global Talent Acquisition

Hi there, and thank you for your comments. Your comment about internal movement is well heard and has been based on feedback from a number of employees and on Glassdoor. HR is soon to be scoping a program to help internal mobility across the company. If your open to it, Id love to talk to you about your experiences as I want to make sure the project team covers of as many use cases as possible. Please reach out if your open to a conversation on internal mobility. Regards Brad Cook

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

The worse work experience in my career! Informatica has become like Computer Associates with its hostile management team

Dec 29, 2014 - Account Manager in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved working at Informatica for many years. It was a place where people were well treated and part of a team. Great solid products, a lot of resources to draw from, has the latest technology in place to perform your job (salesforce.com, Marketo, Work Day, etc) The company even let's you use Facebook during work hours. Whatever devices you need, you just ask and get.

Cons

Many people have quit in the past 2 years or got fired based on unrealistic work objectives. Informatica is struggling to get passed the $1B mark and is only focused on the financials at the expense of employees. They have shifted from a healthy employee culture to a military style culture exactly like Computer Associate. Management all the way up to senior management are new and have no concept on how to manage employees. Many of them lack education and respect by using intimidation tactics to get the job done or else!!! Many of them are bullies and will yell at you just like a hockey coach would do. Very unprofessional and old fashion way to use scare tactics towards employees thinking they will get the job done. They think they can own you and expect you to work a lot of overtime without any appreciation or compensation. Stay away from Informatica!

10 people found this review helpful

HR Director

We appreciate you taking the time to share your views and experiences with Informatica which show two very different ends of the spectrum. We are very much focused on a culture and leadership style that reflect the Pros you listed and will continue to strive to ensure the Cons listed are not represented at Informatica.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Feb 1, 2017 - Principal Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. People are genuinely nice and cooperative and director/senior management doesn't macro manage 2. New leadership has an open door policy and is trying to keep it honest 3. Less stress, option of working from home and no restriction in taking off days

Cons

1. New leadership is struggling to define a company perspective, if it's a 100% software product company or a company who wants to partner with their client in business strategy and become part of their journey in business success. 2. Different groups within the org. works in silos, big gap between sales, strategy and product development 3. There are people in the leadership who has very little clue about the ground reality and what the market is looking for

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about working with Informatica. We have been emphasizing the concept of One Informatica for the last year, and will continue to work to unify Informatica behind our vision to be the premier Cloud data management company in the world. Thank you again and best wishes for the year ahead.

8. 3.0

Informatica - survivor

Jun 20, 2008 - Principal Engineer in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Silicon Valley location, market leader in their space, though IBM breathes down their neck. Acquiring companies to match IBM's breadth. Better technology in core area, but high level of turnover in marketing results in less than anticipated sales - so good opportunity for top marketeers. In R&D, good growth opportunities if you are joining in Bangalore as more R&D work moves to Bangalore.

Cons

In R&D, limited development ability in the US. Bangalore facility growing by leaps and bounds. Career stagnation in the US for engineers. Entrenched senior management in R&D (been there for 10+ years) are control freaks. Senior engineers/architects there for 10+ years (since IPO) are control freaks and dead wood. No new ideas.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0

great work environment

Jan 8, 2016 -  in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

* acting CEO became CEO - more certainty on strategy and leadership team - very positive for long term * transparent communication by management, much better cross group collaboration * interesting work - focus on cloudification of solutions, metadata and analytics * senior management is down to earth and very approachable * employee friendly - company celebrates product success - all of R&D (some 1000 employees from all over the world) are going to an all inclusive resort for 5 days! - This is awesome!

Cons

public company to private equity transition and the perceived uncertainty - our investors seem to be focused on investing for growth - want to take the company public in 3 to 5 years - however this is a new experience for most of us.

Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review and sharing your thoughts about Informatica. Our journey is a new experience for most of us in the Company, but we are fortunate to have experienced leaders to help guide us on this journey. We will try to get the leadership more visible on social media... it's just that they're very busy guiding our innovation! ;-) Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your success.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Death Spiral - Worst Management Team in Silicon Valley

Jan 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are still a few very dedicated, good people that work at INFA. The Redwood City location is convenient and the campus is very nice.

Cons

The current management team has completely destroyed the culture and spirit of the company. The senior management team is the most unqualified, incompetent senior management team in the valley. They simply do not have a good understanding of the business and treat the long term employees with disrespect. The business is tanking and they don't know how to get the company back going in the right direction. They mistakenly under-estimated the value of the existing senior management team and let them go when the company went private. It has been a very sad demise.

20 people found this review helpful

Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Informatica leads the industry – both in market share and analysts’ evaluations of our innovation and leadership in the growing data management market – and our senior team is integral in setting the strategy and delivering great results for the company. Culture is, admittedly, subjective. Your peers at Informatica, however, give the Company culture 3.9 out of 5 stars on Glassdoor, a rating which has been rising since last summer (as well as their appraisal of senior management). Can we improve? Of course. But only if all of us – together – work to make it so.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews