Information Control Company Reviews in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Columbus, OH Area

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steven Glaser

Pros
  • decent pay for first job, but don't get caught in anniversaries, you can do better elsewhere (in 3 reviews)

• Many opportunities to learn new skills; team atmosphere; well run company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Any corporate events are stiff and really only meant for the few employees that are stationed permanently at ICC HQ (internal staff, HR, etc (in 10 reviews)

• Sometimes limited career-growth depending on position and division (in 2 reviews)

1. "Very good company!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, efforts to stay in touch with the internal and external development community, family-friendly (atmosphere and annual activities)

Cons

Inner office 'cliche' feel, general field consultant disconnect when visiting the base office if on a long term assignment.

2. "ETL Informatica Developer"

Current Employee - Informatica Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Informatica Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good leadership, Tuition reimbursement,Good attorney ,Better Benefits

Cons

Lesser number of clients,focused on only one locations

3. "Data Analyst"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

family culture, training opportunities

Cons

rigid, feel like they have a lot of baggage, not adaptive to change, uninspiring

Advice to Management

be more aware of the environment, change quickly and often

Information Control Company Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for the review, we appreciate the feedback. Keeping up with the rapid changes occurring in IT and the effects of digital transformation on our clients is a key focus for ICC. I can ... More

5. "Do Not Relocate with a family"

Former Employee - UI Tech Lead in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - UI Tech Lead in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid while in between assignments;
    Reimbursements for books and other continued education;
    Would be great if relocating without a family.

Cons

I was recruited from out of state and arrived with my family on the 2nd of the month. My start date was the 3rd. I arrived with my wife and four children which we were staying in an extended stay at first. During orientation it is explained clearly that if we need to get anything done to take care of it while you are on bench (in between consulting positions). I did just that. We had to find a home to rent, get all of our utilities, cable, internet, kids registered in new schools (which couldnt be done until we found our place), get new furniture, transfer vehicle registration, transfer drivers license, find new doctors for the entire family and even have to drive 4 hours twice just to go to Cincinnati to deposit check into the only Bank of America ATM in Ohio. This process had taken some time since I am a family of 6. I was given 3 days of PTO time on start and had accrued another 12 hours during my employment. I had to take all of my PTO and then some in order to get settled in.

To move a whole family and get settled it takes some time. It is obvious that there is not that much experience relocating whole families and my associate advocate was not very understanding of this. Taking my PTO during time on bench is exactly what I was told to do so it does not interfere with time onsite with clients. Yet I was terminated note even a month in due to missing days. This was absolutely outrageous since I moved and the very next day started working there. I was given no lead way with getting moved into the house we rented, and taking care of everything else I had mentioned above. I had completed all I needed to and was ready to start at my first client when on my last week ICC had an error in payroll and had to issue another paper check. I bank with Bank of America and was expecting direct deposit. Since ICC had a company error not only with me but everyone else that started my date, direct deposit did not work and I again had to drive down to Cincinnati which is a 4 hour drive round trip. I am called while I had to take the time to deposit the check saying I am terminated because they have been flexible enough with my time out.

I did not violate any rules and actually followed protocol by taking time off during bench time to relocate my whole family. I missed a total of 5 days during my employment. Not all at once but spread out. The fifth day was due to the company error in payroll. I had the PTO to use. So in the real world my termination was uncalled for. Now I had rented out my home back where I moved from, rented a home here, purchased all new furniture and got my kids into school here only to be unfairly terminated.

Advice to Management

If you relocate a family from out of state expect that it would take longer than a single individual. The relocated family has to do things like find a home, get kids in school, get utilities and typical moving things done. If they use PTO to get all this stuff done this should not be a grounds to terminate. This is not stuff that can be done overnight. It takes time, especially if the employee arrived in Ohio the day before they started due to having to wait for all the checks and screening to come back for the greenlight to make the move.

6. "Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ICC Treats Their consultants well

Cons

Need to share more info with associates

7. "It have learn so much and the company has done a fantastic job providing for me and my family."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many opportunities to learn new things. Have a staff dedicated to maintaining strong relationships with their employees.

Cons

When at a remote client location it is hard to benefit from all of the offerings at the main office as there are many lunch meetings.

Advice to Management

Please continue to focus on your employees as you grow.

"Nice work environment"

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, nice working evnironment

Cons

Unless you work in the HQ, there is limited training available

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

Pros

ICC is the best place for people who recently immigrate to U.S. I have learned a lot in this company how to work in U.S.

Cons

No cons yet in my mind

Advice to Management

Manage more out-source projects

"Not trust worthy"

Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company (More than a year)

Pros

While I was joining ICC, the recruiter was very nice, meet and greet with energy - people were cheerful and did my visa transfer at a super fast speed. You get lot of technical sessions/talk and indeed that brings lot of inspiration to go an extra mile.

Cons

Not sure what to say but why people don't say when there is any problem (if it exists) with any of the consultant, why to wait for the last hour and not giving chance to better/redo the things. In my case, the advocate consultant informed me that I will get a new assignment after completing the current one but they ditched me and removed me out of the job - what a way to treat your employers and result of having trust. Till last meeting I was under the impression that I am in good hands and did extra work for them but they didn't care and in fact they are not ready to give my personal project which was there in my laptop.

Advice to Management

Keep your employers/consultant informed what you think about them. Communication is the key and I would like to have an advocate for the consultant not just a mouthpiece of the upper management.

11. "Java Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Good place to work. They have great Senior Architects. Good place to learn for junior developer and there are very positive when you are on the bench but they have a lot of clients so less chance to on bench.

Cons

Don't expect to much salary, benefits and bonuses. Restricted to Columbus Ohio only. No communication between consultant and management, there are advocates but they don't help much.

Advice to Management

have more communication with Consultants and review process should be clear and should be done by more senior technical people