Information Control Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steven Glaser

Pros
  • Hosted family-oriented events regularly, and made it easy to maintain a positive work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• decent pay for first job, but don't get caught in anniversaries, you can do better elsewhere (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Being a consulting company and working away from the main office you can sometimes feel left out of the loop (in 3 reviews)

• Any corporate events are stiff and really only meant for the few employees that are stationed permanently at ICC HQ (internal staff, HR, etc (in 10 reviews)

1. "Still a consulting company, but recent improvements make it better than most"

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Free snacks and beverages at the office
    * Send a welcome gift basket
    * Send a cookies for your birthday every year
    * In 2015, introduced a staff member to handle any concerns, career management assistance, etc cross-client rather than having you work with various account managers as you move from account to account
    * Account managers are very engaged, making regular (in my case, weekly) on-site visits
    * They tend to take the long view when dealing with clients, trying to build a long-lasting relationship rather than focusing on how they can make a quick buck now.
    * Hack night every month, with beer, pizza, boardgames, and presentations/labs on technologies of interest.
    * Several SIGs within the company to continue learning (big data, PM, leadership, ToastMasters, certification programs, etc).
    * Annual company holiday party.
    * Annual company trip (Columbus Zoo, CedarPoint, etc)
    * Pays for membership in approved professional organizations
    * Has a tuition reimbursement program
    * Decent insurance
    * Have health related resources like Healthy Weigh Challenge, yoga classes, massages in office, etc
    * Mileage reimbursement for clients more than 25 miles from ICC office.

Cons

* 401k matching vested on schedule (<2 years 0%, >=2 years 25%, >=3 years 50%, >=4 years 75%, >=5 years 100%). 5 years is a long time to stay in one place in consulting.
    * Unused PTO paid out on scale (<1 year 0%, >=1 year 20%, >=2 years 40%, >=3 years 60%, >=4 years 80%, >=5 years 100%). 5 years is a long time to stay in one place in consulting.
    * It's a consulting company. While they care about their associates more than many shops in town, moving you off a project you're unhappy with might not happen right away. They're likely to tolerate somewhat pushy client requests in the interests of keeping the client happy.
    * 8 company holidays, but follows holiday schedule of client. This can be pretty awesome if client is a bank, or kinda crumby if the client is retail.

Advice to Management

Changes to improve culture and associate success are working, keep growing the engagement. Work a little more on the give and take with clients. It's a partnership, we shouldn't just be a "yes-man". Associate Advocates have too many resources to properly manage, hire more.

2. "Perfectly sized local consulting company"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a company, they worked very well to aid continuing education, especially when it was required by the client. The pay rate was quite fair, and the office staff were quite capable and supportive. Hosted family-oriented events regularly, and made it easy to maintain a positive work-life balance. Can go pretty far in the company if you're willing to put in the effort (and face time in the office.)

Cons

My only con had more to do with visibility within the company. Being a long term assignment consultant, it could feel easy to be felt forgotten. Most times, I usually felt like a stranger to the office when I was on site during bench time.

3. "ETL Informatica Developer"

Current Employee - Informatica Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Informatica Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good leadership, Tuition reimbursement,Good attorney ,Better Benefits

Cons

Lesser number of clients,focused on only one locations

"Bad Management/ Selfish Company"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are billable and getting moolah to this place, you will be well taken care.

Cons

If you are non-billable and not getting them moolah (irrespective of market slowdown or sales team not getting opportunites or whatesoever) you will be terminated without any headsup. One day you'll be full-time and the nexxt day on street

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. you guys are on right path. Wish you best.

"Data Analyst"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

family culture, training opportunities

Cons

rigid, feel like they have a lot of baggage, not adaptive to change, uninspiring

Advice to Management

be more aware of the environment, change quickly and often

Information Control Company Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for the review, we appreciate the feedback. Keeping up with the rapid changes occurring in IT and the effects of digital transformation on our clients is a key focus for ICC. I can ... More

"Do Not Relocate with a family"

Former Employee - UI Tech Lead in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - UI Tech Lead in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid while in between assignments;
    Reimbursements for books and other continued education;
    Would be great if relocating without a family.

Cons

I was recruited from out of state and arrived with my family on the 2nd of the month. My start date was the 3rd. I arrived with my wife and four children which we were staying in an extended stay at first. During orientation it is explained clearly that if we need to get anything done to take care of it while you are on bench (in between consulting positions). I did just that. We had to find a home to rent, get all of our utilities, cable, internet, kids registered in new schools (which couldnt be done until we found our place), get new furniture, transfer vehicle registration, transfer drivers license, find new doctors for the entire family and even have to drive 4 hours twice just to go to Cincinnati to deposit check into the only Bank of America ATM in Ohio. This process had taken some time since I am a family of 6. I was given 3 days of PTO time on start and had accrued another 12 hours during my employment. I had to take all of my PTO and then some in order to get settled in.

To move a whole family and get settled it takes some time. It is obvious that there is not that much experience relocating whole families and my associate advocate was not very understanding of this. Taking my PTO during time on bench is exactly what I was told to do so it does not interfere with time onsite with clients. Yet I was terminated note even a month in due to missing days. This was absolutely outrageous since I moved and the very next day started working there. I was given no lead way with getting moved into the house we rented, and taking care of everything else I had mentioned above. I had completed all I needed to and was ready to start at my first client when on my last week ICC had an error in payroll and had to issue another paper check. I bank with Bank of America and was expecting direct deposit. Since ICC had a company error not only with me but everyone else that started my date, direct deposit did not work and I again had to drive down to Cincinnati which is a 4 hour drive round trip. I am called while I had to take the time to deposit the check saying I am terminated because they have been flexible enough with my time out.

I did not violate any rules and actually followed protocol by taking time off during bench time to relocate my whole family. I missed a total of 5 days during my employment. Not all at once but spread out. The fifth day was due to the company error in payroll. I had the PTO to use. So in the real world my termination was uncalled for. Now I had rented out my home back where I moved from, rented a home here, purchased all new furniture and got my kids into school here only to be unfairly terminated.

Advice to Management

If you relocate a family from out of state expect that it would take longer than a single individual. The relocated family has to do things like find a home, get kids in school, get utilities and typical moving things done. If they use PTO to get all this stuff done this should not be a grounds to terminate. This is not stuff that can be done overnight. It takes time, especially if the employee arrived in Ohio the day before they started due to having to wait for all the checks and screening to come back for the greenlight to make the move.

7. "Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ICC Treats Their consultants well

Cons

Need to share more info with associates

8. "It have learn so much and the company has done a fantastic job providing for me and my family."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many opportunities to learn new things. Have a staff dedicated to maintaining strong relationships with their employees.

Cons

When at a remote client location it is hard to benefit from all of the offerings at the main office as there are many lunch meetings.

Advice to Management

Please continue to focus on your employees as you grow.

"Nice work environment"

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, nice working evnironment

Cons

Unless you work in the HQ, there is limited training available

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

Pros

ICC is the best place for people who recently immigrate to U.S. I have learned a lot in this company how to work in U.S.

Cons

No cons yet in my mind

Advice to Management

Manage more out-source projects