Information Control Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Information Control Company Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2019

3.3
Information Control Company CEO Steven Glaser (no image)
Steven Glaser

"Bad Management/ Selfish Company"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are billable and getting moolah to this place, you will be well taken care.

Cons

If you are non-billable and not getting them moolah (irrespective of market slowdown or sales team not getting opportunites or whatesoever) you will be terminated without any headsup. One day you'll be full-time and the nexxt day on street

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. you guys are on right path. Wish you best.

Information Control Company2017-04-12

"Data Analyst"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

family culture, training opportunities

Cons

rigid, feel like they have a lot of baggage, not adaptive to change, uninspiring

Advice to Management

be more aware of the environment, change quickly and often

Information Control Company2017-02-21

Information Control Company Response

February 27, 2017Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for the review, we appreciate the feedback. Keeping up with the rapid changes occurring in IT and the effects of digital transformation on our clients is a key focus for ICC. I can understand how you might perceive the steps required in this transformation as appearing rigid or not adaptive to change. However, this is a key focus for our company in 2017, and drives the core of our strategy and investments in new service offerings. If you are looking for inspiration, I’d encourage you to speak with your Associate Advocate about your areas of interest and passion, as well as the numerous engagement opportunities we have developed for you personally and professionally. Hopefully you’ll find something that speaks to you. Thank you again for your interest in making ICC better! Regards, Rick Ritzler Chief Talent Officer

3. "Unorganized Company"

I have been working at Information Control Company

Pros

Happy hour every 3 months

Cons

Management is so bad. they always assign the wrong people to the wrong roles.

Information Control Company2017-02-12

Information Control Company Response

February 27, 2017Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate the feedback. We recognize that it is impossible to make a 100% perfect match between every employee and their project assignment. Certainly, based on client and consultant feedback, we feel the right match is made the vast majority of the time. However I do take your comment seriously and will share with our delivery teams, so we continue to look for ways to improve and put people in the best possible situation to succeed. Regards, Rick Ritzler Chief Talent Officer

4. "Senior Infrastructure Architect"

I worked at Information Control Company

Pros

Reasonably easy to work with

Cons

Consultants assigned to longer term engagements tend to be forgotten

Information Control Company2017-01-18

"Do Not Relocate with a family"

Former Employee - UI Tech Lead in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid while in between assignments; Reimbursements for books and other continued education; Would be great if relocating without a family.

Cons

I was recruited from out of state and arrived with my family on the 2nd of the month. My start date was the 3rd. I arrived with my wife and four children which we were staying in an extended stay at first. During orientation it is explained clearly that if we need to get anything done to take care of it while you are on bench (in between consulting positions). I did just that. We had to find a home to rent, get all... of our utilities, cable, internet, kids registered in new schools (which couldnt be done until we found our place), get new furniture, transfer vehicle registration, transfer drivers license, find new doctors for the entire family and even have to drive 4 hours twice just to go to Cincinnati to deposit check into the only Bank of America ATM in Ohio. This process had taken some time since I am a family of 6. I was given 3 days of PTO time on start and had accrued another 12 hours during my employment. I had to take all of my PTO and then some in order to get settled in. To move a whole family and get settled it takes some time. It is obvious that there is not that much experience relocating whole families and my associate advocate was not very understanding of this. Taking my PTO during time on bench is exactly what I was told to do so it does not interfere with time onsite with clients. Yet I was terminated note even a month in due to missing days. This was absolutely outrageous since I moved and the very next day started working there. I was given no lead way with getting moved into the house we rented, and taking care of everything else I had mentioned above. I had completed all I needed to and was ready to start at my first client when on my last week ICC had an error in payroll and had to issue another paper check. I bank with Bank of America and was expecting direct deposit. Since ICC had a company error not only with me but everyone else that started my date, direct deposit did not work and I again had to drive down to Cincinnati which is a 4 hour drive round trip. I am called while I had to take the time to deposit the check saying I am terminated because they have been flexible enough with my time out. I did not violate any rules and actually followed protocol by taking time off during bench time to relocate my whole family. I missed a total of 5 days during my employment. Not all at once but spread out. The fifth day was due to the company error in payroll. I had the PTO to use. So in the real world my termination was uncalled for. Now I had rented out my home back where I moved from, rented a home here, purchased all new furniture and got my kids into school here only to be unfairly terminated.

Advice to Management

If you relocate a family from out of state expect that it would take longer than a single individual. The relocated family has to do things like find a home, get kids in school, get utilities and typical moving things done. If they use PTO to get all this stuff done this should not be a grounds to terminate. This is not stuff that can be done overnight. It takes time, especially if the employee arrived in Ohio the... day before they started due to having to wait for all the checks and screening to come back for the greenlight to make the move.

Information Control Company2017-01-31
  6. "Project Manager"

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time

Pros

Really great people. You get to work with top notch technical resources. They really invest in their employees training and are serious about employees staying current in technology. I like that they do lunch & learns and host a lot of technology events. They also do special things like acknowledging employee's birthday.

Cons

Typical growing pains when an organization switches directions, need to make sure that the organization direction (being more project focus vs. staffing) is inline with your sales team and employees.

Advice to Management

Align Executive Leaders goals with sales and middle management. Stay a privately own organization. You have control to manage the growth. Branch out to other markets outside of OH.

Information Control Company2016-11-29
  7. "Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ICC Treats Their consultants well

Cons

Need to share more info with associates

Information Control Company2016-11-08
  8. "It have learn so much and the company has done a fantastic job providing for me and my family."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

So many opportunities to learn new things. Have a staff dedicated to maintaining strong relationships with their employees.

Cons

When at a remote client location it is hard to benefit from all of the offerings at the main office as there are many lunch meetings.

Advice to Management

Please continue to focus on your employees as you grow.

Information Control Company2016-10-28

"Nice work environment"

Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, nice working evnironment

Cons

Unless you work in the HQ, there is limited training available

Information Control Company2016-10-14
  10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ICC is the best place for people who recently immigrate to U.S. I have learned a lot in this company how to work in U.S.

Cons

No cons yet in my mind

Advice to Management

Manage more out-source projects

Information Control Company2016-09-18