Information Control Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Information Control Company Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2019

3.3
Information Control Company CEO Steven Glaser (no image)
Steven Glaser

"Not trust worthy"

Senior Java Developer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company for more than a year

Pros

While I was joining ICC, the recruiter was very nice, meet and greet with energy - people were cheerful and did my visa transfer at a super fast speed. You get lot of technical sessions/talk and indeed that brings lot of inspiration to go an extra mile.

Cons

Not sure what to say but why people don't say when there is any problem (if it exists) with any of the consultant, why to wait for the last hour and not giving chance to better/redo the things. In my case, the advocate consultant informed me that I will get a new assignment after completing the current one but they ditched me and removed me out of the job - what a way to treat your employers and result of having... trust. Till last meeting I was under the impression that I am in good hands and did extra work for them but they didn't care and in fact they are not ready to give my personal project which was there in my laptop.

Advice to Management

Keep your employers/consultant informed what you think about them. Communication is the key and I would like to have an advocate for the consultant not just a mouthpiece of the upper management.

Information Control Company2016-08-10
  2. "Java Consultant"

in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company

Pros

Good place to work. They have great Senior Architects. Good place to learn for junior developer and there are very positive when you are on the bench but they have a lot of clients so less chance to on bench.

Cons

Don't expect to much salary, benefits and bonuses. Restricted to Columbus Ohio only. No communication between consultant and management, there are advocates but they don't help much.

Advice to Management

have more communication with Consultants and review process should be clear and should be done by more senior technical people

Information Control Company2016-07-20
  3. "Great culture, care about their consultants"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relatively new to ICC, but so far can tell they care about their associates. Many opportunities to learn new skills; team atmosphere; well run company. Many ways to stay connected to the organization, even when on assignment out of the office.

Cons

Would like more opportunities from high-level project work; travel.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and adding new projects.

Information Control Company2016-06-30

"First Job"

Senior Web Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company

Pros

ICC has a pretty good program for getting people fresh out of college into the working world. This is my first job and has treated me pretty well, especially given some of the fantastic coworkers I've had the pleasure of learning from and working alongside. Salary is decent for what it is and raises come easier if you put the effort into self improvement with side projects, learning new skills or sharpening existing... ones, and (obviously) promoting ICC.

Cons

Like most consulting businesses, they're in it for the money. There's virtually no developer culture within the company, they do some sketchy business with foreign employees moving to the states, and if you're not vocal and well connected to a higher up you can easily end up getting stuck somewhere you don't like for long periods of time. Any corporate events are stiff and really only meant for the few employees... that are stationed permanently at ICC HQ (internal staff, HR, etc.)

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your developers. They're the ones that make the money for the business, they should be treated like people not numbers.

Information Control Company2016-03-31
  5. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Creating an environment where you can grow personally and professionally. - Office is fun, casual, and workplace events are frequent. - Management and owners are attentive and listen to suggestions and/or concerns. - Being a consultant means you get a lot of hands on experience with tons of companies, projects, and people.

Cons

The opportunity is only as good as you make it Pay starts out low and you have to wait a long time for increments.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

Information Control Company2016-03-22

"Body Shop Culture"

Former Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

* You get paid and you should be happy * If you work as a manager at headquarters, you're all set * If you need sponsorship, they'll do it for you * If you have good soft skills and can compliment your managers, you'll get everything

Cons

* Company has potential, but it lacks a leadership who can direct it towards a real IT-Services company * You'll be treated as a "resource" and would never feel you are part of the company, no matter how hard/smart you work * Lots of lies and lack of actions when it comes to consultants reviews/training * There's no way to communicate your client managers/recruiters performance of higher management

Advice to Management

You can't change a bad culture by doing sand thing again and again! You need different leaders and directors to pull company to right direction. You need to downsize middle management layer and remove some people from headquarter department.

Information Control Company2016-03-30
  7. "Great company to start with"

I have been working at Information Control Company

Pros

- Nice environment -Opportunity for advancement

Cons

- very hard to practice standards and quality - Give more priority to particular community people - No technical goal, only business goal is focused

Advice to Management

- Review performance frequently - Focus on technical goals among developers to maintain software quality and standards

Information Control Company2015-11-14
  8. "great place to start your career"

I have been working at Information Control Company

Pros

Lot's of opportunity for those who are self starters. Consultants have the opportunity to get exposure to many tools & technologies.

Cons

Lack of direction in terms of long term career growth Consultants aren't always treated as assets

Advice to Management

Distance yourself from staffing if you want to be treated by clients as a strategic partner (Opportunity for a possible Business Unit division -- staffing & project work)

Information Control Company2015-11-09
  9. "Nice place to settle or start"

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time

Pros

For a first job there is a great bootcamp to get acclimated, constant availability for training and growth opportunities, very personable, they care about employees.

Cons

There is a lack of connectivity once leaving the headquarters to go client side. Training opportunities are available mostly at headquarters, little Skype interaction available, so it can be difficult to attend when off-site.

Advice to Management

Communication is growing, but for those at client sites that are far away there is a disconnect from the company still.

Information Control Company2015-11-04
  10. "Entry Level"

Business Intelligence Consultant

I worked at Information Control Company

Pros

Seniors encourage you to ask them for help/training

Cons

Company seems unorganized at times

Information Control Company2015-10-21