Information Control Company "icc" Reviews | Glassdoor

Information Control Company Employee Reviews about "icc"

Updated Aug 27, 2019

Found 87 reviews

3.3
Information Control Company CEO Steven Glaser (no image)
Steven Glaser
Pros
  • "The work culture here at ICC is very friendly and co-operating(in 16 reviews)

• "Have a good client base in Ohio(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is just like any other body shop except they do bid on the projects now and then(in 5 reviews)

• "It is a consulting company that has a primary responsibility to provide a service to its clients(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "icc"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Not a company to have good relationship"

Current Employee - Java Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are opportunities to grow with ICC but it is very limited. If you are a software engineer then you have to be very lucky to get a good client (with good tech stack). If not, you will not have any career growth. Few people (Associate Advocate, Recruiters, and some engineers) are good and understanding. After a couple of years, PTO is good. Culture is good just because of its employees.

Cons

ICC only cares about revenue. They pay you less than 50% of the money that they bill to the client. ICC thinks that its employees are nothing but a money-making machine.

Advice to Management

Make your policies better and pay your employees at a industry standard. Also, treat your employees like they are a family. Update your benefits too. Also, clarify on the bench policy while people are hired. Especially the ones who have visa dependency.

Information Control Company2019-06-05
  2. "Work Culture"

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time

Pros

The work culture here at ICC is very friendly and co-operating. You get to learn a lot of things if you really want to and if the opportunity arises.

Cons

It is a comparatively small company and also local to Columbus and I fell they should expand their field of work

Information Control Company2018-08-23
  3. "Still a consulting company, but recent improvements make it better than most"

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Free snacks and beverages at the office * Send a welcome gift basket * Send a cookies for your birthday every year * In 2015, introduced a staff member to handle any concerns, career management assistance, etc cross-client rather than having you work with various account managers as you move from account to account * Account managers are very engaged, making regular (in my case, weekly) on-site visits * They... tend to take the long view when dealing with clients, trying to build a long-lasting relationship rather than focusing on how they can make a quick buck now. * Hack night every month, with beer, pizza, boardgames, and presentations/labs on technologies of interest. * Several SIGs within the company to continue learning (big data, PM, leadership, ToastMasters, certification programs, etc). * Annual company holiday party. * Annual company trip (Columbus Zoo, CedarPoint, etc) * Pays for membership in approved professional organizations * Has a tuition reimbursement program * Decent insurance * Have health related resources like Healthy Weigh Challenge, yoga classes, massages in office, etc * Mileage reimbursement for clients more than 25 miles from ICC office.

Cons

* 401k matching vested on schedule (<2 years 0%, >=2 years 25%, >=3 years 50%, >=4 years 75%, >=5 years 100%). 5 years is a long time to stay in one place in consulting. * Unused PTO paid out on scale (<1 year 0%, >=1 year 20%, >=2 years 40%, >=3 years 60%, >=4 years 80%, >=5 years 100%). 5 years is a long time to stay in one place in consulting. * It's a consulting company. While they care about their... associates more than many shops in town, moving you off a project you're unhappy with might not happen right away. They're likely to tolerate somewhat pushy client requests in the interests of keeping the client happy. * 8 company holidays, but follows holiday schedule of client. This can be pretty awesome if client is a bank, or kinda crumby if the client is retail.

Advice to Management

Changes to improve culture and associate success are working, keep growing the engagement. Work a little more on the give and take with clients. It's a partnership, we shouldn't just be a "yes-man". Associate Advocates have too many resources to properly manage, hire more.

Information Control Company2017-05-21
  4. "ICC is one of the best companies in OH."

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time

Pros

ICC is a great company in Columbus , OH. It helps to find the cleints according to your skill set and supports your career goals

Cons

It would have been better if they had more clients

Information Control Company2017-05-08
  5. "Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ICC Treats Their consultants well

Cons

Need to share more info with associates

Information Control Company2016-11-08
  6. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

Pros

ICC is the best place for people who recently immigrate to U.S. I have learned a lot in this company how to work in U.S.

Cons

No cons yet in my mind

Advice to Management

Manage more out-source projects

Information Control Company2016-09-18

"Not trust worthy"

Senior Java Developer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Information Control Company for more than a year

Pros

While I was joining ICC, the recruiter was very nice, meet and greet with energy - people were cheerful and did my visa transfer at a super fast speed. You get lot of technical sessions/talk and indeed that brings lot of inspiration to go an extra mile.

Cons

Not sure what to say but why people don't say when there is any problem (if it exists) with any of the consultant, why to wait for the last hour and not giving chance to better/redo the things. In my case, the advocate consultant informed me that I will get a new assignment after completing the current one but they ditched me and removed me out of the job - what a way to treat your employers and result of having... trust. Till last meeting I was under the impression that I am in good hands and did extra work for them but they didn't care and in fact they are not ready to give my personal project which was there in my laptop.

Advice to Management

Keep your employers/consultant informed what you think about them. Communication is the key and I would like to have an advocate for the consultant not just a mouthpiece of the upper management.

Information Control Company2016-08-10
  8. "Great culture, care about their consultants"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relatively new to ICC, but so far can tell they care about their associates. Many opportunities to learn new skills; team atmosphere; well run company. Many ways to stay connected to the organization, even when on assignment out of the office.

Cons

Would like more opportunities from high-level project work; travel.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and adding new projects.

Information Control Company2016-06-30

"First Job"

Senior Web Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Information Control Company

Pros

ICC has a pretty good program for getting people fresh out of college into the working world. This is my first job and has treated me pretty well, especially given some of the fantastic coworkers I've had the pleasure of learning from and working alongside. Salary is decent for what it is and raises come easier if you put the effort into self improvement with side projects, learning new skills or sharpening existing... ones, and (obviously) promoting ICC.

Cons

Like most consulting businesses, they're in it for the money. There's virtually no developer culture within the company, they do some sketchy business with foreign employees moving to the states, and if you're not vocal and well connected to a higher up you can easily end up getting stuck somewhere you don't like for long periods of time. Any corporate events are stiff and really only meant for the few employees... that are stationed permanently at ICC HQ (internal staff, HR, etc.)

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your developers. They're the ones that make the money for the business, they should be treated like people not numbers.

Information Control Company2016-03-31

"Lost"

I worked at Information Control Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For most employees, there's no requirement to travel. Most clients are in Columbus or allow consultants to work from ICC offices.

Cons

Ownership and leadership team are completely lost as to what it takes to create a positive culture that encourages employees to be innovative and engaged in the company's future. It's clear the primary purpose of the business is to put large amounts of money in the owners' pockets. Every decision reflects that purpose. Leadership team lacks integrity and appears to be OK with everyone knowing and understanding that... is the way they operate.

Advice to Management

Clean house of the legacy leadership team and try to define a purpose for why the company exists.

Information Control Company2015-11-17