Information Technology Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior Engineer"

I have been working at Information Technology Partners full-time

Pros

Great company vision, Great product, innovative environment and a devotion to succeed. Engineering team is like a family :)

Cons

Distributed staffing model is harder to train and share information quickly throughout organization.

Advice to Management

Continue pushing forward, you'd doing a great job moving the company forward. I feel there are big things ahead for ITP as the company grows and develops.

2. "Very disorganized and poorly run company. Stay AWAY"

Pros

You can get some good experience if you are willing if you do literally anything asked of you and give up all dignity. It's only worth it if your desperate.

Cons

I cannot believe they are still in business the CEO is honestly crazy. I suspect he is a pathological liar. This was the weirdest work environment I have ever been in by far. Flying by the seat of their pants. Lots of plate spinning and tail chasing. The CEO cannot seriously think he is the next Steve jobs he barely has a product ! The only reason people stay is because they are either stuck, are personally connected to upper management or both. No sane person would want this as a career goal. What the other person wrote about expenses is true too - they make people pay for their own travel and then nickel and dime the reimbursement which can take months. Often people wring up huge credit card bills to pay for company equipment because the company can't manage its funds and always runs out of credit at the beginning of the month. Troubling. Basically all the bad reviews are true. The CEO makes people write the good ones.

Advice to Management

Sell it

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer II

I worked at Information Technology Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are lucky and can work at a remote site that has no Chicago ITP management involvement, it will be the only way you will ever have a chance to enjoy your work.

I had a manager at the end that really did try to help me do my best, she earned my respect. But her hands were tied due to management restrictions above her. She was an amazing manager, but upper management made her ineffective. Companies need more people like her, and need to let people like her do their job effectively.

Met a lot of brilliant tech people there. We all found common ground in our disdain for management in Chicago.

If you manage to become part of the corporate elite out of the gates, prepare to be the CEO's puppet. But I think the pay is really good for that.

Cons

Micromanaging CEO that only delegates to his chosen elite for real project work. If you do get project work, you will be micromanaged by the chosen elite. Your creative contributions will be typically cast aside to whatever the CEO wants instead.

ITP was kicked out of the site I worked at, and contract was voided. With so much management overhead, and no one to approve needed resources, it was a futile endeavor to be successful. When ITP upper management was not involved it went amazingly well, and we were praised by the clients staff

Never plan on a raise, they make excuses about the companies poor performance every year, except for the chosen elite, they typically get taken care of. You can get a raise if you threaten to quit, and they have no one to back fill your job. But they are constantly trying to keep people up to speed on your work so that they can replace you if needed. Plan on feeling like a number.

Expect a performance review. It gives them a chance to critique you, but not have to give you a salary adjustment. That's called a compensation review, and no, that never seems to come up.

ITP functions mostly in reactionary mode, responding to fires, rather than making progress and planning proactively. Fires are how they make their extra money off their clients.

They have a lot of project managers. And now that I have worked with a project management office, I see that they never really functioned as project managers. They are ITP PR people for the clients. Many of them have no shame in calling you any time of the day or week to let you know that work is all that should matter to you. A few were very nice, and understood that they were functioning in an ass-backward way. The few good PM's found new jobs quite fast and left the company. That leaves you with the arrogant self important ones. Good luck with those.

They will call you to work when you are sick. They will call you when you're home with sick kids. They will call you when you are on vacation. They will call you when it's your kids birthday. They will still ask you to work. You will be addressed by the chosen elite if you don't comply.

Advice to Management

Remove CEO from day to day operations and cronyism with the clients
    Get rid of half of the project managers, and hire actual tech staff with all that reclaimed money so you can deliver something tangible to the clients

4. "Stint"

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Racine, WI
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Racine, WI

I worked at Information Technology Partners (Less than a year)

Pros

Great client and new projects. Always busy.

Cons

Position eliminated do to no fault of my own. UGH

"Solid Organization"

I have been working at Information Technology Partners full-time

Pros

I honestly have no complaints. Good job with a lot of opportunities for growth and plenty of opportunities to learn new skill sets.

Cons

There are none that I can think of. My personal perspective is that you get out of this what you put into it.

Advice to Management

- None. I only really interact with my direct manager, and it's been a positive experience.

"Stay as far away as possible"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Battle Creek, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Battle Creek, MI

I worked at Information Technology Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay, but you pay for it by having no work/life balance.

Cons

I honestly do not know where to start. The pay here is above average, but there is a reason for that. You are expected to work 70+ hours per week including weekends, travel constantly, and communication is horrible to the point where other managers will not know what is going on from day to day. Saying it is hectic is not even a start. There was a mass-exodus at the same time that I left and they continue to lose great talent because they will not hire additional resources. They just spread the work out to the remaining engineers, and continue to hire project managers, and coordinators. I am not sure of the logic behind this except that they think if the remaining engineers have more managers breathing down their neck they will do more.

Before I left I was traveling non-stop, internationally, locally, etc. My family life suffered, my children began to resent me, and I was near divorce. It was so bad that I would get up in the morning at times and literally vomit from the anxiety. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety just before I left, and had high blood pressure. Let me state that I am no under performer, and am not afraid of hard work, but the expectations set forth by this company are absolutely unrealistic. I informed them of my issues at home, with my health, and that I needed to address both but they simply did not care.

Vacations are only approved for certain people, and if you are not in that group of "elites" then you have very little chance of getting a vacation at all. I was forced to cancel mine multiple times, and missed may milestones in my children's lives. The only way I ever got time off was to use my personal and sick days since vacation days were never approved.

Since leaving I have never been happier and my Wife as well as children are thrilled with the new me, and the fact that I am home every night rather than being shipped off to Moscow or somewhere else.

Simply put, stay as far away from this company as possible.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who can actually run a company. Learn that people are not built to work 70+ hours per week, THEY WILL BURN OUT AND CRASH.

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Information Technology Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Typically able to work with technology at partner sites that is newest and latest of its kind.

Cons

Management keeps too many secrets and doesn't share information very easily. They authorize travel, but then nickle and dime you on reimbursement and take up to 90+ days for it. Current employees are unhappy with nearly every aspect of their jobs and consistently looking to leave.

Advice to Management

Develop benefits based around employee growth and satisfaction; not lining your pockets.

Information Technology Partners Response

Aug 1, 2016 – HR Manager

Employees who input their expenses by the end of the month are paid on the 15th of the next month. There is no 90 day wait. Voluntary turnover is half the rate of the IT industry so obviously they... More

"Weigh you options carefully"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Burbank, CA

I worked at Information Technology Partners (Less than a year)

Pros

Office location was good. Atmosphere was good. Compensation was average. Seems like a company that could really blossom, but probably won't.

Cons

Management failed to provide work assignments. Access to information is very limited and almost secretive. Constantly told to be patient and that information would begin to flow. This never happened.

Advice to Management

Give people a chance to succeed before you send them packing. Don't tell someone to be patient only to eliminate the position a week later. When an employee needs access to information and systems it should be provided. Allow employees to engage others for needed information.

"Strong Solid Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Information Technology Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As an employee who has been with this organization for more than 10 years, I take exception to the derogatory and inflammatory review posted on Dec 3rd. This company, like all others, will not always be a good fit for every candidate, which apparently was the case here. This company offers each individual the opportunity to shine and advance through strong work ethics, positive customer service interactions, diverse technical skills and the desire to become part of a cohesive team. Excellent service delivery is key to our success and the success of those we serve. We are passionate about that core value and I don't see that as a negative. The CEO's strategic management and vision have allowed each of us to participate in our growth, to be active in team development and to feel pride in the work we do every day. Our days are fast paced, multifaceted, customer facing and technology based. Whether you are serving as the first line of support, part of the project management teams, designing system architecture or deploying client devices, you can create your own destiny. I believe ITP employees are among the very best in the industry with very high standards. Every once in a while someone joins who doesn't have that commitment to excellence and we part ways - that's just business. The last review was an attack that misrepresents who we are. I felt compelled to respond because I am proud of the work we do and the company we are.

Cons

Given the geographic locations throughout the country, we don't meet each other (in person) as much as we used to - the nature of growth and expansion.

Advice to Management

Continue moving us in forward progression - it is appreciated.

"Don't work here"

Pros

Good salary and nice coworkers

Cons

Submitted a prior 5 star review below, as it was "encouraged", and reviewed, by superiors. Company "operations" are chaotic to say the least. CEO is unable to concede control to senior management, resulting in atrocious delays in getting anything approved and completed. Promises to clients are made but almost never kept. The exodus that began when I left is likely irreversible.

Advice to Management

CEO: Stop micromanaging. Give your senior managers the tools and authority they need to act independently. This behavior will otherwise inevitably kill your company.