KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Informed K12 Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2021

Found 9 of over 9 reviews

4.8

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Exciting company where anyone would love to spend their days!

Aug 25, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is incredibly supportive as is are all the teams. Culture bleeds support/respect for each other and all human kind. Hard work is expected and rewarded. Making a difference matters here.

Cons

The only con is the challenge of growing brand recognition in parts of the US during a pandemic.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Collaborative, Supportive Environment

Mar 10, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- They take D&I extremely seriously, but not in a nit-picky way. They want to make sure everyone can show up at work as they are, and when something is bothering you they take it seriously. - The team is highly collaborative and supportive. It's easy to get help from teammates, even if that's just to talk something through. - There is flexibility to pursue your passions and introduce new ideas. You can bring up any kind of change you want: introducing new libraries/technologies, refactoring, feature development, process improvements, etc. It's easy to get buy-in and prioritize the work. - The work/life balance is great, especially during COVID. You are encouraged to take the time you need to be refreshed. - The code reviews are great. You can get good feedback. - Junior-level engineers can quickly level-up their careers, and senior-level engineers can have a lot of influence on the direction of the team right out the gate. - The codebase is one of the cleanest I've seen around. Test coverage is amazing, we have a component library, there are linters, and it's pretty easy to figure out how new code fits in with existing code. - People tend to work there for a long time (more than 4 years for engineering). - Offers 401(k), paid insurance (medical, vision, dental), 50% infertility coverage, FSA, commuter benefit

Cons

- Small team, so there can seem like a lot of moving pieces all at once. But engineering has a say in the prioritization of things, so it's not too bad. - It can be hard to figure out how to move from mid-level to senior-level because there aren't a lot of examples on such a small team and in such a small app.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Team and Company

Jan 6, 2020 - Customer Care Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company invests in employees development Consistent follow through on diversity Strong mission driven teammates Smartest people I’ve ever worked with High accountability and team support Customers genuinely love the product

Cons

The nature of Ed tech is longer sales cycles but the upside is lower churn. I don’t think Informedk12 would be a good fit for a candidate that’s looking to cruise.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to learn and grow!

Feb 26, 2019 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely loved my time at IK12. I think this has a lot to do with the kind of engineering team we had. I'd describe it as: * Collaborative - we all got to be involved in architectural decisions / planning meetings (now one of my favorite things) * Supportive - someone was always ready to pair or answer questions, if needed * Entrusting - each of us got to be project leads, and I would say that our CTO did a great job making sure we each led the ones we were most interested in * User-oriented - we were involved in user research and got to meet some of our customers (who are generally delightful, and really fun to build new features for!) * Quality-focused - we spent time on refactors and had great test coverage, which made the code a lot nicer to work in Also, as far as the company goes, I really appreciated that we had two women cofounders, and that they were so dedicated to D&I. We often evaluated our interview process (among other things) to make it as equitable as possible. We also participated in Code2040, which I thought was cool. It's also just a really fun place to work. I have some great memories of our retreats, karaoke, and (themed) holiday parties. I had a really great experience here, would definitely recommend it to others :)

Cons

Can't really think of any glaring cons.. the reason I left was just that I had been there a few years and wanted to check out a new industry / learn some new technologies. I tend to move around every few years - it wasn't a reflection of the company at all.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome, fast paced environment to learn and grow quickly.

Feb 21, 2019 - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My time at Informed K12 has been a crash-course in the start-up world. Things move quickly and change often, but that's been the most exciting part about working here. I can go back to where we were just last year and the team and company have grown in so many ways. It's exciting to play a major role in actually building out a company. I was afraid of coming into tech because of some of the stereotypes (many true) that surround it, but Informed K12 has proved those stereotypes wrong to me. The office is open, so people are pretty collaborative, especially since so much of our work can be cross-functional. This team is by far the smartest and most talented team I've had the chance to work with. Everyone has different backgrounds, but I really believe everyone cares about our mission and the impact we're making in the K-12 space. There's also a pretty big focus on D&I, which I found refreshing. A lot of bigger companies pay lip service to it, but I feel like our team does a good job of incorporating it into our values. In my time here, we've had at least one company-wide D&I meeting with topics ranging from increasing the diversity of our applicant pipeline to ways we can be more conscious about creating an inclusive environment. Overall, I've had an awesome time working here and I hope to keep pushing our mission forward with this team. If I had to use one word to describe the culture here, it'd be genuine. I think people are genuine about wanting to make an impact in the underserved K-12 space, genuine about building a different type of tech company, and genuine about caring about your growth and development. I've grown so much, both professionally and personally, by taking on such challenging and fulfilling work and I'm excited by where our team is headed.

Cons

Maybe a con to some, but things move really quickly and things change. It is a startup and that's the lay of the land, so if you're someone who can't adapt quickly, you might find adjusting to this type of environment a bit challenging.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 27, 2019 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great technology with clear product-market fit - really inspiring to hear how customers are positively impacted by the company's work -Really smart and hard-working colleagues -Lots of focus on individuals taking ownership over their roles and helping the company drive new market strategy and insights -Leadership cares personally for each employees and their happiness at work -Meaningful focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment, starting from recruitment pipeline all the way up to two female founders

Cons

-Not necessarily a con for many people, but note that it's a startup, so goals and priorities can change quarter to quarter. You have to be ready to be flexible and move in new directions consistently.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work, learn, and grow!

Dec 28, 2018 - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great learning environment, everyone on the team encourages and supports growth and expanding your skillset and that of the team. As product expanded scope and usage, get to learn a lot about scaling to wider range of users. - Work on *real* problems and solve *real* pain points for *real* people. The work you do every day makes a huge difference in the lives of those that are improving educational outcomes for thousands of students - Fun work atmosphere and culture that allows you to grow professionally without feeling too "corporate" or "stuffy" – leadership is always accessible and available if you need to speak about any issue - Tight knit and small community feel, while building a real revenue company. Really fun group of co-workers and tons of social / fun activities that helped team bond and get through the ups/downs of startup life.

Cons

- Sales cycle takes a bit longer in this space, so the company grows at a slightly slower pace than some other Bay Area startups (but at a sustainable pace).

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing place to work!

Sep 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best team, best product, best location!

Cons

None, this place is amazing!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

SDR

Jun 15, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Surrounded by intelligent minds and not much micro managing.

Cons

Small company, always changing, very chaotic, steep learning curve

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews