Informz Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Joe Tyler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company To Work For, Plenty of Advancement Opportunity"

I have been working at Informz full-time

Pros

- Being an effective employee will result in advancement.
    - On-the-job learning and coaching is encouraged in every department
    - Lots of opportunity to learn skills related to web technologies
    - Pizza on Fridays, Bagels for Breakfast on Mondays
    - There is a lot of freedom in how you can have an impact on the company - ideas are always welcome, and taking action in practical ways on an individual basis is always encouraged (thinking/acting outside the box)

Cons

The direction of some projects are sometimes unclear, so to be effective you may need to take some risks and make some decisions to push projects forward. While this is never met with hostility from managers and team leads, this can create a certain level of stress for the individual who is concerned with doing great work.

Advice to Management

Continue to do a great job of keeping an eye out for leaders among employees. Strong team leads can yield better results and collaboration within those teams and across the company. Those who face the con listed above with a fearless/can-do attitude may be good candidates for team leads, which in turn can help resolve that issue in a big way.

2. "Great people and great culture"

Former Employee - Worker in Saratoga, WY
    Former Employee - Worker in Saratoga, WY

I worked at Informz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment. Chance to get involved with all aspects of a small/med business. Good benefits.

Cons

Out dated products which require lots of time to learn, train, support, maintain, fix, and very little reward.

Advice to Management

Sunset products which are not part of the corp strat and core goals.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Informz full-time

Pros

Fantastic company culture, really collaborative work environment. C-Level people are brilliant.

Cons

Pay ranges for certain positions are minimal, certain growing pains from becoming a medium-sized company instead of a tiny startup

Advice to Management

You can't act like a tiny startup any more- keep taking steps in the right direction

"Love working at Informz"

I have been working at Informz full-time

Pros

I feel extremely lucky to work at a place where employee satisfaction is such a priority. I feel like my manager truly cares about my career development. Everyone who works here takes pride in the work they're doing. My teammates are hardworking, creative, and smart. Management has put a lot of work into developing a positive culture, and it shows.

Cons

There is a lot of change. It doesn't bother me, but if it's something you're not used to, you might not like this environment.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Informz full-time

Pros

The company culture is amazing. Employee satisfaction is clearly a priority. No matter your position within the company the CEO and COO meet with you to hear your ideas and suggestions. It is encouraging to work at a company that is willing to hear feedback and is constantly working to improve. I have never worked at a company that has such a positive atmosphere combined with smart, hard working teammates.

Cons

Bagel Monday and Pizza Friday are making me put on some lbs!

Advice to Management

If flexibility is increased I may never want to leave!

"I call shenanigans"

Pros

The team that works on projects for NBC is talented and given a great deal of autonomy. Working for that part of Informz is a great gig. They are almost entirely separate from the team that works on the Informz application.

Cons

There is a recent piece in the Albany business journal that includes the perspective of Informz management: search for "Informz business journal roundtable" and you should find it, dated 6/10/2016.

To paraphrase one of the most telling responses, "the way you ensure frank communication is to identify the people who are giving you a lot of feedback and... fire them."

Does that sound like a fun culture?

Advice to Management

Please stop trying to game the Glassdoor system by making up glowing reviews. People are smart enough to notice a bunch of similarly worded gushingly positive reviews.

Informz Response

Aug 6, 2016 – CEO

At Informz we pride ourselves on the open communication that is part of our fun and team-based culture. We feel the best way to ensure client success is to start by having an environment where team... More

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - EMarketing Advisor in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Current Employee - EMarketing Advisor in Saratoga Springs, NY

Pros

Informz is a fantastic place to work. From your first day there are processes in place to make sure that you have all the tools you need to be successful, and once you have those tools everyone is very supportive. It's a true team environment and you really get the sense that the managers care about you.

Cons

So far no downsides. I have no complaints

"I plan on retiring from Informz"

I have been working at Informz full-time

Pros

Very attentive to both employees and clients.
    Interested in producing a quality product.
    Management focused on running a solid all-around business rather than maximizing some metric (earnings, profits, etc.) to the exclusion of all else.

Cons

Informz is an integrated marketing solution specializing in non-profits, so you are helping to change the world. Organizations use the service for fund raising, public relations and education, and feedback gathering; three indispensable things in this industry, but you never see the people whose lives you touch. If you need a more direct feeling of moral satisfaction, you may want to look somewhere else.

"Hands-Down, The most talented team I have ever worked with."

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Informz (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is friendly and open, but also worthy of much respect for their vast array of knowledge and indomitable work ethic. When Informz says they make it a point to only hire the best in the business, they're not lying. My team and I challenge each other daily, and the tasks we face are that much more enjoyable knowing that we're working with a team who know exactly what they're doing. These are some of the most skilled coders I've ever met, and I'm proud and honored to be counted among their number.

Cons

I haven't had any complaints so far, and don't expect to have any in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Probably the best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Informz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. The work is both challenging and rewarding. Project managers are appreciative of a job well done. Daily work tends to draw on your entire skill set with lots of freedom in the way end-user requirements are met. My coworkers are talented, accomplished individuals, which helps to keep me on my toes.

The company makes a concerted effort to encourage teamwork and bring employees together as friends through regular social events, such as picnics, charitable causes, pizza Friday, and themed work days (see photos).

Cons

Occasional high-pressure calls, often on a Friday afternoon.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!