Infosys Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Infosys CEO and Managing Director Dr. Vishal Sikka
Dr. Vishal Sikka

Pros
Cons
  • Can do better on work-life balance (in 832 reviews)

• No work life balance in Infosys (in 238 reviews)

1. "average company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company
    good ethics
    very large company

Cons

too many layers
    Pay is not great

2. "Infosys"

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Relaxed work culture
    Few really good opportunities
    Developing in big data

Cons

Less opportunities
    Less compensations
    Slow growth in career and work
    Client oriented only
    Not employee friendly

Advice to Management

They are very client oriented and hence are not employee friendly
    Less growth in career

Infosys Response

Mar 29, 2017 – Marketing

We value your opinion and we thank you for taking the time to provide a response. In reading through your review, we would like to encourage you to speak with your local BPHR so we can understand ... More

3. "Worst management ever"

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Infosys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Was sent to Mysore, India for training
    2. Good benefits (401K, Medical, dental, vision, car rental)
    3. Initial training was good

Cons

1. Coworkers speaking in Hindi about everything, including work-related stuff. Don"t think about the non-Indian colleagues who do not understand the language
    2. Manager and HR does not care about your career goals
    3. Teammates from offshore (India) barely do work, thus leaving all responsibility to onshore
    4. There's barely any salary hike. You can be the best of the best, but that doesn't mean you'll get a nice salary hike.
    5. If you are having Infosys sponsor your H1b while you are on OPT, GOOD LUCK!
    6. Had offshore calls (meetings with teammates from India) 3 times a week at 10:30 pm, which would last more than an hour.
    7. If you are relocating from 1 state to another for a project, good luck with claims. Claims will require you to submit more and more documents, thus making it more difficult to get your money back
    8. iConnect is terrible and laggy. This is their portal for email checking, claims, logging work hours, etc... Sometimes, half of these webpages dont even work when you need them to
    9. They require you to raise an AHD (basically an online query) for EVERY issue (ex: not getting correct W2), and they take a long time to provide you a solution since they are mostly in India
    10. They tend to mess up important documents once in a while (had my 2016 W2 incorrect and it took them a month to correct it)
    11. If you can't find a project, you are placed on bench. If you can't find a project after certain time, you can get fired.
    12. You can be trained in. c#.net, java, etc... but you can be placed in a testing project rather than development where you were trained

Advice to Management

1. Fix your iConnect. It doesn't work 35% of the time. Create a new portal for people at onshore who do not have an Infosys laptop
    2. Implement a performance-based pay structure at onshore.
    3. Have managers and HR that actually care about the employees.
    4. Tell your employees (who are 95% Indian because this is an Indian company) to be considerate of non -Indian employees when speaking work-related things in Hindi or any language that's not English

4. "Godd helping co workers"

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers are always ready to help

Cons

some times internal politics is hard to ignore

"Systems Engineer, US training review"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As part of the US Batch, we were flown to India, and trained in either Java or C#. The training was decent enough, but very fast paced. In 10 weeks we covered:
    - Java
    - Hibernate
    - JUnit
    - HTML
    - CSS
    - JavaScript
    - Angular
    - Bootstrap
    - Jenkins
    - Maven

During this time you have multiple projects, assignments, and exercises to complete.

PROS:

Free trip to India (Mysore)
    Reimbursement for food and expenses while overseas
    Good online learning portal
    Integration with web-apps for every possible scenario
    24/7 helpdesk

Cons

Here is where it gets tricky. The company has little value for you as an employee, and even less it seems for the overseas batches. It can take days / weeks to get issues sorted out. I myself, waited for weeks to be reimbursed for minor expenses, such as cab rides and such.

Here is the listing:

Relocation:

You will be required to move when you are assigned a new project. These projects last between 6-12 months, and can be cancelled, or delayed as the company sees fit. Upon arriving back in the United States, I was put into buffer projects, where you have to report your daily duties, and you are expected to study for 8 hours each day.

Moving expenses, such as trucks, flights, and lease cancellations are available, but only as reimbursement, not as a front-loaded expense. This can lead to the employee fronting upwards of $2500 on a move. I personally had to put up roughly $2000 for my move, and it took about four weeks to see it returned to me.

Lack of Communication:

Expect large delays between your emails and questions. We waited for weeks for information about our projects, allocations, and even our claims. Due to most of the company being located in India, you are facing a 10.5 hour time difference on the east coast, which leads to much miscommunication, and confusion.

The departments at Infosys do not speak to one another, and routinely request duplicate information. This is the norm, and something we expect.

Many emails are in broken English, and use a vernacular not familiar to many Americans. Be aware that although English is a primary language in India, it is not spoken as much of the US does.

Lack of Respect

You are not talked down to, but instead treated as expendable. This is due to the Infosys policy of hiring and training upwards of 5,000 employees a year. When I was told to relocate approx. 1,000 miles away from home, my salary was cut by roughly $5,000. This is due to their "Cost of Living Index", and is non negotiable. Be aware.

If you want to work for Infosys, overall you'll have a good experience, if you're fresh out of college, and looking for some learning. This is not a long-term place I think.

Advice to Management

Start treating your U.S. employees as actual workers, and not code-checkers and email monkeys. We need to be engaged in projects, not sat on a buffer bench while projects are cancelled left and right. This is why there is such a high rate of turnover.

Pay should not be variable depending on location. We accepted an offer letter, and yes, it was written on it that your pay would change, but with such a drastic decrease makes the employees not want to remain. It costs more to move and work than it would to stay put and work somewhere else at times.

Expand your support network to accommodate US employees, and have a support line for Travel, Claims, Immigration, and HR available locally.

Respect the employees work locations of choice, and stop randomly assigning people from West coast cities to the east, and vice versa. There are many qualified people SITTING on your bench to take these spots.

Allow your employees to perform roles other than testing.

6. "Hellhole"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job.
    I have to write a minimum of 20 words.
    The sad part is that they can't care less about this review.

Cons

The most unprofessional and toxic environment you could land your feet in and stay alive.
    This company exploits every single loophole in the immigration system and with that an army of desperate immigrants.
    A shameful place to work if you understand how they make their money. Really sad.

Advice to Management

Continue the noble tradition of the Raj (sarcasm --no, seriously, they wouldn't get it)

7. "Very poor culture and management."

Former Employee - Java Developer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

opportunity to learn. Nothing more than that!

Cons

Not diverse. Very bad attitude. Poor management. Worse experience ever.

Advice to Management

Bring more diversity and improve the culture.

8. "Good Company for new Graduates"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Infosys (More than a year)

Pros

Good company for new graduates.Lot of learning opportunity.Best Training Program

Cons

career growth is less,
    Less compensation

9. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company work structure is flexible and also allows for some telecommuting. The workers are approachable.

Cons

There is no clear path for upward movement within the company. Training is very hard to come by.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and allow them to flourish.

10. "Employees treated like factory machines. No rewards"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Infosys (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not much to say. You get family time.

Cons

No promotions low salary, company does not care about performers.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees. Initiate green card

Showing 74 of 21,165 reviews