Infosys Reviews in Plano, TX | Glassdoor

Infosys CEO and Managing Director Dr. Vishal Sikka
Dr. Vishal Sikka

1. "Technology Analyst"

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work culture, knowledge sharing is good

Cons

too much follow up, external connection to internal portal is very bad

2. "Sr. Principal"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Qualitative and diverse work. Very competitive and intense pressure.

Cons

Too crowded, old networks works best, new comers treated as contractors.

Advice to Management

Introspection, cherish your original ethos and value system, don't run after craver materialism.

3. "They Will Never Hire 10K Americans"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have many Fortune 500 clients and can work on some good projects. If client allows can work from home on Fridays.

Cons

No pay raises once on a project unless you advance pay grades
    No 401K match, Can only contribute 2K a year if highly comped Individual
    Benefits are better at the other Top six Indian Outsourcing Companies. No in class room training opportunities in USA unless client pay for it. Poor communication between corporate offshore upper management and onsite workers. Very hard to advance in the company unless you have worked in India.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible and take better care of your American employees, allow them opportunities to save for retirement.

"Run and dont look back"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in Plano, TX

Pros

It's a large company. You will still sail, even if you dont put in effort.

Cons

Except for a few really good old timers, this company sucks from top to bottom, right to left , inside out... unless if you count on your odds of being under the wings of those old timers ( they are mostly in India), you have no career, no growth, no learning, just a paycheck

Advice to Management

pull it together! your employee experience is horrible

6. "Excellent Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Infosys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Offers a variety of experiences with clients relationships in many industries; Great network within the company domestically as well as internationally; Very progressive leadership and CEO.

Cons

Poor systems; Sometimes is difficult to control your career trajectory especially at less senior levels

Advice to Management

Continue to explore ways to engage less senior consultants as well as educate them specifically how to possess greater control of their career trajectory and success within the firm

7. "Unstable"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Plano, TX
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Plano, TX

I worked at Infosys as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone that I met at the company is friendly and my manager was the type to go out of his way to help if something was needed.

Cons

**Please Read This Before Considering Employment Here**

This company is very unorganized. I turned down a promotion at my previous employer to take a chance for growth with Infosys.

During my interview for a position as a content management specialist I explicitly informed them that I did not have experience in a particular content management system that they were recruiting for but I listed my experiences in other areas. I asked would that be a problem, I asked this because I have a family and was not thrilled about gambling with my family's stability. The funny thing is that they expressed their concern that I would leave them high and dry if another opportunity presented itself.

I was hired as a contractor by Infosys and began training, during this training period I saw my manager a total of 1 time. NO training was ever given despite my team's repeated attempts at contacting leadership and pulling for information. after about a month of sitting in a training room with no guidance from management I was informed that my contract was being ended due to the lack of experience that I had in AEM, the content management system that I informed them that I had no experience in to begin with.

This company has little to no regard for its employees and the families of those employees. The communication breakdown makes you wonder how the company got as big as it is now.

I'm not saying that this is a bad place to work, honestly I wouldn't know. All I'm saying is that before you risk your future or your family's future here make sure that you have a solid backup plan for when crap hits the proverbial fan.

Unfortunately I didn't and am currently in the process of seeking employment.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to not toy with employees and potential employees futures. If you have requirements for hiring then base your hiring on those requirements. All of this could have been avoided with straightforwardness from management.

8. "Good for Sales People and Consultants"

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys full-time

Pros

Don't have to do a MBA if you want to grow as a Management consultant. Lots of training, courses, certifications. Infosys has tied up with many foreign universities. Good company for sales people, Business Analysts and consultants.

Cons

Not good for freshers who wants development projects and coding. Not many development projects.

Advice to Management

Please don't force employees to complete certifications in name of Promotions. Allow employees to choose projects.

"Terrible work/life balance. Good (promised) pay, but dishonest bonus practices"

Former Employee - Principal Software Architect in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Principal Software Architect in Plano, TX

I worked at Infosys (Less than a year)

Pros

Infosys is a company of 180,000 employees. It benefits from a deep bench of highly-skilled technical individuals who are excellent at their jobs. The diversity of backgrounds and experience of the people making software is admirable, and it was a pleasure to work with them.

The promised pay for U.S. citizens is high compared to the average.

Cons

In a company of over 180,000 employees, individuals are not supported. Internal processes are all accomplished through employee-facing web-based software, which is terribly buggy and often non-functional. All issues are sent into a triage queue, and addressed with no memory of past problems. Technical issues take on average months to resolve, mostly due to 'falling through the cracks.'

Personnel managers often have full-time jobs of their own, making it hard for them to devote time needed to resolve problems their direct reports are facing.

Because the company relies on web-based systems to resolve concerns, the staff on phone help lines are under-resourced, causing wait times on hold to go longer than 45 minutes. And even then, getting the needed support from the phone team is less than 50% likely.

For employees who travel, The process of getting plane tickets is a chore that requires getting permission manually from people on the other side of the planet (who may be on vacation), just to do one's job. Getting reimbursement often lags by months, requiring constant vigilance on the part of the traveling employee. Having faith that problems will work themselves out over time is not a recipe for success.

A significant percentage of pay comes from bonuses. But the decision to pay bonuses is completely subjective, and (contrary to expectations) can be rescinded for purely arbitrary reasons.

Traveling employees are expected to go where the work is, with little-to-no consideration for the location of the employee's home. While management claims that their *is* this consideration, bonus pay is tied to billable hours -- and unless the employee is willing to go where asked, then that bonus pay is in jeopardy.

Occasionally, consultants can be double-booked to multiple clients, and are expected to work for both clients, while pretending to be devoting all their resources to one.

Advice to Management

- Adequately staff call centers.
    - Give call center employees the power to solve employees' problems instead of passing them along to other departments.
    - Give managers of individual contributors the time to address the concerns of their direct reports.
    - Make internal-facing software that works.
    - Empower traveling employees to be repaid for their travel in a timely manner.
    - Trust your employees --do not assume they are dishonest by painstakingly auditing every single purchase associated with travel.

10. "Poor Salaries"

Current Employee - Technology Architect in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Technology Architect in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I could think of

Cons

- Poor salaries
    - Highly mis-managed projects.
    - No defined processes

"Not So Happy"

Current Employee - Technical Test Lead in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Test Lead in Plano, TX

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Its good for Beginners i.e, to start the carrier with,

Cons

But definitely not worth continuing as the Salary is peanuts and very less.
    Growth is very less

Advice to Management

Let people Grow

Showing 65 of 20,777 reviews