Infosys Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company to work with

Cons

I have noticed anything negative about this company so far

2. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very enriching experience. There is no restriction in learning and performing

Cons

Processes are complex and may be difficult to navigate

"No more a company for long time career"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive environment, quite a few opportunities if you can get past red tape, Location options, reasonable pay scale, number of resources to learn new platforms

Cons

No annual comp revisions at onsite, no ESOPs or any perks, limited scope to switch career streams, too much management overhead, work life imbalance and policies that favor only the company

Advice to Management

Revisit the assignment system model for comp reviews, role changes and expedite the approval process

4. "At your own risk !"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Infosys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No real Pros, but let's try :
    - Pay -- I was hired onsite, so a deviation from the norm (but they didn't adjust my pay when I moved from Dallas to California)
    - They are typically over staffed in offshore, so if you are a little smart, you can get a lot of your work done by pulling in people offshore who are on bench
    - Few years in Infosys mid-management really teaches you how to read people, how people will play you for their benefit, how you can't rely on people's commitments. You basically come out a "stronger" person to deal with any type of corporate politics.. it is like Game of Thrones on steroids, but less classy (think Lanisters coding in Java)
    - If you're a fresher or a level higher, or if your are in HR .. life is pretty chilled. Infosys Bangalore campus has 4 PM salsa classes everyday which is usually completely occupied by freshers and HR folks. Fun !
    - If you're not too passionate about your career and if you work in India, you can choose a department where there is usually nothing much to do (90% of departments) , and you can just come to work, chit-chat, sip coffee and dance salsa -- all the while drawing a salary. A lot freshers use this time to prepare for MBA entrance exams or GRE.

Cons

1. Not for ambitious people -- Because of the constricting environment, many smart and ambitious people leave very soon, or worse become stagnant in their careers.
    2. Forget meritocracy, you need to threaten your boss with your resignation to get a raise or promotion -- when I quit after 4 years with 1% salary raise in these 4 years combined (I had an "exceeds expectations" rating throughout) , my manager says "hey, we were planning a salary raise and promotion for you next cycle, so stay back". I have seen people resigning, get a raise/promotion, and withdraw their resignation. I have also seen people receiving the stellar ratings 5 year in a row, with no salary raise or promotion.
    3. No employee development opportunities -- if you're based Onsite, they won't even pay for taxi fare (like $40) to visit a test location to take Infosys' own certifications, they won't pay for educational material (books, magazines) forget about sponsoring conferences and workshops -- but they will claim to the clients that they have industry's best consultants.
    4. Highly bureaucratic -- processes are created for the "sake of process", not for the benefit of the client or the employees; and if you get stuck in one and recommend an improvement even politely, be prepared to face the wrath of the senior management of that team
    5. Bully culture -- Senior managements from other departments will frequently make you work for their teams saying "you don't know who I am and what I can do"
    6. Global Immigration team is unbelievably poor -- for a company which has the world's leading number of H1b applicants, they are an unbelievably inefficient bunch, and have processes that make absolutely not sense (they wrongly filed my visa application TWICE !)
    7. Super-deceitful environment -- the managers will take you for a spin, they'll promise you gold if you work hard and deliver but you won't even get dirt when you do all the work they ask. I have known people decline offers from tech giants when their manager promised them a promotion/raise/Green Card, only later back out of it (read pt. 1 again). Basically every manager has an "attrition" goal, so they'll promise whatever it takes (even over email) to keep you in their team.

-- because of the above reasons, talented people leave the company. I have found 95% of the people I know in the company to be incompetent and poor at their jobs, especially the mid-management and people managers. If you're reading this and are among the 5%, I'm certain you're thinking to move..good luck :)

Advice to Management

I'm sure this won't matter, but the company needs to have a very high bar on hiring and retaining people and a progressively better way to measure and reward performance; you're losing out on innovation.

5. "Data Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. More of Technology Centric
    2. Adopts according to current Business needs
    3. Company Internal Learning center is too good.

Cons

1. Won't recognize the talent effectively
    2. Being in service oriented company won't expects good amount of hikes as a part of your work.

6. "Okay"

Former Employee - Technology Lead in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Technology Lead in Fremont, CA

I worked at Infosys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No Good reason to get hired

Cons

extremely Low packages and racist model

Advice to Management

They don't want suggestions , they just think they are perfect

7. "Senior program manager"

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Open culture, great opportunities across domain, Tech savvy work

Cons

Company has grown very big so growth is slow or if you have project with great visibility then you will be able to grow else it is very difficult.

Advice to Management

None

8. "Lead Consultant - Autosys Engineer"

Former Employee - Lead Consultant - Autosys Engineer in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Consultant - Autosys Engineer in Newark, CA

I worked at Infosys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None if you are a US citizen employee

Cons

Very few vacation days
    Few holiday days
    No moving expense assistance
    No path to become an employee for the client (non-compete contract)
    Similar to enlisting for the US Military; Recruiters tell half-truths and difficult to leave for another company
    If you are a US citizen employee you have no upward movement within the company

Advice to Management

Look to your US employees as equals to your "onshore" employees. Embrace diversity when hiring. Encourage direct management to get to know their subordinates. Also maybe get HR departments stationed in the countries where you hire the most employees.

9. "Poor work life balance"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Infosys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learning new technologies if you get lucky

Cons

Long hours
    Regular offshore calls after office hours

Advice to Management

Grow slow but healthy

10. "No career advancement or pay hikes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Infosys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible
    Able to move to wide varied projects

Cons

Money (Salary) is an issue
    Line Managers are unaware of the issue SME faces at client site only needs client satisfaction

Showing 144 of 22,000 reviews