Infusion Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Infusion Co-Founder & CEO Greg Brill
Greg Brill

Pros
  • Infusion hires great people in all areas of the business (in 22 reviews)

• Great place to learn and work with very smart people (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Prior to joining I read a few negative comments, many relating to work/life balance and lack of focus, as well as issues about corporate culture (in 6 reviews)

• career growth plan within the company (in 10 reviews)

1. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Infusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the brightest people I have ever worked with, work with cutting edge technologies, healthy culture.

Cons

Prior to joining I read a few negative comments, many relating to work/life balance and lack of focus, as well as issues about corporate culture. My experience has not supported any of these negative comments. In fact, the company has taken an initiative recently to focus on culture and work/life balance, likely in response to some of these comments, which HR does pay attention to. I can understand how there may have been issues in the past and a couple of colleagues have spoken about the "darker days", but as of now, this is one of the more positive experiences of my 26 year career.

"Good place to start your career, but dont say too long..."

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Infusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are great
    Free snacks
    Opportunity to work on a variety of projects
    They hire really smart people
    Nice offices

Cons

Poorly run business
    Extremely disorganized. Just laid off a bunch of people in the worse way I've ever witnessed a company reduce. (sent out company announcement email before the layoffs were complete)

Old boys club - if you joined the company after 2007 - your job is never safe and you probably won't get very far up the ladder.

Upper management is inexperienced, wasteful and irresponsible. They don't really know how to run a successful business. But for some reason unbeknownst to the rest of the employees they continue to get promoted and remain in "what is it that you...do here?" roles

They have been lucky and hire really smart people. But that might be because of the talented recruiting team. However, they create such a toxic environment - said smart people end up leaving in droves.

Advice to Management

if you want infusion to survive, you have to be willing to take an honest appraisal of yourself. It's time to clean out the executive branch and hire some leaders who know how to run a business.

"Great place"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Infusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Greate people some interesting projects.

Cons

You may not like on site consulting.

"Dishonest Management, Body Shop Masquerading as Consulting Company"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Infusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll get exposure to the financial industry, all the pain will make you stronger when you finally leave in disgust.

Cons

Management will lie to you every step of the way. No promise of training or bonus will be followed up on. Projects are structured to maximize unpaid overtime. Clients are shortchanged by young kids just out of college. Everyone leaves in disgust, it's just a matter of how quickly you wake up.

Advice to Management

Repent

"Great place to supercharge your own career"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Infusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A developer or technologist can get some great experience on exciting emerging technology projects. Multinational company with offices in exciting locations.

Cons

The inner circle of management can treat resources a bit like cattle which is a shame.

"Great people, great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

As other reviewers have said, the best thing about working at Infusion is the talent level within the organization. There is a high bar of technical competency, judgment and communication skills, so you end up working with really great people. The effects of this are far reaching. Not only are you constantly learning and being challenged, but there's a certain amount of a relaxed environment created when it's understood that everyone is capable and everyone understands each other. The ability to get things done and get support when you're in unfamiliar territory makes for a very satisfying job experience. The interview process was great too. They'll challenge you enough to know how serious they are about technical competency, but it never goes too far to lose relevance or paint an inaccurate picture of the job you'll be expected to do.

Infusion takes a lot of initiative to facilitate career growth of the employees as well. This is an intentional part of the corporate culture, and they do one-on-one reviews regularly to make sure that the employees' goals are well defined and that the organization is helping them achieve them. I never felt pressured to give the expected answer, and I always felt that my supervisors wanted to custom fit my experience to my personal career objective. This seems to go beyond just the consultants and technical staff as I've seen growth in the non-technical and administrative departments as well. HR is extremely helpful, friendly and fun as well...best HR and management staff I've worked with by far...not even close.

Cons

Consulting is NOT for everyone. Some of us were able to work in-house with our Infusion co-workers, but a lot of the company is working on-site with clients. I noticed a very big gap between satisfaction levels of consultants doing "staff aug" gigs and those working at an Infusion office. When I experienced it for myself I didn't like it at all. You almost immediately lose that "Infusion" experience. It comes with the territory though, and a lot of people like this kind of structure as well. It's just not for everyone.

Also, management is spread too thin. Some managers and VP's are juggling so many projects that it can be difficult to get their time when you really need it. I'd also say that you have to assert yourself within the organization or you won't get the most out of it. Infusion has experienced a lot of growth in the last few years, and that means that it's easier to slip between the cracks and not get what you want out of your time there.

Advice to Management

Make whatever adjustments need to be made to get more "emerging technology" work. I think that devs are drawn to Infusion because of its reputation as a technology leader, and from the inside I think the impression is that you might get to work on cool stuff if you're really lucky or if your current project ends at just the right time.

"A great place to start, but I wouldn't want to stay there"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

I wish I'd started my career at Infusion. NYC is a great place to work, I got exposed to lots of technologies, and worked with really smart people.

Cons

The pay is terrible. The hours are terrible. The PMO has gone downhill. Sales guys sell a job promising the moon and developers are left on the hook with delivering the difficult to impossible. A happy developer is one with clear specs and a reasonable timeline. There aren't many happy developes at Infusion.

Advice to Management

-improve the PMO and Team Leads.
    -Quit making up for sales guy's *@&# ups on estimates and schedule on the backs of developers.

"1% have great time, the rest suffer to support them"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Good way to get front office experience if you can get on one of those projects.
    If you work in Toronto or Poland then you get advanced tech.

Cons

London and New York are staff augmentation centers.
    Bosses treat people unfairly, lie to staff, bend policies
    Compensation is minimum.
    Bonus's are crappy, even after awesome year
    Total lack of training
    For consultants,all career development has to be done outside normal working hours (9-6), good jobs on client site counts for nothing

Advice to Management

Improve the compensation, give better holidays and give it fairly across offices

"Good place to learn"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Infusion is a good place to learn Microsoft technologies. If you are lucky enough to get on a good project and a team lead who what he/she is talking about, you can learn some new technologies quicly. But I know some team lead\manager, who called himself SharePoint Expert, but he really does not know much. If that is the case, you have to learn hard with no provided training, and work hard, and let the "expert" take the credit. That is why a lot of people left. Infusion will tell you how many new employees they hired, and won't tell you how many people who left the company. I know the office in US, everyone left.

Cons

Worst benefit.
    Almost no bench time, not the in the good way. No bench time because they throw you to some proejct that doesn't match your interest, skill set or client's requirement. All they care is billable hours. Sometime consultants use bench time to learn new technologies. You won't have the luxury here.

If you are on bench, the management will force you use your own vacation days!!! What a shame!!

No benefits, no 401k match. I was told that HR was working on 401k since I am hired about 4 1/2 years ago.

Doesn't look good on your resume. I started looking for new jobs for almost a year. Infusion doesn't look good on your resume.

Travel policy is bad. No direct flights. You waste a lot of time on the road. For the management, you time is nothing.

Advice to Management

Better pay, better benefit
    Don't feed us using peanuts, while you spent like crazy.
    Don't force employee to use vacation days when you cannot find any work. You can require employee to do self training at that time. It will good for the company in the long run.
    Better laptops.

"Incompetent Senior Management and Human Resources"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Lot of cutting edge technology projects. People can work on side projects in their free time.

Cons

Project management is pretty bad. Senior management reaps all the rewards while consultants do all the work. Not everybody gets to work on cutting edge technology projects. Some people are stuck on a staff augmentation project for years. Human resources is incompetent and does not make an effort to know their employees issues. Senior management, to put it harshly, is hypocritical. Processes are half baked and not implemented most of the time. Compensation is often based on closeness with upper management and not performance.

Advice to Management

If you want long term growth of employes build a professional atmosphere and take care of your employees and stop wasting money on travel and useless socializing.