Infusionsoft Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Infusionsoft Co-Founder & CEO Clate Mask
Clate Mask

Pros
Cons
  • Yes, we have a strong culture with core values that everyone believes in (in 12 reviews)

• Company is going through massive growing pains (in 10 reviews)

"Jumping the S-curve"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

co-workers care for small business and each other
    clear purpose and mission to help small businesses
    entrepreneurial
    monthly tailgate parties
    Momentum is building as new Infusionsoft is launched

Cons

A lot has changed in the past two years including new leadership, strategic shifts and coming to the end of the Everest mission. Trying to build for scale and wade through jumping the s-curve with a new technology platform has taken a toll. That has caused some fear and mistrust.

Advice to Management

Build trust by listening to employees
    invest in developing people and practice the value that "we believe in people and their dreams"
    Be transparent

"Marketing Automation Specialist"

Former Employee - Marketing Automation Specialist in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing Automation Specialist in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Infusionsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Majority of people there are absolutely fantastic, wonderful individuals. Nice environment to work in. Helping small businesses.

Cons

Terrible communication between leadership and individual. Constant pivots that have no real strategy behind them (this is proven by how we pivot around a failed pivot and never acknowledge it again, never learning anything). Serious issues with mid-level management either feeding bogus numbers to executives.

Advice to Management

As a 5 year veteran of this company, Infusionsoft needs to seriously reevaluate the people sitting in it's mid-level management chairs. Primarily Directors and VPs, occasionally managers too.

"I'm let down."

Current Employee - Direct Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Direct Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product/service
    Helping small businesses grow feels amazing.
    Very talented coworkers
    Large ecosystem of partners
    ICON
    Nice office with soda, coffee and cereal bar.

Cons

Arbitrary goals that are not in line with market demand.
    Constant changes occur mid-month with very little communication in advance.
    Unattainable sales quotas have created a culture of fear and resentment.
    Zero camaraderie - its every man for themselves.

Advice to Management

I used to get excited to drive to work each day. I thought I had found my dream career and knew that I worked for a company that valued its employees as much as its customers. However, that has all changed over the last couple of months. The sales & partner support goals are way out of reach and attrition is through the roof. Top performers are leaving because they feel burned. We have an extremely talented sales team yet 2/25 hit quota last month due to the unrealistic goals set forth by new senior leaders. If we continue down this path many talented people that love this company will leave.

"Great Culture and Experience"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Vision, Mission
    Teamwork
    Innovation
    Small business connection

Cons

High work load
    Constantly changing direction

Advice to Management

Make realistic plans that require growth and innovation but do not result in making employees constantly feel like they and the company are failing.

"Growing pains but overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Infusionsoft (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with a lot of great people; pay and most benefits are solid. Feel like our product really impacts peoples' lives for the better.

Cons

No 401(k) match. Leadership has a tendency to implement changes without thinking or planning them through, without good communication to the rank and file.

"Poor Long Term Career Choice"

Former Employee - Management in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Management in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Infusionsoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Founders are intelligent, inspirational, seem like great people. Product is good. There are still

Cons

Always chasing a new shiny object. I got a new supervisor every few months. Even with good performance, it's a matter of time before you get someone you don't jive with. Employee Churn is high, change is high, gossip is high, and the culture that is talked about is mostly just that....talk. Daily stress among everyone I worked with was too high for my happiness. Every day I worked there felt like another job interview.

Advice to Management

Spend more time with mid level managers, and top performers. Listen to them. Change can be a good thing, but if something is working, measure more before cutting.

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, mission to help small business succeed, great place to work

Cons

401K match doesn't exist here

"What happened?"

Current Employee - Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

cereal, the drink machine, Jenny, being able to bring your family in, cool looking office space, relaxed dress code

Cons

Weak senior leadership who have resorted to lean heavily on fear tactics, refuse to listen to the needs of their employees, and instead seem to be making a career out of pointing the finger and placing blame. A product that is painfully out of date and has long failed to be able to keep up with competitors. An overwhelming fear in all departments for many reasons, not the least of which being our obvious inability to identify the root cause of why over the last 3 years we have continued to hemorrhage customers at an accelerated rate (imagine the shock that ran through the building today when word got out that we will have cancelled nearly twice as many customers than we have sold this month). It's really no wonder this is happening, in fact, it's a perfect storm. Over the last two years, in an effort to go "corporate", we have systematically either let go of or pushed out nearly every free thinker and transformational leader. In essence, it is rare to come across a soul nowadays that still bleeds Infusionsoft green. I can't imagine the level of panic at the executive table, when a company who has long been so totally committed to delivering exceptional customer service at any cost, is now outsourcing support to India, leaving every customer support rep here wondering when their expiration date will come. A general feeling in all departments that the writing is on the wall. In short order, the valley’s SAAS industry has already begun to be, and will increasingly continue to be saturated with ex-Infusionites.

Advice to Management

The answers to every issue that plagues Infusionsoft lies in the hearts and minds of the brilliant individuals on our front lines. Listen. Let me repeat that… Listen. Don’t listen to answer. Don’t listen to counter. Don’t listen to appease. Just listen. Without any assumption or bias. Stop demanding more, while simultaneously devaluing the work that we do. We’d love to give more. We have given more in the past. To leaders who inspired us, and made us feel appreciated and valued. Be leaders, not managers. We need you to step up. We need you to lead us. Take ownership, and we will follow. Sadly, I say this, knowing all too well, that it will only fall on deaf ears.

"When I first started, the company was great, but too many changes have made it difficult to work here."

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Infusionsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, although expensive. Does have some very good management who are awesome and want you to succeed. Company has a good drive to help small businesses.

Cons

The software is full of bugs. About 450 when I left. In Support, I constantly felt like I was lying to customers about issues and nothing every really changed. They have monthly releases that break more features than what the features are worth. Another thing that makes this difficult is when customers try to cancel. You'll have some terrible repeated conversations with customers about that.
    Executives are two faced and tell you 'facts' that are completely untrue and inflated to their interests that make employees feel like they are in a great place.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying so much about releasing new features. Customers are happy with a product that works. You'll have more long term customers and get to cash flow positive with them being happy.

"Mostly Good"

I have been working at Infusionsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll meet some amazing colleagues to work with. The pay is nice, and there are some great perks come bonus time and holiday season.

Cons

As we're preparing to go public, parts of the culture that made it an amazing place to work are fading away. There have been several moments over the last few years that it's felt like the company is more focused on making money than doing the right thing.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and their needs. Don't hold on to incompetent leadership regardless of how long they've been there.