Ingeniux Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Not a good place."

Former Employee - Software Support Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Support Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Ingeniux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Decent benefits. Massages every pay day. Awesome snacks.

Cons

They fire good people swiftly, without any explanation as to why.

Advice to Management

Stop firing good people because you can't figure out what you're doing.

"Not a good place"

I worked at Ingeniux full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is only barely appropriate for recent graduates or others who need to create a foothold in the industry. It is very difficult to think of any benefits to employment in this organization.

Cons

There are no advancement or promotion opportunities available. Training is not provided on any topic whatsoever, and there is no mechanism for continuing education and employee improvement. When you begin, your will maintain your position for the duration of your tenure, and will not receive pay increases, regardless of the quality of your work.

Benefits and pay are mediocre, and do not meet industry standards.

Evil people are allowed to be cruel with impunity, as they are "important" for the company.

Ingeniux is absolutely the most hostile organization I have ever encountered, and nearly caused my suicide. Stay away!

Those with a good work ethic are not recognized or rewarded, as management takes a least common denominator approach. As a result, you, the hard worker, will be compared with the guy who cannot show up on time and does the minimum work required. There is no point in showing a good work ethic, as no rewards will be received. You will, however, be criticized for anything that a pedantic mind can conceive.

Advice to Management

Realize that you allow bad people to act cruelly, and make an organizational change to not tolerate this behavior.

You allow good talent to leave, and retain only the mediocre. Work on keeping good, hard-working people in the office.

Do not ask people to work outside of normal business hours if you are not willing to compensate them for their efforts. Some sort of stakeholding opportunities or increase pay would offset this.

Please do not be cheap--you often save a a few cents, only to lose much more at a later time. Employee pay and retention are a good example of this.

Allow people to feel safe and appreciated. Do not pander to the large egos at the expense of others.

Do not promote people to management who are not qualified for it. A good engineer does not make a good leader.

3. "Engineer"

Pros

Close to Pike Place Market. Employees are great.

Cons

Terrible management, low salaries, and a click-like atmosphere. There are some who have been with the company for years. And you can see that at work. Don't expect to feel included. Also, i've seen a ton of support agents come and go. They will CAN you in a second. Overall. Not a bad place, but there are better.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with communication and expectations.

4. "Stay Away unless you are in a career transition."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Ingeniux full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place churns through employees faster than any other company i have worked at. Great to use as a stepping stone to other avenues, especially if you don't have that much of a tech background and want to get into tech.

Cons

Over promise to customers and under deliver is the key to success at Ingeniux. Jim controls the entire company as most of the revenue goes back into his pocket. Keep that in mind when you ask for a raise/promotion and get strung along for months at a time. Nepotism is rampant here as well, don't expect to get far without it.

5. "Fast Paced + Challenging = Never a dull day"

I have been working at Ingeniux full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked here for a year now and I find each day brings new exciting challenges. We have a wide variety of clients ranging from large to small. It's rewarding to work with our clients to meet their content management needs in order for them to manage their website. This is a small company and it requires a collaborative environment in which we work together to satisfy our customers. In addition to being collaborative, the environment is also pretty casual and we often go out for social events and genuinely enjoy each other's company. The Seattle office is in an excellent location near Pike's Place market and has excellent views of the water.

There's also some great benefits worth mentioning like matching 401k, Orca Card, Stock Options, and Massages in office every other week!

Cons

If you're used to a large corporate environment with 20 person HR teams the small team environment may throw you off. This is especially true if you're not willing to embrace different roles and step in to assist and learn new skills as needed.

Advice to Management

Strive to keep all the employees informed in all aspects of the company's future as well as details around benefits.

6. "A passion for information design"

I have been working at Ingeniux full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is full of some of the smartest people I've worked with in my career. The company is growing quickly and has technology that I'm proud to be associated with. I have faith in the strategic direction of this company and those making those decisions. Much is expected with little training, if you thrive on your own, you will thrive.

Cons

There is a culture of working nights and weekends here, but that's par for the course for many tech companies. It's possible to work 40 hour weeks, but be prepared to work your butt off and maintain a high level of efficiency to do so. Much is expected with little training, if you struggle in that environment, you will struggle.

Advice to Management

It's difficult to maintain talent when you have expectations that people work Amazon hours with no where near Amazon pay.

"Watch out for Jim"

I worked at Ingeniux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers and downtown location.

Cons

Watch out for Jim...that was the advice that employees gave me the first day I started. And now that's the advice I give to you.

Like other reviewers have said, Jim will micromanage you and throw you under the bus, even when it's his own doing. Either you survive by working around Jim, or you don't....many don't. Hence why there was 20% employee turnover while I was there.

The software itself is meh...mostly based on legacy technology and an outdated user experience.

If you're into being micromanaged and developing software from the early 2000's, then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

None...Jim doesn't care.

"CEO has to go!"

I worked at Ingeniux full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can take two hour lunches? Never be fired?

Cons

No question the CEO has to go. Jim literally treats the company as his own personal ant farm. He does not remotely care what anyone else in the company advises, he does what he wants and for that reason, the company barely turns a profit post-revenue. He loves to employ his own family and friends of family, ensuring that no actual innovation occurs for the product.

The product itself is like selling a used car. It's built on outdated technologies, is incredibly difficult for users to configure and should be shut down.

Instead of dumping money back into the employees(aside from the directors who make money), they choose to open another location in Walla Walla, of course for Jim the CEO once again since his Alma Mater is over there. You see? You will never succeed at this company, you will never matter at this company and it's why everyone that was a good hard worker has left.

Advice to Management

CEO needs to stop treating this company like his own personal playground/ant-farm. Hire real hires, not family and their significant others. Stop focusing on the ridiculous CMS and try to innovate something new after 15 years in the business. Pathetic.

"I can't believe this place is still in business. Incredible!"

Former Employee - Development and Technology in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Development and Technology in Seattle, WA

I worked at Ingeniux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many...maybe free coffee? Maybe that the place looks like a Chinese restaurant inside?

Cons

Seriously, I'm not sure how this place is still in business. The software is really just okay...sometime I was surprised it worked at all. The CMS is built upon some seriously outdated technologies...all ASP .NET and is not user friendly. Their internal systems plain suck.

When I was first hired, they changed the title of my position three times in the first week. The biggest issue is the CEO. Someone else said this:

"Pretty much all the cons start and end with the CEO of the company. Unless he changes, don't expect the company to change."

Not a truer word spoken. Massive management and micromanagement issues. You get either micromanged or chucked into the deep in to sink or swim.

Everything requires the CEO approval. He doesn't allow anyone to use their best judgement on their tasks. He's really the craziest guy I've ever worked for.

Even the current staff were not surprised when people would quit after a month or two working there. Hugh turnover is the norm.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves...oh wait, that would involve getting rid of the CEO too, which you can't.

"Meh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Ingeniux full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed environment with cool people and office

Cons

Getting anything to change is impossible. Management is neurotic and highly found of micro-managing.