Ingenu Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Horn

"Marketing Coordinator"

I have been working at Ingenu full-time

Pros

Great company culture, really enjoy going to work and being around everyone.
    Management is amazing.
    Everyone is extremely sharp with great backgrounds.
    Great future for this company.

Cons

Offices are split between San Diego and Phoenix so there is sometimes a lack of communication between both offices.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and motivating everyone. Can't say enough good things about the CEO and all of the higher-ups.

2. "Great Company to be a part of"

Pros

Nice friendly working atmosphere
    Open door policy
    Latest cutting edge Technology
    Good exposure to M2M/IOT

Cons

Process and Procedure improvements are required

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ingenu (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast moving company with some great technology. The people are great and offices are brand new.

Cons

In a lot of ways the company has the same struggles that face many start-up type companies, but everyday it is getting better.

Advice to Management

Stay focused

5. "Exciting Environment & Great People"

I have been working at Ingenu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that work here from Engineers to Business Development are all dedicated, intelligent and respectful people. The employees have a great sense of humor and are excited about the work they are doing!

Cons

With any growing company there are growing pains including implementing new policies and some turnover. With that being said, Ingenu, is a great company to work for.

"Disarray"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Ingenu full-time

Pros

Relaxed office environment. Interesting technology. Some good people and potential for good things. Flexible hours, good location, usual assortment of snacks, etc.

Cons

Software engineering management is a mess. Shockingly sub-par decision makers who are way out of their league and making decisions they don't understand.

Lots of recent org changes, new people coming in, and more to come assuredly. Very little consensus on direction overall with disparate views and confusion all over the place.

Advice to Management

Board and CEO need to take a hard look at what's going on below them. Pounding this mess into a cohesive unit won't be easy.

7. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Ingenu full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of honest and intelligent people who know what they're doing.

Cons

If you go on a month long vacation you might end up without a job when you come back.

Advice to Management

Don't close down the San Diego office, none of us will move to Arizona.

8. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ingenu (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has great culture, great food, great lcoation.
    San Diego is one of the best places to live, and it has the best beaches and restaurants.

Cons

There is a flat company cuture. It is hard to make any changes or feel significant if you are not part of senior managerment, but I belive thats a problem anywhere

9. "Exceptional place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ingenu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, technology, and business prospects. This company should be a home run! Hot tech, great execution, in a hot space..

Cons

Not much negative to say. It seems like it's been challenging for the company to get the right competent business folks in place. But with the recent CEO change, it looks like that last piece is in place.

"There is hope, but..."

Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ingenu full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having been at this company a while I've seen a lot of changes. We are on our 3rd CEO in 3 years. The new guy (John Horn) seems to be a plus. He has a very positive vision and seems to invoke some degree of inspiration to us pawns. We are also starting to see some sales start to trickle in. Not revenue positive, but not draining the VC money as fast either.

Cons

This is where things get sticky. From an employee perspective it matters which group you work in and what your expectations are for stock options. The hardware group is run by a Vlad Putin type of guy. Its his way or the highway. If he does not like you or your work he will put you down in meetings and very publicly talk trash about you to your coworkers and his bosses. Eventually you must quit or he will fire you. The sales group is finally starting to stabilize. They have had very high turnover in the past. Typically they fire people after about 12 months if your sales forecasts don't materialize. Now that we are starting to get some sales there is hope for the current crop of people. I'm not sure what to make of the software group. Its the biggest headcount in the company. Some people are happy while others definitely are not. The systems group is good and their manager is easy going. Very low turnover. The production group still has issues. Its not a happy place to work. They tend to be treated poorly by their group manager and the rest of the company in general.

For a prospective employee consider the comments above in terms of how it might relate to your situation. Additionally I would add that Onramp is an "old" startup. Its been around for at least 10 years. This means there are a LOT of outstanding shares of stock. No matter how many shares you may get in a job offer it will always be a very small percentage of the company. Therefore if the company gets bought or goes IPO your take will not be big. Maybe enough to put a down payment on a nice car.

Advice to Management

I've seen the other comments here on glassdoor and would completely agree with the comments regarding management being a mess. Especially middle management.

11. "Innovative, collaborative and welcoming place to work"

I have been working at Ingenu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

On-Ramp has a wealth of engineering talent whose innovations clearly differentiate the company's technology from its competitors. Collaboration is encouraged and management and peers are great about recognizing accomplishments, and management is good about communication. There are always activities going on and everyone is very welcoming and down to earth. Good environment - professional, yet fun.

Cons

Company is a start-up. Location could be closer to home.

Advice to Management

Continue communication with your employees. It helps to know where we are and where we are headed.