Ingles Markets Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ingles Markets CEO Robert P. Ingle II
Robert P. Ingle II

Pros
  • flexible schedule and nice coworkers (in 23 reviews)

• Offers part time work to those who are willing to give a fair days work for a fair days pay (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Have to be full time for ten years to get more than two weeks vacation (in 25 reviews)

• Low pay for amount of responsibility (in 20 reviews)

1. "Good Company if you work hard."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome co-workers. Mostly friendly customers. Willing to work with my schedule. Associates are very friendly and are willing to always help. Hard work is recognized and my department head, merchandiser, and store manager always tell me how appreciated I am.

Cons

The only thing I can say is to hold people more accountable for their actions. Sometimes they can be to easy-going. Pay should be higher.

Advice to Management

Stop letting certain employees take advantage of you. You are doing a great job and don't let criticism upset you.

2. "Deli associate"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Blue Ridge, GA
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Blue Ridge, GA

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay,nice co worker s

Cons

No benefits, no discounts, don't know

3. "Bookkeeper"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay, Simple job, Nice management

Cons

Dealing with crazy customers. Strange hours due to switching to PC automated scheduling. NO facial hair unless it is a GIANT Tom Celek style mustache.

Advice to Management

Switch back to human-made schedules

5. "GREAT RETAIL COMPANY"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Barnesville, GA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Barnesville, GA

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is very relaxed and focused on patients.

Cons

You are in a grocery store and they don't really understand pharmacy as a whole very well. You spend a lot of time educating store managers about things you can and cannot do.

6. "Love my job as a cashier. Challenging but fun, due to the fact I work in a high traffic, busy store."

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great w/ working w/your schedule, especially in college. Decent pay for a part time job (I get 9.25). Nice management mostly, good environment overall. My store stays busy so there's always something to do. I love most of my coworkers, from all depts. it's like one big family.

Cons

Disorganized management (due to the fact they don't get enough training, they're just thrown out there). We're often shorthanded with our cashiers and baggers. I moved up to bookkeeper shortly after I started, then moved back down about 7 months later due to lack of management hiring help in the office causing me to almost fail my college classes 2 semesters in a row. Long story short I do so much for the store and do whatever needs to be done on the front end, and I've only ever received one thank you & it was the other day from a new CSM. Otherwise, a great job.

Advice to Management

Hire plenty enough help. Thoroughly train not only the cashiers/baggers but the new front end management (when you get a new CSM) so the employees under them get things done right and not get mislead. I've seen it happen a lot, and it stresses me out, bc I know how things should be done and I hate not seeing them done right. Also, discipline is a big one. I hate seeing other cashiers/baggers get away with things I wouldn't get away with if I tried them. They need to do their jobs right or go home.

7. "Deli Clerk"

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Long Shoals, NC
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Long Shoals, NC

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers and kind customers.

Cons

Fast paced during lunch hours.

8. "Miss"

Current Employee - Cashier in Locust Grove, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Locust Grove, GA

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people every day

Cons

Probably training department managers in a classroom setting instead of just giving a position.

Advice to Management

Hire according to people's availabilities rather than working on your availability.

9. "Cashier - I Market"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cornelia, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cornelia, GA

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time

Pros

Part-time - management was very good about scheduling around other jobs & responsibilities . Hourly wage for worker coming in with prior experience was great! $2.00 more an hour than beginning employees. Great boss - with consistent feedback on what you are doing well & "suggestions" on what you might do a bit better. A real team environment - with everyone supporting what needs to get done

Cons

A bit difficult to snag full time hours (with benefits). Really no other complaints.

Advice to Management

More full time positions - with a consistent schedule would be good. There are many loyal - very good cashiers who'd really like Ingle's to be their full time job... Then a person would not have to juggle 2 & 3 part time jobs to " make a living"?!! It may cutdown on turn- over...

"Store manager superb"

Current Employee - Deli Associate in Halls, TN
    Current Employee - Deli Associate in Halls, TN

I have been working at Ingles Markets (Less than a year)

Pros

When I interviewed, GM Sammie had been at this location 1 week since then he has been the best store manager I have ever had, 3 months later and he's still awesome!

Cons

My immediate supervisor is kind of a hard "butt" some times, and the district manager visits every week, good for ingles, STRESSFUL for me! As with any other upper management visit the whole store goes uber perfectionist, I just want to do my job the way I do it everyday, cause if I do it the same all the time I never have to worry

Advice to Management

Subdepartments... Stop micro managing! Tell ur employees what to do once, twice if you see they missunderstood, then leave them to do their work, if not satisfied with there performance review the results, don't come by every 5 min and say "did you do this", " make sure you do that", "I would do this"..... If you are going to keep interrupting progress and performance then just do it yourself!
    OK that my little rant .... All in all really enjoy my work, CO workers are the best!

11. "Great company"

Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Cartersville, GA
    Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Cartersville, GA

Pros

Family company, ingles allows me to work when I am able to, which is great because I have two babies.

Cons

Low raises, poor work/home balance