Ingles Markets Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ingles Markets CEO Robert P. Ingle II
Robert P. Ingle II

Pros
  • flexible schedule and nice coworkers (in 23 reviews)

• Offers part time work to those who are willing to give a fair days work for a fair days pay (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Have to be full time for ten years to get more than two weeks vacation (in 25 reviews)

• Low pay for amount of responsibility (in 20 reviews)

"$20k to handle millions of dollars per year.."

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

Pros

generally, the people are friendly but the store managers are usually lazy and unwilling to do anything out of the ordinary that needs to be done within the store.

Cons

upper management needs a complete overhaul

Advice to Management

study Publix's business model if you want to be in business 5 years from now

2. "Okay place to work but lots of drama"

Former Employee - Customer
    Former Employee - Customer

Pros

its a job during our down economy

Cons

Lots of drama, don't want to pay you what your worth, only give you full time if they absolutely need to, the district managers are rude and think that they are something special (think you should kiss the ground they walk on)

Advice to Management

Value your employees more, treat them with more respect and your turn over rate won't be so great

"Not my choice on places to work. Worst job I've had yet."

Former Employee - Warehouse Picker in Black Mountain, NC
    Former Employee - Warehouse Picker in Black Mountain, NC

Pros

Paid decently at the time and they are pretty flexible as far as if you're not that good in the job they put you in. They have other positions that they can give you a shot at. Training was very good.

Cons

I worked in the freezer which stays anywhere between 36 degrees and 26 degrees depending on the area of the freezer and what it was like outside. Management are complete morons that walk around like they're something really big.

Advice to Management

Get some more down to earth supervisors, provide your workers with what they need to be in the freezer or whatever area they're in for 7 or more hours, give proper feedback. And don't lie to your customers and say that you'll never use the "Food Lion MVP card" method towards your customers and introduce it anyways.

"satisfied"

Pros

Great place to work as a pharmacist but the health insurance could be better. Satisfied with placement and working with schedules.

Cons

I think the health insurance could be less restrictive and better for the employees overall. The network for healthcare and the out of pocket deductables could be a great deal better. The 401K lacks choice of options for better performing funds.

Advice to Management

I have nothing to offer at this time about advice to management about pharmacy. This is a grocery store and the pharmacy department is still new.

"Its a good job and it will never go overseas. Also people cannot do without groceries in this day and time"

Current Employee - Order Selector
    Current Employee - Order Selector

Pros

The paychecks are nice if you are a picker and you work your butt off. Nothing really pays good in the general warehouse except picking, but the maintenence and truck driving jobs pay very good in my opinion. The training is very good. They make sure you know what youre doing before they let you go on your own.

Cons

2nd shift and the lack of monday to friday 1st shift jobs. its always sunday to thursday or tuesday to saturday

Advice to Management

I like my boss now and i liked the one i had in a different department. Best bosses ive ever had. Ive yet to be yelled at for not doing something right or doing something wrong.

"Odd working environment"

Former Employee - Cashier in Chatsworth, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Chatsworth, GA

Pros

Flexible part time hours. Enjoyed the interaction with customers. If you like to meet and greet the public this is a great opportunity.

Cons

Instead of using any positive reinforcement to encourage performance employees are threatened with dismissal over minor things. Be prepared to be hired for one job then switched from position to position at the whim of whatever the current store management wants. In three years we had 3 different management teams.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as adults. Some of us work because we have to. Not all of us are kids looking for a part time job to lay out of, some us us actually enjoy working, and can become a loyal employee and a benefit to the local store. However, it's difficult to be a loyal employee when store meetings turn into termination threats instead of helping us do our jobs.

8. "qwerty"

Current Employee - Cashier in Bremen, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Bremen, GA

Pros

awesomeness in a bag, thats all i have to say, once you start to work ith ingles, you'll never want to quit

Cons

it can be lonely at times, and some poeple look down at me for working here, but its not my fault no-one ever gave me the opportunity to do something wiht my life!

Advice to Management

when i remember my time spent at ingles, i think, now theres a good hippo... i think i will name him george

"not that great"

Former Employee - Dairy Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Dairy Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

Pros

Come to work late, talk to employees instead of working, go home sick. Management is a joke.

Cons

Republican company; managers don't listen; but they know all. When something goes wrong - s*** rolls downhill and it's never managements fault. Long hours, gossiping managers, 25cent raises, and no promotion from within.

Advice to Management

Listen to your good employees, the ones who come to work on time and get the job done. The ones who do as told and help the customer. Too many managers are hiring friends, not employees.

"No advancement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Pros

No stress. Lots of interaction with customers. Flexible scheduling. Overall relaxing job with a good corporate culture. A good experience.

Cons

Too many fire chiefs and not enough firemen. Lazy coworkers. Many managers who simply do not deserve to be in that position.

Advice to Management

Make it more fair to advance through the company. Provide a more employee friendly atmosphere, such as a break room.

"Tolerable at best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walhalla, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walhalla, SC

Pros

Flexible work hours, the department managers are willing to work with you to get the job done. Interaction with customers is a plus.

Cons

The upper managment in the store seems to be out for themselves. They are usually unwilling to help when something major needs to be done, and they always gossip about things to other employees that are unnessasary. The pay is usually minimum wage and when it is time for evaluations, the store managers will hold out as long as possible to cut down on raises that they are entitled to give employess.

Advice to Management

Stop looking out for just yourself, you have people that work for you that need your help, stop giving out a cold shoulder. We need to be supplied with things that are mandatory, not just cut-rate and cost effective.