Ingram Content Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Ingram Content Group President and CEO Shawn Morin
Shawn Morin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This company is great in how it supports its associates through employment with competitive wages and good benefits (time off as well as insurance) (in 23 reviews)

• True definition of work life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance is nonexistent during holidays (in 6 reviews)

• The pay was not always the best and upper management did not care for the creative people (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent"

Current Employee - Supervisor Senior Accountant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Supervisor Senior Accountant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Ingram Content Group about 3 years ago. I was hesitant to make a change as I'd been with my former employer for over 10 years. Making this change has been one of the best decisions that I've ever made - both professional and personally. Not only do I have amazing co-workers, my management team is wonderful. They are very supportive. I've learned in the past few years that Ingram Content Group wants each of their associates to know that they are valued. Before joining Ingram Content Group, I felt like going to work was such a chore. I enjoy coming to the office now. I like the work that I am doing and the environment.

Cons

If you have a good work ethic (keeping in mind that the work/life balance has been good for me) and you desire to work for a company that always keeps you on your toes - there are not any cons. You'll find that there is opportunity for growth when you apply yourself and give 100% to your duties.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "Very positive"

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in La Vergne, TN
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in La Vergne, TN

I worked at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Other employees and supervisors really want you to succeed in everything you do. They are very encouraging about internal promotions.

Cons

Haven't really come across anything. There is currently a lot of construction going on at the building so it's loud.

3. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ingram provides a great work environment and truly cares about their employees. The benefit time really allows for a healthy work-life balance and even when life happens, management goes the extra mile to accommodate your needs.

Having worked for the company going on five years I can truly say this experience is like no other. Being a family owned and operated business, Ingram makes family a priority and every employee becomes an integral part of the Ingram family. You can see this in the day-to-day operations of every facility which is part of the reason the company has been as successful as it is. I couldn't ask for a better work family to be a part of!

Cons

Starting out in an entry-level position I anticipated an easy transition into a job related to my degree once I graduated. Unfortunately, it was not that simple. I was a top two candidate for a job in my field but was passed over for an external candidate with one year experience in a similar role. I would have thought that over three years of company experience would have held a bit more weight than one year of external experience but that did not seem to be the case.

After being turned down for this position I applied for several others before finally getting an opportunity to transition into a job more aligned in my field.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus and encourage your employees who show interest in other parts of the business. Build up their strengths and allow them to gain experience needed for the next step in their career with Ingram.

4. "LOVE it here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time

Pros

Ingram is a great place to work. The solutions we're developing are propelling us in the book distribution industry. Also, we have a chef, ping pong, foosball, video games and puzzles. Food trucks periodically drop by and Ingram hosts events for associates to take a break from the day-to-day and interact socially.

Cons

A lot of work and not much time to do it. It's certainly challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on people working 60+ hours a week. It's not sustainable.

"Library Processor"

Former Employee - Library Processor in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Library Processor in Nashville, TN

I worked at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay was good and we got raises every year with bonuses here and there.

Cons

Work/life balance. They expect you to work continuous 10 hour days including weekends and still meet production requirements. Also, they took the stoold for so called safety reasons and made the processors stand after being able to sit for years while working.

Advice to Management

I wish the management would express more value for their employees especially when the hours are increased.

6. "Don't recommend until there is MAJOR change with some of the leaders"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN

I worked at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some leaders are driving the business in the right direction and truly value their biggest resource (employees). Benefits are very good.

Cons

Very political environment - if you don't partake in the politics and get on the right side of the decision-makers, you will not have job security. If you question leadership in a diplomatic, respectful way, you will still have a red target on your back for good and again your job stability is in jeopardy. A lot of employees are promoted to a leadership position and don't have the right skills to be successful and aren't provided with the proper training. There are several incompetent leaders in this company that are detrimental to the growth of the company. Departments don't communicate with each other. Growth opportunities are limited. Minority discrimination exists but is not recognized - document everything.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is going on with your directors and VPs. A lot goes under the radar and is detrimental to keeping top talent and moving the business towards success.

"Experiences with Ingram"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in La Vergne, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in La Vergne, TN

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent raises each year. Closed on most holidays and weekends

Cons

Poor communication within the department.

"Stop talking and start listening"

I worked at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have access to free online tools to improve your skills (Excel, project management, etc.).

Cons

They are not collaborative and do not listen to employee feedback. Integrity is not important to them.

Advice to Management

Actively listen to your employees.

9. "National Account Manager"

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good structure, benefits, work environment. Mostly non-corporate atmosphere. For a large company I think they do their best to give their employees the freedom to do their best work possible. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Sub-par holidays off and summer hours schedule compared to the rest of the industry.

Advice to Management

Look at additional ways to compensate employees (see above re: holidays)

10. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Account Representative in La Vergne, TN
    Current Employee - Account Representative in La Vergne, TN

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ingram is a great company to work for and they have great benefits.

Cons

Sometimes advancement to different areas of the company isn't easy to accomplish.