Ingram Content Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Ingram Content Group President and CEO Shawn Morin
Shawn Morin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The pay was not always the best and upper management did not care for the creative people (in 11 reviews)

• work/life balance is nonexistent during holidays (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent"

Current Employee - Supervisor Senior Accountant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Supervisor Senior Accountant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Ingram Content Group about 3 years ago. I was hesitant to make a change as I'd been with my former employer for over 10 years. Making this change has been one of the best decisions that I've ever made - both professional and personally. Not only do I have amazing co-workers, my management team is wonderful. They are very supportive. I've learned in the past few years that Ingram Content Group wants each of their associates to know that they are valued. Before joining Ingram Content Group, I felt like going to work was such a chore. I enjoy coming to the office now. I like the work that I am doing and the environment.

Cons

If you have a good work ethic (keeping in mind that the work/life balance has been good for me) and you desire to work for a company that always keeps you on your toes - there are not any cons. You'll find that there is opportunity for growth when you apply yourself and give 100% to your duties.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "Ingram Content Group"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ingram is an absolutely amazing company to work for in which I would recommend to any and everybody!

Work Life Balance is AMAZING
    Benefits are great
    PLENTY of room for growth

Cons

Being located in LaVergne; however you never have to worry about traffic :)

3. "Great resources, great potential, very corporate"

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ingram seems to genuinely value innovation and make decisions to stay in touch with current ideas in business and culture. The upper management I've interacted with have been respectful of employee/client input and needs and responsive to feedback. The size of the company means they have vast resources in terms of budgeting, staffing, and services...

Cons

...but actually accessing the resources they offer requires navigating a lot of red tape and lots of patience as you wait for endless approvals to be signed off on.

Advice to Management

As an employee who works at a location other than the La Vergne ICG headquarters, I often feel that I am expected to abide by all the Ingram policies, even when inconvenient, but am not able to access the full range of benefits, like purchasing books at a discount or the employee fitness facilities. It's also quite frustrating to interact with IT staff as they often are unfamiliar with the quirks in off-site systems.

4. "If you need money but don't care how you are treated."

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time

Pros

Great increases, bonuses, compensation overall and benefit packages are fantastic.

Cons

There is no end to the cons, especially if you work outside of the La Vergne location. You constantly receive reminders of how great it is to work here, although it is only the main location that is kept nice and remodeled and offers all the perks, like on-site meal vendors, ping pong tables, workout areas, etc. Everyone else is in the trenches in dirty warehouses with chaos all around them. Someone else mentioned this, and this is true--there is always a "secret" being dangled over your head. Workers in the trenches hear of sections of employees being given their severance packages, so everyone is skeptical of the smiling faces. It's a very tense atmosphere. And if you directly ask if your job is going away, the answer will never come. No one wants to be the bad guy and tell you the truth of what is really going on. Always restructuring and consolidating departments, terminating positions. Blatant lies to your face while the robots smile continually. And this is one of the worst companies ever to have a meeting to schedule a meeting, to discuss how to have a meeting, and then meet. Then there are follow up meetings. No one can actually do work for being in meetings that accomplish nothing but talking about what they ate for lunch or their recent vacation.

Advice to Management

Start telling people the truth to their faces, and sharing plans instead of allowing rumors to grow wings and fly about. It's disheartening and creates severe distrust. Much better to let people go and thrive elsewhere if you are eventually going to, than languish for a pathetic severance package, especially people who have been in a job for 20+ years. No one listens to their input anyway as to how to run the job smoothly, so why keep everyone hanging around for nothing. Oh, and by the way, senior management is nonexistent. Workers only see the hired talking heads.

5. "order picker"

Former Employee - Order Picker in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Order Picker in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Ingram Content Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay for H.S. kids

Cons

very hot in summer time

6. "Big company with a Small company feel"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart, dedicated employees. A much more 'family-oriented' sense than any company its size I've encountered. Flexible, forward-looking corporate goals that have kept, and probably will keep, the company strong.

Cons

Communication can be hard, as it often is in big companies, although most employees seem aware of this difficulty and fight to overcome it. Growing pains attendant to expansion produce the expected delays and difficulties. Nothing extravagant- this is a good place to work.

Advice to Management

Try extra hard to be aware of just how much your reports are doing. It may be a fact of modern business life, but everybody seems to be working longer hours than ever, and that task you wanted completed on time very likely took longer to finish than you think, and might have been done over the weekend.

7. "Good Place Overall"

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of company support. The company invests in itself and its employees. Senior leadership knows who everyone is and takes an interest on what they're doing, even if they're just an assistant.

Cons

Maternity leave is pretty bad. The company doesn't support maternity/paternity leaves by hiring temps; instead the workload is distributed among the rest of the team, creating strains in the team dynamic (person who is out on leave feels guilty and is pressured to return earlier.)

Advice to Management

Support your employees, especially those on short term leave.
    Find ways to make all employees be a part of strategy. There are no vehicles for ambitious young people to volunteer to do more or partake in leadership roles.

8. "quality"

Current Employee - Quality Specialist in La Vergne, TN
    Current Employee - Quality Specialist in La Vergne, TN

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

quality services specialist for production and operations

Cons

there are no down side happy to work here

Advice to Management

they know what they are doin no advice needed

"Far from what it was 10 years ago"

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time

Pros

The location is the best. Employees living in Nashville go against the I24 traffic and employees in Murfreesboro don't have to go into Nashville.

Cons

Ingram used to have a real family feel and ran their business that way. To look at the company today, it's completely different. The culture there always feels like leadership is keeping a secret.... and they dangle it in our faces but never actually tell us what is going on. The 'rules' always seem to change so you never know what is 'ok' from one day to the next. Most of my co workers feel they could be terminated at any time and no one feels safe here. The environment is tense and seems to get worse all the time. If you go to HR, they will go straight to our managers and tell them what we said so there is zero trust or faith in the company now.

Advice to Management

The high ups should really begin speaking with their associates to find out what is really going on. So much of this could be resolved if they cleaned house and brought in some integrity.

10. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Ingram Content Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, fantastic work-space, office perks, and core benefits. Beyond the surface-level pros, the Company is truly built on solid values and treats associates and customers as such!

Cons

There is always room to improve; the Company is dedicated to continuous enhancements that foster a positive associate experience.