Ingram Micro Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ingram Micro CEO Alain Monie
Alain Monie

Pros
  • good work life balance, man compensaion (in 50 reviews)

• Great environment to work, with great people (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • Little regard for work/life balance in some departments despite some attempts at changing this (in 22 reviews)

• Politics in the upper management (well its there everywhere) (in 24 reviews)

1. "Toxic Employer."

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a decent stepping stone to your next employer, but only because of the contacts you'll make with both reseller partners and vendors. These contacts will at least provide options when you're ready to move on.

Cons

Hypocrisy and incompetence at its finest. Despite a couple good managers, most do not know how to perform the very jobs they oversee. There are several people, both managers and non-managers, that will take credit for your work on a regular basis. These same people will also point the finger at anyone but themselves for their own failures.

What's even more insulting is the constant talk about the company values and how the employees are family. Company executives continue to disprove this statement as they continue to outsource jobs to third world countries in order to save on the costs of employment.

Furthermore, I have witnessed on several occasions the management receive complaints of harassment or discrimination, only to take action against the very employees reporting these incidents.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to have your employees' best interest in mind. Update the legacy systems. And take your employees' advice on how to optimize varying processes, they know their own jobs much better than you pretend to.

2. "Warehouse associate"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Arlington, TN
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Arlington, TN

I worked at Ingram Micro part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None NoneNone None None None None None None None None None None None None None None NoneNone None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None

Cons

If it's holiday season be prepared to work 7 days a week, 12 hour shifts. Don't worry it won't be good to actually get hired on. They honestly don't care about the employees. I got hurt there while trying to keep up. Hit my my head on conveyor belt. Split my head open leaving an 2 inch gash that would not stop bleeding till I went to the emergency room. The manager wouldn't call an ambulance, take me to er, nor could be bothered in going to either. They won't pay for it either even though it's a work place injury. That way they don't have to record an work place injury. Like I said, you will get a notice from a lawyer saying you owe for a bill that they refused to pay....

Advice to Management

Get you stuff straight. Take care of emergency care that you owe.

3. "Stressful and difficult to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mira Loma, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro full-time

Pros

There are alot of overtime opportunities.

Cons

Management has a live and let live policy. Usually supervisory friends get better assignments, as well as opportunities to play while other work hard. Lots of games played here with work flow.

Advice to Management

none.

"Churn and burn - don't believe any of the positive reviews"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Ingram Micro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros for working at Ingram Micro. Only way you'll do well is if you're part of the sorority-esque clique.

Cons

Where to start?
    1. Management (at every level) is completely unqualified to fill a management role. Either they have no education, no formal training, or have no idea about the business. Worst case scenario, they are all of the above.
    2. No respect for employees. If you don't fit in with the right clique, your life will be miserable. And fitting in has absolutely nothing to do with the job you do and your qualifications.
    3. You will be told to fake contracts just to bring in the revenue. If you say no, you're not a team player. Advice - don't ever fake contracts.

Advice to Management

Management is beyond the point of no return. My advice to prospective and current employees, get out while you still can. Ingram Micro will never change its ways.

"I worked at Ingram for less than a year."

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Irvine, CA

Pros

A clean place to work and a Fortune 500.

Cons

No respect for employees. People get hired and fired every day. If the manager does not like your words or for any reason you get fired. No respect for your work and capabilities. Lots of gossips and no professionalism in some parts.

Advice to Management

People are not toys. If they work good keep them. Plan and do not change your way every other day! See who select as manager.

7. "Eh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Ingram Micro (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always lots of work to do so never bored

Cons

limited opportunities for upward mobility

Advice to Management

none

8. "Is it them or is it me?"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable pay and benefits.
    Talented colleagues.
    Supportive direct manager.
    Willing to spend big bucks for acquisitions.
    Nice shinny new headquarters.

Cons

Company generates huge amounts of corporate communications, yet I cannot decipher our division's strategy.
    Apparently inconsistent strategies. Very willing to throw money at acquisitions and concessions to partners, but seem to oppose actives that can improve day to day customer deliveries.

Advice to Management

Focus on quality rather than quantity of communication. Who knows, maybe we can help?

9. "Triage technician"

Former Employee - Triage Operator in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Triage Operator in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Ingram Micro (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing good about it im so greatful im gone it's better opportunity out there

Cons

10 hour shifts 6 days a week low pay incentive supervisors/managers rude disrespectful nasty attitude not a good company to work for 900 layoffs

Advice to Management

Kicks rocks

10. "Triage Tech."

Current Contractor - Triage Tech in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Contractor - Triage Tech in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Ingram Micro as a contractor

Pros

The co worked that I metis good people that work there and hardworking people that's the only good thing I can say about in Graham

Cons

Management is not good because that talk to the is different nationality that work there and they treat them really bad they talk to him bad and that's not a place but I think that you can make a career from

Advice to Management

advice to management is to take care of the employees respect them as human beings and talk to them with respect

"Not the company it used to be"

I have been working at Ingram Micro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My coworkers are awesome. My job is interesting. I like my boss.

Cons

The executives don't care about the people or the company only their stock options. This is a "good ol'boy company" so if you are not in the club you will not advance. Company is not progressive and the work environment is awful. The sweat shop/call center environment prevents work from getting done. Telecommuting is frowned upon. Salary is crap. Raises were less than 2% last year. This used to be a good place to work. Now I am hoping they fire us all when the sale goes through so I can get a package.

Advice to Management

None. You ruined a great company. Congratulations on destroying a once great company. Not to mention you chased off great associates and killed morale. Great job.