KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Ingram Micro

Is this your company?

Ingram Micro

Add a Review

Ingram Micro Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Sep 12, 2021

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ingram Micro and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0

Good company in IT industry

Jul 25, 2021 - Software Engineer in Calcutta
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people Good perks, Health insurance, bonus Pretty good learning

Cons

Bit politics over two OSS & BSS tycoons Formed IT business through acquisition only Upper management decision has been taken not properly

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jun 11, 2021 - Sales Associate in Mississauga, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

culture is great, managers are really helpful

Cons

upper management does not care about the employees

3. 2.0
    Current Employee

Too much politics

May 29, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good technology to learn and study

Cons

Too much politics in the upper management

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0

Solutions Architect

Nov 27, 2018 - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work-life balance Good compensation Good opportunities to grow within the company

Cons

Unclear on long-term strategy Upper management should be more involved Job expectations are a moving target

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Company

Feb 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Timing, Working on Latest Technology

Cons

Upper Management is not good.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good company to start your career

Jan 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work with. Good exposure

Cons

Low pay scale Dominance of upper management

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work for long term.

Oct 15, 2016 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work and personal life balance. Flexible working hours. Good increment. Social events on festive occasions. Great for starting career. Helpful colleagues.

Cons

1 Saturday is working(compulsory) , but depending upon the release it extends to Sunday and sometimes more need to work on more than one weekend. Politics in the upper management (well its there everywhere). No retention policy.

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Macro Management

Oct 23, 2016 - Senior Software Engineer in Mumbai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Official Saturday is working, you can enjoy your weekend in company.

Cons

Not having Variable pay but having hidden arrears pay directly to company which increase the KRA of upper management. They are showing profit to CEO, by saving employee salary.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Smoke and Mirrors

Apr 4, 2016 - Sales in Mississauga, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to advance if you are somewhat articulate, look a certain way and sip the cool-aid. So called 'upper management' is a real boys club, you don't really need to be truly hard working to advance in this company and I would argue that this can be more of a negative that a positive as it has a lot to do with perception and can be somewhat out of your control. Nonetheless it is a simple formula, that is, if your'e willing to do it. Company 'pretends' (all talk, no action) to care about corporate culture. A real pro because at least you can question or call people out on their B.S. I've been at companies that couldn't care less about pretending. There is a resource for everything, typical of larger companies. From time to time, free lunches and coffee paid for by vendors. Parkade, good for snow and rain cover. There is a high ratio of good people at Ingram!

Cons

I truly hope this can help someone out because I intend to be completely honest. I was once a very happy employee. My perception was that this company truly cared about employee morale and its ambitions truly aligned with my own. That is to be successful and be rewarded commensurate to the amount of effort that I put in. I put the extra effort into everything I did and there was really never a time that I didn't work whether off my phone or at home. I didn't mind, because I wanted to do well and I believed the company truly appreciated my efforts. Obviously this changed along with my perception of the company. - Middle management are glorified accounts. They fib numbers in order to create the perception of success and boy do they suck up to upper management, it's actually quite obvious and amusing. Because the numbers are B.S. (back-end funding etc) they have a lot of control over whether you hit your numbers. I don't like this because I want to work for my compensation, not be under the mercy of how much they want to pay me when I truly believe commission should be in line with effort and the numbers that you accomplish through it. I HAVE hit my numbers so I am not mad because I am bad. Just see it for what it is. The commission "algorithm" is interesting, if you do well, they'll figure out a way to make you pay back (next quarter or whenever) so your yearly OTE is in line, it is so obvious! - This ties into my previous point. The company is complacent. If you're a go getter and want to move the needle and set benchmarks this is not the place for you as you will either have to pay back for your success or be met with resistance. When I say complacent I don't mean that they do not want to be better, it is a public company after all so it cannot be too obvious. What I mean is that Ingram is reactionary and doesn't put in the necessary tools or procedures to actually move the needle substantially. It's good for stability, change is bad when you lack the competence to think outside the box or are unable to adapt. Keeps the current regime in tact, which I don't necessarily believe is a good thing. - Upper management is so silo'd off from the employee. There are some incredible ego's here, wow! I would put up with it fine if I believed the person was smart and I could learn from them. The bad could be offset by what I learn from them. This is just not the case at Ingram. Truth is, they'll have quarterly all hands meeting where the upper management will talk to you like they are supportive and receptive to employee engagement etc. You know, the "open door" type management style. Once the meeting is over you'll see them in the hall and they'll pass you by like you don't even exist (unapproachable) until the next quarterly on-hands. You know how some people just give off that arrogant vibe? This reflects 80% of upper management. It's actually quite sad as I am used to seeing upper management as people that I admired, individuals with charisma or extreme intelligence. Respect is never an entitlement. Maybe my first point in the "pros" section is distorting reality. - No work from home or telecommute (used to be twice a week), they recently changed it to twice per quarter but only when there is inclement weather.

9 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ingram Micro has given me the platform and the eperience to become a valued asset

Oct 22, 2012 - Business Development Manager in Mississauga, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great location and facility to work in daily

Cons

upper management is too distant from the poeple that work for them, they are unrelateable and it directly effect team mentality and moral. Middle management is stretched to thin with meetings and reports to train, guide & properly influence individual teams