KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

Ingram Micro Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 3, 2021

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ingram Micro and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Financial Analyst I

Jan 7, 2016 - Financial Analyst in Lake Forest, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Most other associates great to work with -Good work/life balance (keep in mind this also depends on your supervisor but I found most to be accommodating) -Good opportunities within company

Cons

-A lot of the technology tended to be outdated (i.e. having enough storage always seemed to be a problem); strange considering Ingram Micro is the leading IT distributor in the business -Related to the point above- constant slow downs when trying to pull data. This was very frustrating -Since there were changes in upper management between 2014/2015, the company has a more "corporate" feel to it and not in a good way

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Opportunity for those who will search for it

Oct 6, 2013 - Market Development Specialist in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Great Work life balance * Easy to get noticed if you work hard and go above and beyond the call of duty. * Good people and workers make the job easier and more bearable.

Cons

* Pay is decent but nothing to get excited over. * Communication between departments can sometimes be terrible.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love the people I work with, the managers aren't the best!

Aug 2, 2014 - Channel Account Specialist II in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the people I work with they make the day fly by. The pay is good for the area. Allows you to have a work life balance.

Cons

The management team is not the best. They will tell you what you want to hear and will not have your back.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Training Specialist

Jan 13, 2016 - Senior Training Specialist in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and awesome people work there. Company cares about work/life balance and allowed me to work part-time during the time when my girls were young. When it was time for me to go back to full-time I was able to do so. I worked for 21 years and enjoyed the entire time.

Cons

The was no real promotional path for me to follow during my tenure with Ingram Micro. Beyond that often I found myself working in reactive mode instead of proactive mode at the cost of quality of work.

5. 2.0

She hit the iceberg

Aug 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great location for a HQ in central Orange County - Some bright people, who are friendly/can be outgoing - Fast growth in some areas

Cons

- Under-resourced departments create strain on employees - HR is not helpful for employees, their only purpose being to prevent law suits - Backstabbing, high pressure, and helpless coworkers (depending on area) - No job stability, new departures weekly, constant org changes; executives battling it out to remain relevant, employees concerned about career Seriously consider if this high-pressure, oft low performing industry and company are something you want to be a part of. The work life balance is fair, but it's best to come into the situation being prepared to leave at a moments notice, many managers and leaders are themselves unsure if they'll be around in the next month

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's true what they say.... it's the people!! Ingram Micro is absolutely amazing!!!

Dec 2, 2013 - Sales in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything.. such a professional environment, friendly people, amazing training.. I can go on and on. Wonderful work/life balance, excellent career opportunities, welcoming/open management.. I absolutely love it here!

Cons

NOTHING!!!... Who ever writes a con seriously needs to go work for a Taiwanese company to see what CONS really are.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company for personal development and growth

Mar 21, 2014 - Tech in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extensive vendor training, diverse vendor support opportunities, coworkers have respect for each other, ability to be recongized amongst the sea of employees, good healtcare coverage, 401k, work life balance.

Cons

There can be a lot of micromanagement if you are not properly fit for your position, specific positions are metric driven for compensation so understand what you are applying for.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Excellent career and overall good company to work for.

Feb 4, 2015 - Credit Specialist in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome understanding of work-life balance. Good compensation. Office culture is great for the most part,

Cons

Promotion? what is that? Time off policy is great with flex scheduling I'm off every other week. The newest edition to our values literally is to do more with less, layoffs in 2014 left more work for less people to accomplish. Things tend to get hectic.

9. 5.0

Aug 7, 2015 - Channel Account Specialist II in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance. Depending on the department you go into there is usually a lot of upward movement.

Cons

Be careful of politics! They dont always chose the correct person for a job

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great environment

Sep 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance Supportive coworkers and leaders Hard-working, team-oriented atmosphere Solid benefits package that starts day #1

Cons

Complex infrastructure that isn't easily understood Limited knowledge of who is in what dept and where they are