Injured Workers Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Injured Workers Pharmacy President and CEO Michael Gavin
Michael Gavin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits great pay, friendly working atmosphere lots of invectives (in 5 reviews)

• Coworkers, no weekends, and feel good about helping people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Almost everyone in upper management, talent managers and supervisors all have left the company or were force to leave (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management changes and budget constraints led to unnecessary layoffs, discrimination and the spread of negative morale (in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Associate Territory Manager in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Associate Territory Manager in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’m extremely grateful to be given the opportunity to work for IWP. I’m surrounded by an amazing team that gives me the resources, support, and education to be successful in the company. My manager and sales trainer genuinely care about me as a person. I have the freedom to run my territory as if it’s my own business. The new CEO Michael Gavin has an amazing mind for business and in the short time he has been here, the changes that he brought in have been nothing short of amazing. My time here at IWP has been fantastic!

I honestly have no idea how someone can give this company a 1 Star review. With that type of negative outlook on things maybe they should take a long look in the mirror and realize they themselves are the issue. I highly recommend this company for anyone.

Cons

In my opinion, the only way to fail as a rep with IWP is purely from an activity stand point. Just like running your own business, you can not expect to be lazy and become successful. Same thing applies to sales with IWP. Put your head down, work hard and success will be inevitable.

Advice to Management

I have zero complaints about management.

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time

Pros

The company really cares about the people they employ, they provide amazing benefits, paid holidays, and have a great wellness program. There is great opportunity to grow and employees are given the opportunity to express their ideas and concerns.
    The new CEO Michael Gavin has a great vision for the company. Since he took over the company, morale has increased, and employees are excited about the new projects he will be implementing.
    One of the best thing of working for IWP is feeling that the work you do is making a difference not only on the patient’s live but also your coworkers.

Cons

Company continues to change. Some people have issues adjusting and accepting change, therefore tend to get discouraged.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts to communicate change to employees. Supervisors need training more so those that have been promoted within the company. A simple Great job! Can make the difference.

3. "The worst place I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time

Pros

The benefits are nice. Some fun activities from HR from time to time. Some of the people are amazing to work with.

Cons

Workplace politics are insane. Your efforts are hardly recognized. Complaints/concerns to HR aren't taken seriously.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be trained on how to communicate with their employees. Fear of losing your job is not a proper motivator.

4. "Market and sell IWP service to attorneys and doctors"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy (More than 5 years)

Pros

Do what is best for patient, doctors, and lawyers. As a sales rep you are making good connections with a company trying to do the right thing in your corner.

Cons

Tons of change. Some good some bad. Transition period now. High income earners are non existent. Company heads have made clear the range reps can make. Was higher in years past

Advice to Management

Listen to your top reps and be transparent with agenda.

5. "IWP is a great company!"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working here! I thought it would be hard to find a job as a convicted felon with most companies performing background checks but IWP hired me on the spot! IWP has been generous with handing out promotions and I love it!

Cons

Random drug test are a pain!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office near to my home. Good co workers. Company only match 2% 401K.

Cons

Almost everyone in upper management, talent managers and supervisors all have left the company or were force to leave. Sales manger is gone.Everyone is very nervous, wondering who may be the next one to be let go. Everyone is aware the company is serious financial trouble.New CEO told us he put out money from his own pocket.

"I love IWP!"

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IWP provided great benefits, reimbursement for gym membership up to $400 a year, provided reimbursement for your college education as well. very flexible with schedule and hours . very family like environment . Management always was very respectful and friendly and very much approachable.

Cons

loads of negative employees that bring a family like environment down. if are not happy with your job at IWP then you know where the front OR back door is.

Advice to Management

keep everyone in the loop with any new upcoming changes.
    Ease any possible doubts.

"Disgrace of Management as well as HR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros working for IWP

Cons

The disgrace of the bullies working there. Belittling is not acceptable in any work force, except IWP. Get a grip and move on.

Advice to Management

You need to learn to treat employees with respect and kindness whatever happened to your morals when you treat employees the way management does and HR hides behind closed doors.

"Run!!! They are Firing Employee's Like Crazy!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Everything, no one is safe, and upper management lies to you constantly about job security.

Advice to Management

Be HONEST, Show RESPECT, Get REAL!

"Run aground"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I do not work here anymore.

Cons

Everyone in upper management. They are directly responsible for the demise of what was a great company.

Advice to Management

Don't screw your sales team by hiring people who don't know what they are doing. Most good managers and sales reps are gone due to mis- management.