Injured Workers Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Injured Workers Pharmacy President and CEO Michael Gavin
Michael Gavin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "IWP provided great benefits, reimbursement for gym membership up to" (in 5 reviews)

• "IWP provides career development - tuition reimbursement and training programs" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Almost everyone in upper management, talent managers and supervisors all have left the company or were force to leave" (in 4 reviews)

• "Upper management changes and budget constraints led to unnecessary layoffs, discrimination and the spread of negative morale" (in 4 reviews)

"I haven't been this happy at work in a long, long time."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth Opportunities are abundant for those that go after them. The environment is nice, lots of great people to work with. Management genuinely cares about our team. We are making difference in patients lives daily. We do fun stuff together (at work) like team walks outside on the trails, pot lucks, birthday parties etc. Tuition Reimbursement is awesome! There is a gym on site, nothing fancy but in a pinch it works.

Cons

The work can be draining sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing for the past 6 months. Last year was a tough year, but I can feel it starting to change in the right direction and I like the town halls

2. "Getting there, but we still have some work to do."

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time

Pros

Under our new CEO, we finally have a carefully considered, realistic plan for growth. We still need to execute, but the plan is at least sound.

And while there have admittedly been a lot of changes over the last year, most were smart moves that helped to align department goals and objectives with overall company goals, and ensured that organizational functions were divided among the workforce as efficiently as possible.

Cons

Same cons as most employers: we'd all like more money, more influence, more room for advancement, more time off, and more recognition for our hard work. Some of those things have gotten much better over the last year. Some are still a work in progress. I don't think I can identify anything that's actually going in the *wrong* direction, though.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving. Keep giving the sales team all the tools we possibly can. Keep all departments focused on quality work, effective communication, and patient satisfaction.

"Business Development Manager"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom to run your own territory like it's your own
    Insurance is ok
    Holiday time could be better
    Vacation time is ok

Cons

Bonus structure that you have no control over . You can work your tail off and reach your script goals and still not make any money when others just walk into good territories, open no accounts and make major money . They need to rethink how they pay or they will end up losing a lot of good reps besides myself who gave blood sweat and tears for this company

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees !

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time

Pros

The company really cares about the people they employ, they provide amazing benefits, paid holidays, and have a great wellness program. There is great opportunity to grow and employees are given the opportunity to express their ideas and concerns.
    The new CEO Michael Gavin has a great vision for the company. Since he took over the company, morale has increased, and employees are excited about the new projects he will be implementing.
    One of the best thing of working for IWP is feeling that the work you do is making a difference not only on the patient’s live but also your coworkers.

Cons

Company continues to change. Some people have issues adjusting and accepting change, therefore tend to get discouraged.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts to communicate change to employees. Supervisors need training more so those that have been promoted within the company. A simple Great job! Can make the difference.

"The worst place I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time

Pros

The benefits are nice. Some fun activities from HR from time to time. Some of the people are amazing to work with.

Cons

Workplace politics are insane. Your efforts are hardly recognized. Complaints/concerns to HR aren't taken seriously.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be trained on how to communicate with their employees. Fear of losing your job is not a proper motivator.

"Market and sell IWP service to attorneys and doctors"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy (More than 5 years)

Pros

Do what is best for patient, doctors, and lawyers. As a sales rep you are making good connections with a company trying to do the right thing in your corner.

Cons

Tons of change. Some good some bad. Transition period now. High income earners are non existent. Company heads have made clear the range reps can make. Was higher in years past

Advice to Management

Listen to your top reps and be transparent with agenda.

"Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office near to my home. Good co workers. Company only match 2% 401K.

Cons

Almost everyone in upper management, talent managers and supervisors all have left the company or were force to leave. Sales manger is gone.Everyone is very nervous, wondering who may be the next one to be let go. Everyone is aware the company is serious financial trouble.New CEO told us he put out money from his own pocket.

"I love IWP!"

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IWP provided great benefits, reimbursement for gym membership up to $400 a year, provided reimbursement for your college education as well. very flexible with schedule and hours . very family like environment . Management always was very respectful and friendly and very much approachable.

Cons

loads of negative employees that bring a family like environment down. if are not happy with your job at IWP then you know where the front OR back door is.

Advice to Management

keep everyone in the loop with any new upcoming changes.
    Ease any possible doubts.

"Disgrace of Management as well as HR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros working for IWP

Cons

The disgrace of the bullies working there. Belittling is not acceptable in any work force, except IWP. Get a grip and move on.

Advice to Management

You need to learn to treat employees with respect and kindness whatever happened to your morals when you treat employees the way management does and HR hides behind closed doors.

"Run aground"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I do not work here anymore.

Cons

Everyone in upper management. They are directly responsible for the demise of what was a great company.

Advice to Management

Don't screw your sales team by hiring people who don't know what they are doing. Most good managers and sales reps are gone due to mis- management.