Injured Workers Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Injured Workers Pharmacy President and CEO Michael Gavin
Michael Gavin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits great pay, friendly working atmosphere lots of invectives (in 5 reviews)

• Coworkers, no weekends, and feel good about helping people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • HR Manager, managers and supervisors (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management changes and budget constraints led to unnecessary layoffs, discrimination and the spread of negative morale (in 4 reviews)

1. "I love IWP!"

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IWP provided great benefits, reimbursement for gym membership up to $400 a year, provided reimbursement for your college education as well. very flexible with schedule and hours . very family like environment . Management always was very respectful and friendly and very much approachable.

Cons

loads of negative employees that bring a family like environment down. if are not happy with your job at IWP then you know where the front OR back door is.

Advice to Management

keep everyone in the loop with any new upcoming changes.
    Ease any possible doubts.

2. "Customer Care Specialist"

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Andover, MA

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

OK benefits for the employees

Cons

You better be in your supervisor good side. All the best people have left. CEO, CFO. HR Manager, managers and supervisors.

Advice to Management

You know and are fully aware the company is struggling financially. Give the opportunity to your employees to find a new employer.

"Disgrace of Management as well as HR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros working for IWP

Cons

The disgrace of the bullies working there. Belittling is not acceptable in any work force, except IWP. Get a grip and move on.

Advice to Management

You need to learn to treat employees with respect and kindness whatever happened to your morals when you treat employees the way management does and HR hides behind closed doors.

"Run!!! They are Firing Employee's Like Crazy!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Everything, no one is safe, and upper management lies to you constantly about job security.

Advice to Management

Be HONEST, Show RESPECT, Get REAL!

"Run aground"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I do not work here anymore.

Cons

Everyone in upper management. They are directly responsible for the demise of what was a great company.

Advice to Management

Don't screw your sales team by hiring people who don't know what they are doing. Most good managers and sales reps are gone due to mis- management.

"bad place to work stay awy"

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time

Pros

no reasons at all there

Cons

everything. get out while u can

Advice to Management

close the doors

7. "Account Retention Specialist"

Former Employee - Account Retention Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Retention Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, no micromanagement, awesome opportunity if you are great at time management and have work ethic. Quotas are responsible as well as compensation. Fun environment.

Cons

Upper management changes and budget constraints led to unnecessary layoffs, discrimination and the spread of negative morale.

Jul 3, 2017 – IWP Management

Dear Former Employee,
    Thank you for your feedback “To improve is to change and to be perfect is to change often” Winston Churchill
    We don’t intend to be perfect; however we are aware that without... More

"Not so good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Iwp has Great health benefits

Cons

Everything is changing and not for the better. They say that they are for the employees but not really. If you know someone in a higher position that's the only way you will move up.

Advice to Management

Be more honest with employees. That's more appreciated than the run around.

Jul 3, 2017 – IWP Management

Dear Former Employee,
    Thank you for your feedback. Five of our promotions in the past year have been employees who excelled in their roles as well as took advantage of our tuition reimbursement... More

"Opportunities with a changing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has changed over the years as the whole workers comp system has also. As a market changes so must companies. Enjoy working at IWP with over 300 employees at 3 sites. Job is challenging , yet in a team effort progress is made.

Cons

Difficult for employees to accept change at time.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and do not be afraid to continue to make the positive changes that need to be made.

Jul 14, 2017 – IWP Management

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate
    your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience
    here. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at... More

"Completely Dishonest Management"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time

Pros

It is a good service, although they keep making changes that reduce their ability to help which diminishes the value proposition. You could make very good money(sales), and benefits were pretty good. They would spend money for nice outings during sales meetings. They tried to make the sales meetings effective. I felt the pharmacy itself was run well in terms of daily operations and abiding by laws and regulations. Enrollment and reimbursement did a fairly good job under the circumstances of bad communication between departments. They were very fair about things like expense accounts and mileage reimbursement.

Cons

This was once a great company with trustworthy people. It has been ruined by bad management in virtually every department. My manager was a compulsive liar. He or she would literally say one thing, and then an hour later say the exact opposite. And then lie that he or she made the original statement. Furthermore, he or she would manipulate and play reps against each other by gossiping and making false statements. They were supposed to help us in the field, but they were generally little help. The management in human resources was pretty useless, and almost seemed to be schizophrenic at times. To justify their existence they came up with this wellness program where you had to do dozens of things to earn all these points to get the good health insurance package. It was a job in and of itself to jump through all these hoops for a benefit that is standard. Marketing management would flip out whenever you asked anything or made a suggestion. They would try to take away effective marketing pieces and never replace them with something. It got to the point where everybody had to make their own marketing pieces. I.T. has always been a joke there to the point where it is a punchline within the company. For the last 2 1/2 years I was there they kept promising to replace our 6 year old broken ipads which never happened. They made a bone-head change to the commission structure where virtually every single sales rep and sales manager said it was a mistake and wouldn't work, yet it remained. And they lost a lot of good people because of it. The person who imposed those changes is gone, but the damage was done. There were many decisions and changes made by somebody who didn't have a sales background, and they will probably be digging out of that hole for a long time. A big problem was that 5 years ago a new management team came in, but they were all friends who worked together before. So I think it was harder for the CEO to see some of the realities due to the fact that he was tight with these people. I actually think the CEO knew what he was doing, he just had some incompetent people under him. They keep changing their policies to the point where it keeps becoming harder and harder to differentiate between the local pharmacy, so their are less reasons for people to use them.

Advice to Management

It seems many of them are being replaced, and I can't say I disagree with it. Ethics and honesty still matter, and that is something the company lost along the way. Have COMMUNICATION between departments, and be able to listen to each other without being easily offended. Everybody should be working together for a common goal, but somehow that got lost along the way.

May 17, 2017 – Director of HR

Dear Former Sales Employee:
    We are sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant experience while working at IWP. Everyone is entitled to express their feelings and clearly you were not a happy... More