Injured Workers Pharmacy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 13, 2017

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Injured Workers Pharmacy President & Chief Executive Officer KENNETH F. MARTINO JR., CPCU
KENNETH F. MARTINO JR., CPCU

1. Featured Review

"New HIre"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with IWP for 60 days and this company is a great one to work for. Everyone was very welcoming and the people all work together toward the department's goals. Open door policy so everyone is communicating. Employees are valued. They care about the person not just the work we are performing. Discounts on Fitbits. Challenges to stay in shape. Glad I made the move to IWP.

Cons

I see no cons to working at IWP

Mar 13, 2017 – IWP Management

Thank you for your feedback. You are right our employees are very welcoming and make this the ideal place to work, we give strong dedication to appreciating our employees and we are very glad you can ... More

2. "Enrollment in Arizona"

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This opportunity is what you make of it. If you work hard you will be recognized an rewarded. You also get to put a smile on peoples face daily who have been abused by the Work Comp. system. The company has a great culture and if people stopped complaining about being treated differently maybe you would realize it. If you are really unhappy about not being included in a coloring contest at another location maybe you should go work somewhere else and understand how good you are treated. This is an awesome company with a great mission statement that is understanding and supports their employees. Management will be flexible with you if you are contributing. I have been treated with respect from every VP or manager I've worked with. Also, our office doesn't work weekends and Major Holidays. They also just changed our shift and we get off at 5:30.

Cons

If you are not good with frequent change or have good time management skills this might not be the thing for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and don't loose the cultural.

3. "Good company, right focus"

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The mission of IWP has always been about providing the patient the care that they need to recovery. The company values support this mission by encouraging all of us to be an advocate for the patient, being dependable, trustworthy, committed and compassionate.

The things that the company does to support the employees is better than most places I have worked. Employee Appreciation Day was last week and a good example. I was thanked by my manager and give 2 movie tickets.

Cons

Some people who aren't doing their jobs are not dealt with timely and are still with the company. It's frustrating to those of us who are dedicated and want the company to succeed.

Advice to Management

Communication needs to be often so that everyone knows what's important to the company. I value the discussion with my supervisor as it helps me feel informed about our direction as a team and as a company.

5. "Excellent Company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would with a bunch of great individuals. Company culture is great. They care about the employees. My experience is wonderful!

Cons

I don't have anything to write in cons.

6. "Great Company, Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for 6 years and truly believe in the company's mission focused on the patient. There are growth opportunities and exceptional benefits available to employees that are umatched in the industry. Employee engagement activities steered by HR, the Spirit Team, and Marketing, is a key driver of employee retention. The Management team has an open door policy, inclusive of the CEO, and will listen and respond to concerns or suggestions of each and every employee. IWP provides career advancement opportunities through tuition reimbursement programs, training, and mentoring cross departments. It is great to work for a company where you look forward to getting out of bed and coming to work each day.

Cons

Sometimes the company gets caught up in the day to day and forgets to highlight the good things that happen each week to the employees. IWP is helping injured workers and we need to remember to translate that to the industry AND our employees.

Advice to Management

Communication and consistency. Ensure that the company's goals and strategic messaging are transmitted below the management level to the employees. Other than that, keep up the great work!

7. "Love the Company"

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time

Pros

Great environment. Positive surroundings. Nice office.

Cons

None at this time. Great place to work.

8. "OK company, unless you work in Phoenix office."

Current Employee - Enrollment in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers & you feel good about helping people. Supervisor is good. Shift got better. No weekeneds.

Cons

Pressure from BDM"s to ship perscriptions that shouldn't ship. AZ location does not get the same treatment as other offices. No awards given with money this year. Nobody listens to us. CEO sent out a message thanking everyone that came to work in a snow storm but nobody thanked us when we worked with no toilets for days. No IT support at night. Spanish Speakers are needed but they do not pay you more like other companies.

Advice to Management

Please remeber you have another location.

Mar 13, 2017 – IWP Management

As always, we appreciate the feedback from any and all employees. Certainly every business has its challenges and management is always trying to find the right solutions. We are constantly finding ... More

9. "Good Company unless you work in AZ"

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers, no weekends, and feel good about helping people.

Cons

This is a good company unless you work in the AZ location. We are a smaller office so we get overlooked for everything. Notice that all the good reviews come out of other locations. If you work in AZ you are treated differently. There is no appreciation for the AZ office. Last week when MA was having snow storms they ordered Pizza for the staff. When we asked if we could get lunch we were told in an email to the company, "No sympathy" since we had nice weather. Next the president sent out an email thanking everyone in Andover who came to work. What about the people in AZ? There was no snowstorm but we had to come to work multiple times when our toilets were broken. There was poop on the floor a couple times from the toilets backing up and NOBODY sent us an email thanking us for working in bad conditions. Another time we lost power and everyone stayed to see if they could go back to work and it was 110 degrees outside. We all waited for an hour in the heat and we heard nothing. In the past we've always had awards however, this year only our MA and CA offices get awards. We do have an awards dinner but we don't get any prizes with Money like the other locations.

Advice to Management

Remember you have another location and include them in events. Give them the same as your other locations

10. "Having Fun at IWP"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company mission - helping patients get the medications they need to get healthy and back to work. Helping people is a rewarding experience.
    IWP provides career development - tuition reimbursement and training programs. The company has been growing so there are advancement opportunities. They also do an annual survey of employees and act on employee suggestions. Even with the company growing, they try to make it fun coming to work everyday.

Cons

The company should share more information about the good things they do for patients

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to employees more than just the annual survey

Jan 12, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback, we will be working diligently in 2017 to obtain more employee feedback and ways to improve our engagement. We appreciate you and all you do at IWP.

11. "Great Company Great People"

I have been working at Injured Workers Pharmacy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I think IWP is an amazing place to work. I have worked here for 3 years and couldn't say I have had a better employer. I think our overall mission statement is something we truly drive home and gives each employee something to feel good about. I have worked in both the Claims department and Enrollment department. Both of my bosses from each department have been nothing but encouraging for me to move up and further myself not only within the company but within my life. I have had 3 positions in the company and have loved each one just a bit more than the last. I do think this company really tries to listen to their employees and please everyone to the best of their ability. They are always encouraging friendly competition around the holidays for a pizza party or some sports tickets up for grabs. We are lucky enough to work at a smaller company where you have a good sense of community and family rather than robotic day by day routine with higher ups that wouldn't know you if you past them in the grocery store.

Cons

It is hard for me to find negative things to say because I carry a mentality where you can't possibly expect be catered to in every aspect at your job. You have to just make sure the good outweighs the bad which I certainly believe it does here. Something that could be improved is the unity amongst departments. The employees barely know each other due to staggered shifts, placement amongst the building, and they don't share kitchens. It can feel you don't even work for the same company. Also, where there is internal support for growth the higher you go the more you flat line. It is a bit discouraging when it is hard to see yourself going much further than where you are if there is just simply not a position for a higher level in your department. All in all it is still a GREAT place to work and I see myself here for as long as they'll have me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Don't let negative employees or people's greed interfere with what is truly important; the patients!

Dec 29, 2016 – HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We strive to create a culture where all employees are happy to be with us and join us every day, and we are glad you see that in our day to day ... More