Inktel Reviews in Miami Lakes, FL | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
J. Ricky Arriola

Pros
Cons
  • And there isn't much room for growth (in 4 reviews)

• Unprofessional, no room for growth, employees working 15 (in 5 reviews)

1. "Call center agent"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Inktel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are wonderful there.

Cons

No cons I can say as of yet

2. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Monica Rivera Walmart.com Supervisor in Miami Lakes, FL
    Former Employee - Monica Rivera Walmart.com Supervisor in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Inktel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They do not micro manage their employees and they trust that they will make the right decision. They give the customer service reps. incentives. Conduct power hours for to motivate sales for an hour or two

Cons

Truthfully the only con is that the incentives and power hours are not extended at the supervisor level to reward us for the hard work we are completing closing deals for the agents with the callers and making that sale possible

Advice to Management

do not only focus on the agents show management appreciation day or night shift so the management team knows they are doing as well as the agents. provide the supervisors with positive reinforcement.

3. "Bad Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Inktel (Less than a year)

Pros

No Pros at all, there is nothing good about working for that shabby job

Cons

DONT EVER WORK THERE, Rude supervisors, dirty place, rowdy ghetto people,

"We deserve a raise"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Miami Lakes, FL

Pros

You learn a lot. Culture creates a few opportunities for fun. Growth opportunities. Potlucks and other team building activities.

Cons

Pay leaves much to be desired. Upper management is dishonest. Claim to have a passion for people and service, but no concern for how "necessary" changes impact the lives of employees. You aren't able to have a difference of opinion without it resulting in a meeting or a "coaching opportunity" very unprofessional. Lots of favoritism. They create positions only to take them away once people become interested or allow people to interview but give them a multitude of reasons why they are not "ready" for promotion or worse bit entitled to a raise. Constant additions to the workload. Selective recognition. False claims of "open-door" policies. People are not paid what they are worth. Management gets credited with work that the people under them have done.

Advice to Management

People ARE motivated by money. We all have a desire to feel acknowledged and definitely want to be recognized, but all the certificates and recognition emails in the world could not pay a bill or buy anything. Be more transparent in things that affect your employees lives.

"inktel the dustiest dirtiest smelliest place to work"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Miami Lakes, FL
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Inktel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing really to say as far as positive pay starts at 10 an hour and stats ten and hour lol

Cons

Unprofessional, no room for growth, employees working 15+ years no raise, all the supervisors are related or long childhood friends, if u want to be on their good side u have to be in their clique. Really dirty!

Advice to Management

Be more professional

"Enjoyed My Time at Inktel"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent/Quality Analyst/Administrative Agent in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Inktel (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people that I worked with and the opportunities I was given to grow. The training was extensive and people in higher positions than me were often willing to do what they could to mentor me. I was able to move into different positions and contribute to the organization through many facets during my time there. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be where I am as a professional today had it not been for my experience and training from Inktel.

Cons

I only left Inktel because of the pay structure and lack of pay increases for the agents while I worked there. I don't know if much has changed in the last 4 years.

Advice to Management

Make room for merit increases on an annual basis instead of paying everyone the same flat rate. I understand that agents have the opportunity to qualify for incentive pay but sometimes even that is not enough. When I worked there, people who had been with the company for 5+ years were making the same base pay as me.

Inktel Response

Nov 30, 2015 – Talent Management

We're so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience at Inktel and congrats on your recent move! Thank you for your wonderful response and suggestions - we understand there is always room ... More

8. "Great developmental program"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Inktel full-time

Pros

Inktel gives everyone the opportunity to grow within the company. They not only developed me professionally but also personally.

Cons

Raises are pretty difficult to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Give the representatives a good shot to develop if you can trust them.

"IM QUITTING !"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami Lakes, FL

Pros

MIKE RAMOS Was The Best Supervisor EVER ! If It Wasn't For Him And Some Of The Employees I Don't Think I Would Have Made It. Mike Made The Work Environment So Much Fun And CHILLED. I Enjoyed Coming To Work Now That He's Gone The Program That He Supervise Has Gone Down The Drain. When I First Started Working Here The Pay Was OK. They Work With Your School Schedule (MAYBE). The Hours I Work Is 8:30-5 NOT BAD AT ALL...

Cons

Getting Paid TWO Times In A Month, (on the 7th and 22nd if one of the two dates is on a weekend you will get paid Friday or Monday), If You Don't Kiss Butt You Get Higher Management Butt To Kiss. FAVORITISM At It's FINEST. The Environment Puts Me In The Mind Of A Highschool, ALOT OF DRAMA. NO RAISE, THE BONUSES ARE HORRIBLE, IF YOUR WORK HOURS IS AFTER 9 THERE IS NO PARKING & THIS WORK PLACE IS DUSTY.

Advice to Management

CLEAN THIS WORK ENVIRONMENT. ACKNOWLEDGE GREAT WORKERS... Don't Expect Agents To Assist Supervisor With Supervisor WORK With No PAY Raise.

"Something for everyone!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami Lakes, FL

Pros

The best part of the company is the people who work there. Inktel has a unique culture and very diverse people. There are programs for sales, customer service, catering and whatever may be your niche. You can definitely grow with the company and consider it a stable/long term job.

Cons

Like anything in life, it is what you make it. If you give it your best, you can accomplish many things: a better schedule, bonus, a higher position, etc. The people who complain are probably the very people who did not commit and put their best foot forward. Inktel believes in promoting from within and they're willing to train and develop you; you have to want it and show that you have what it takes!

11. "Easy to work with and rewarding"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami Lakes, FL

Pros

The people are friendly and positive. It is easy to talk to supervisors and managers. It was a great experience overall.

Cons

The holiday season is crazy, it was hard to find parking with so many people working.