Inlanta Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Inlanta Mortgage President and CEO Nicholas J. DelTorto
Nicholas J. DelTorto

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company! Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Home Office Employee in Pewaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Home Office Employee in Pewaukee, WI

I have been working at Inlanta Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior management listens to employees and makes changes based on feedback. The company is committed to making Inlanta a top workplace and it shows through it employee-friendly policies and laid-back, yet high producing culture.

Cons

None that I can think of. It's great!

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to what employees really want and need to be successful and happy at Inlanta.

Feb 15, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the awesome review! We greatly appreciate your feedback and will continue listening to our employees to improve and grow.

2. "Loan Officer"

I have been working at Inlanta Mortgage full-time

Pros

Honest and Ethical great employer.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Feb 15, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are so glad you enjoy being a part of Team Inlanta!

"Good Entry-Level Job but Don't Stay Too Long"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Pewaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Pewaukee, WI

I worked at Inlanta Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many kind people in this company, including the founder and his son, countless Loan Officers, Underwriters, and managers. The work environment and meeting vibe was relaxed. I met one of my best friends here. I was able to get the established time I needed on my resume to move on to a better job. Overall, I am appreciative of the experience I gained working at Inlanta, but in the end, the cons outweighed the pros. Thank you!

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement, especially financially. Department morale is low due to constant criticism, high expectation, little direction from management, and low pay/reward. Very stuck in tradition.

Management provides little direction and leadership. Only interested in "high level" elbow rubbing, and does not want to project manage or provide support to the team. Passive aggressive, manipulative and brags a lot about who they know. Management assigns extra work outside your job description with no incentive, and labels it is "developing your skills" (which you actually have no interest in gaining because it is outside of your field), and is really just giving you more work so they don't have to do it themselves or hire another person to take on those tasks. This gives the staff less time to work on what they were actually hired to do and experts in.

We are expected to perform outside our field without training because "we know more than we think". (Most of the department is entry level and no, I don't have any experience in Marketing. That's not what I went to school for). I will do what you ask, but you have to show me how. And while you're at it, compensate me for it, seeing that you are now asking me to be a Graphic Designer, Copy Writer, AND Marketing Specialist).

To make things worse, if you aren't on board with it and totally psyched to be there every moment of the day (like the kind of energy you would find if you were a designer making 70k+ a year at Google, Facebook, etc. with a rec-room, on-site ping-pong, Starbucks, free samples, etc.) you will be treated like you are either lazy, or not on board with the "vision" for the department.
    Reminder: this is a tiny under-funded department in the mortgage industry...nothing any under-paid/under-supported designer will be that level of excited over....ever. We come in with a good attitude, do the best we can with what we have, make the impact we can make, and go home. You get what you pay for.

Everyone in the department now feels as though their job is not secure (all while being over-worked and underpaid.)

Advice to Management

Company-wide:
    Include the entire company, not just the branches, in the #TeamInlanta #CultureisEverything promise. Every company has a culture, but some are good and others are bad. “Maybe if we say ‘culture’ enough times they will start to believe it is reason enough to grow content with their pay.” Fair pay and vacation time would convince me that I matter much more than a birthday lunch or a hashtag. Working 5 years before just 3 weeks of vacation is terrible (in comparison to countless companies.) We love to advertise our support of family, but sorry, you can’t visit yours out of state because you only get 2 weeks in an entire year, and not even the Friday after Thanksgiving or the Monday before Christmas.

Marketing-specific:
    Having to constantly “prove” yourself is insulting.
    Crack down on the brand. Command authority in Marketing's areas of expertise instead of letting the branches do as they wish because you are more afraid to lose their business than to solidify the brand. They do not have formal training in marketing or design, but the marketing department does. Trust this. Give them the power to make the company what it could be if only they had the time and support to lead the brand. This will produce strategic, systematic marketing materials for the masses of the company, giving the sales force quality (consistency/distinction) over quantity (amateurism/noise).
    Make sure there is a good relationship between managers and staff.

Feb 15, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comprehensive feedback. We are striving as a company to grow and improve every day and your input is important to us. We are happy to share that... More

"Little training"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Inlanta Mortgage (More than a year)

Pros

Very cool people and a laid back corporate culture!

Cons

There on boarding is poor. Also lead generation is far behind the times. Being that it’s a franchise business (they refuse to call it that) success is HIGHLY dependent on a good “manager”

Advice to Management

Make sure your managers have the ability to proper on board new LOs

Feb 15, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for providing us with your feedback! We truly value the opinions of our employees and as we continue to improve our policies and procedures, we will keep your input in mind.

"Don't trust their employment offers"

I have been working at Inlanta Mortgage full-time

Pros

none that i can see

Cons

Bad training and unhealthy work environment
    Lies in interview vs actual job

Feb 15, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Employee satisfaction is a top priority for Inlanta and we will be taking your review into consideration as we work to improve our company growth and... More

6. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Wayland, MI
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Wayland, MI

I have been working at Inlanta Mortgage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Inlanta Mortgage creates an entrepreneurial environment with a corporate culture built on values, solid business practices, and integrity.

Cons

Not applicable at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Jun 21, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the great review! We are so grateful to have you on our team and sincerely appreciate your feedback!

7. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Inlanta Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have the freedom to manage and operate my branch as I want too, with the guidance from a solid management team.

Cons

nothing, nada, none, zippo, zero, zilch even

Jun 21, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We love to hear this! Thank you for providing us with your genuine insight. We love having you on our team. #TeamInlanta

8. "Love Team Inlanta!"

I have been working at Inlanta Mortgage full-time

Pros

Great culture, strong values, positive work environment, room to grow, good upper management, annual bonus, open-door policy

Cons

Vacation policy is a little outdated. Could definitely use a more modern upgrade

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Jun 21, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We love having you on Team Inlanta! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review.

9. "company"

Pros

top notch leaders, training, tools

Cons

no leads; all cold calling

Jun 21, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you so much for your review! As a valued member of our team, we want you to know that your feedback is very important to us.

10. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Inlanta Mortgage full-time

Pros

Strong culture, great office close to everything, team huddle on Fridays, love the people!

Cons

Work hard, play hard - vacation policy is minimum and Christmas Eve is not considered a paid holiday.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the company moving forward and on/ahead of pace of our competitors!