Cover image for Inmar

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Inmar Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 15, 2021

77 Comments

Tech

566.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Inmar~322106
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Inmar? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Inmar employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and a very unique industry.(in 41 reviews)
  • "Autonomy and they provide good benefits(in 40 reviews)
  • "Pay was good(in 29 reviews)
  • "The culture is great for someone starting out in their career.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Good coworkers, time off, 401k match(in 13 reviews)
Cons
  • "Terrible management and vey 'clickish' environment.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Employees feel under trained and under supported and nitpicked to death.Almost like managers are bored and have nothing to do but think of roadblocks to our job and assign an arbitrary value to it.Disregarding reality..Some employees feel like Managers need to be impartial as well and not reserve opportunities for personal friends.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Upper Management is clueless about what goes on day(in 12 reviews)
  • "Where is management.Oh that's right in meetings.Meetings not helping their underlings better service clients.Meetings on how better training could be provided.Nope.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Leadership is always talking about communication but things rarely change, very concerned about presence in W(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Inmar and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee

Terrible middle management esp in acctg & finance

Nov 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some bright stars Interesting business Beautiful location in WS

Cons

Management not held accountable for their poor performance or horrible management practices. Work life balance DOES NOT exist in acctg & finance

9 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0

Great place to work

Mar 23, 2022 - Assistant Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of innovation. Remote friendly workplace

Cons

Work life balance is challenging

3. Join the Inmar team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Boomerang, and it Feels So Good

Mar 18, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for a company that was acquired by Inmar in the past. Due to personal reasons, I did not accept the offer to stay on with them at the time. Now 2.5 years later, I am back to working for Inmar in a new position, and I've never been happier. Pros include: - Excellent salary - You start with 4 weeks of PTO - Management is invested in their employees; if you are not able to be successful in a role, they will work to find something better suited for you - Good work/life balance as long as you have personal boundaries around that - Permanent WFH-friendly - HR is responsive and pleasant - Extremely diverse portfolio of products and services; there's no all eggs in one basket approach here - Plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development

Cons

- The references to their employees as "Inmarians" takes a little getting used to. It comes off a but cultish at first, but it's quirky rather than ominous.

Inmar Response

Inmar's Response

We are so glad to have you back! Our goal is to provide you the very best support and environment to share your talent, grow and take care of those special to you. And we'll wear "quirky" as a badge of honor!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company with a family culture

Apr 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and generous paid time off

Cons

Not the best work life balance

6. 4.0

Good overall

Mar 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting projects Mostly good natured co-workers

Cons

Work life balance at times Some pushy middle-management

7. 3.0

Growth opportunity slow

Oct 18, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance and learning

Cons

Low pay, very slow advancement opportunity

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

have worked at better work place

Jan 19, 2021 - Bilingual Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

not much to add in the pro list

Cons

very difficult work life balance

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Current Employee

Not good at training you

Aug 30, 2022 - Client Development Director in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance is good

Cons

no good training for new employees

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Easygoing, but stagnant

Feb 27, 2022 - Software Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, the company holds true to its commitment to a healthy work-life balance; I never felt pressured to work more than required and wasn't made to feel guilty for taking time off. This fosters a more laid-back, easygoing culture among the employees; transitioning to a fully remote paradigm was seamless. There was also good collaboration, both within and across teams.

Cons

Unfortunately, below the veneer of typical glittering generalities parroted by HR, Inmar does not make good on its claims. The compensation model and health benefits are subpar at best. I was constantly reassured of the innumerable opportunities for career growth, but after being employed for over 5 years I still found myself stagnating.

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

No worklife balance

Nov 19, 2019 - Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO Days and casual dress. Nice office,

Cons

No work life balance and no one cares. Burn out is high. No real bonus.

6 people found this review helpful

Work at Inmar? Share Your Experiences

Inmar logo

Inmar Careers

Cover image for Inmar

Do work and play really need to be separate? We don't think so. Whether at our LEED platinum-certified headquarters or our locations...More

• Leadership
  • History
  • Benefits
  • Headquarters

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

1067 days ago

What better on a chilly day than not having to venture out for lunch...collard greens, mac and cheese, warm apples, (and salads, too). Oh my...
Shared image

1692 days ago

NC Tech Talk Live at Inmar headquarters: Retaining Top Talent in an Ultra-Competitive Job Market. Greg Kerr, Chief Technology and Product Officer, Inmar, and other tech leaders engaged in a timely, interactive panel discussion about challenges faced in IT talent retention and actionable steps to help minimize your IT organization’s attrition rate. @nctechtour
Shared image

Inmar Photos

+ Add Photo
Inmar photo of: The atrium of our LEED platinum-certified facility provides magnificent natural light and a central gathering place.
Inmar photo of: Learning and fun - every day!
Inmar photo of: Empowering Girls Day
Inmar photo of: Going red for American Heart Association
Inmar photo of: Teamwork at its best Inmar and newly acquired Collective Bias set Guinness World Record!
Inmar photo of: Inmar's headquarters located in the nation's fastest-growing research park
Inmar photo of: Inmar associates have access to all that downtown offers, including the opportunity for walking meetings.

Expert Career Advice

Reynolds American

2.3

1,447 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 470 Inmar reviews submitted anonymously by Inmar employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Inmar is right for you.