InnerWorkings Print Production Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
InnerWorkings Eric D. Belcher
Eric D. Belcher

Pros
Cons
  • little room for growth for an individual looking to grow within a company (in 5 reviews)

• poor upper management and it seemed like everyone was only out for themselves (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Print Production Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for InnerWorkings was a great job. The pay was good and the atmeosphere was good. Time off was average with the industry. Work was steady and there was always something to do.

Cons

There is a bit of micro-managing that was overwhelming. Training was not really there, hands on was the only way to learn. Management is too focused on numbers, which is not always the way to look at things.

"Overall good company, but your experience may vary with the client account you're assigned."

Current Employee - Senior Print Production Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Print Production Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Progressive company with good working business model and reputation. Large in scale with a global presence. It's nice to know you're a part of a global organization. Good work and life balance. The upper management is good and communicates well about company performance and its goals for growth.

Cons

As a Production Manager your experience will vary and is based on the client specific account you're working on and managing. My client is very difficult, and the account financials directly impact your own professional growth, annual reviews and merit raises regardless of how well InnerWorkings is doing financially. I've seen lots of turn-over throughout the years, and the company would rather let you go, then re-assign you to a better fitting opportunity to match your true skills.

Advice to Management

The upper management is good and communicates well to its staff on the company's financial performance, new accounts, achievements and its goals for future growth.

InnerWorkings Response

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I believe it is important to engage employees in the broader strategy of the company and have each person understand/see how they can make an impact on the success of the ... More

3. "Being a Print Production Manager for IW was a fast paced and production heavy position."

Former Employee - Print Production Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Print Production Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and extensive range of products to know and buy for

Cons

Too much paperwork with each job (over 10 new per day) to do the intended job, but good experience. Just wish there was a better idea of where the account was and was going.

Advice to Management

Let your employees know what is going on and where things need to be headed. Don't just leave them hanging and expect that they know when you haven't told anyone else.

"Innerworkings Pro/Con"

Former Employee - Print Production Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of work/accounts
    Bonus having a warehouse attached to branch

Cons

Poor quality upper management in Chicago, IL.
    Poor quality manager in Plano, TX.
    Hostile work environment- manage via intimidation/bullying
    Too few employees to cover major accounts

Advice to Management

Initiate a safe vehicle for employees to share actual work environment
    Remove the Plano Branch management

5. "Company with work/life balance who cares for the employee. I highly recommend InnerWorking."

Former Employee - Print Production Manager
    Former Employee - Print Production Manager

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company cares for their employees. The management staff is exceptional and very supportive, they treat you as part of a team and you are valued.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints about the company. We were in a high stress situation but the management staff was very supportive and empathetic to what the team was experiencing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. All the management staff has been encouraging and supportive. I would still gladly work for the company if they had an account back in my area.

InnerWorkings Response

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your positive experience! Our employees are what drive the success of our organization, and I’m glad to hear you had a supportive and encouraging ... More