InnerWorkings Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
InnerWorkings Eric D. Belcher
Eric D. Belcher

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good atmosphere with a lot of great people" (in 15 reviews)

• "Great management, good communication, great work environment" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Little to no upward mobility, completely focused on results and getting the job done by whatever means possible" (in 7 reviews)

• "little room for growth for an individual looking to grow within a company" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work with advancement opportunities!"

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Senior management is accessible
    -Very career focused individuals who provide growth opportunities
    -Casual work environment
    -A lot of cross functional projects to take part in
    -Co-workers come from all over since we are global - you get to meet a lot of people
    -Most managers here are sharp and they take the time to educate you in their areas of expertise

Cons

-Pay could be a bit higher but it's still pretty comparable to other places

Advice to Management

N/A

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing growth opportunities!
    Wonderful work/life balance
    Casual work environment

Cons

Pay could be a bit higher

3. "Good experience for entry level initiation into corporate environment but little appreciation for hard work"

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot very quickly and earn new responsibilities daily if you can keep up. You get to work with big name clients and learn valuable skills to take with you.

Cons

While the work environment and tasks are enjoyable, very little to no compensation changes occur with gained responsibilities. There is a high turn over rate with this company because they will literally work you to death until you quit, using you for just as little compensation as they can. Even large promotions and title changes come with very minimal pay increases. For someone fresh out of college with little to no corporate experience, this place is great! I learned a lot that I am able to take with me now but it was disappointing that they don't want to spend the money to retain the talent that they developed. The culture is also not very friendly for families with children. You were looked at as more of a burden and less of an asset if you had children and were not offered as many opportunities to travel or take on other projects. Requesting time off for children's illnesses, appointments or school events definitely affected my progress with the company. Definitely not a family friendly company. For young, single, unmarried people, that do not care about a work/life balance this place is a good place to start. Career-wise and long-term, it wasn't somewhere I could plant roots.

Advice to Management

Reward the people you have and retain the talent that you develop better. Be more flexible and understanding of families and work/life balances.

4. "Amazing Culture"

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

Amazing Culture, very nice colleagues.

Cons

Management needs to get a handle on how lean the teams are as well as spending.

5. "Inwk"

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

Flexible work environment, lots of opportunities to explore new ideas, open door management, friendly employees.

Cons

Little to no upward mobility, completely focused on results and getting the job done by whatever means possible. Employees are like a revolving door, and the "culture" is that everyone's bonding over counting down the hours to leave.

Advice to Management

You're losing a lot of talented workers by failing to treat them as individuals.
    Nobody I know has any idea where the company is headed beyond the next quarter, and most feel undervalued. Set your sights beyond next month's bottom line, invest in your work force and grow up from that "start-up" mentality of making stuff up as you go along.

"Account Manager"

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

none that I can recall

Cons

Company doesn't take of their employees - more about numbers than people

"Business Analyst"

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

People are nice. CEO is great, friendly guy. Finance team is great.

Cons

Kind of a joke company. They promote the "create your own path" route but there really isn't any truth to that. Finance team is great, everyone is cool so if you are looking to join that team, it's a good group. HR just hides in the back and doesn't even know what's going on with the employees. They think it's not appropriate for people to have relationships with them but you are human resources...? You should get to know all of your employees. They only talk to people who will do something for their career or who is 'worth' their time.

InnerWorkings Response

Apr 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm glad to hear that your experience with the Finance team was positive. We are constantly working to build enthusiastic and energetic teams. Regarding your... More

"Run! Don't work here!"

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are zero pros. All pros are squashed by management.

Cons

All they care about is numbers. They don't care about employees or customers. They have no idea what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage. Treat employees and customers with respect. Employees and customers are what keeps you in business.

"Print company becoming a Tech company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice culture, free fruit & beverages, great location.

Cons

Pay isn't comparable to other tech companies.

Advice to Management

Pay like other companies that hire for the same positions. Chicago is becoming one of the biggest Tech hubs in the country. In order to compete with other companies that are hiring, I would recommend increasing pay for current employees and new hires. The benefits of this company are good, but it could definitely be improved.

10. "InnerWorkings Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office was nice. Training was good. Teams work closely together.

Cons

Upper management is corrupt. Have a hard time internally growing. Lower than normal wages.

Advice to Management

Be more accessible to those who are willing to give ideas. Be open to putting new ideas in place.