InnerWorkings Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
InnerWorkings Eric D. Belcher
Eric D. Belcher

Pros
Cons
  • The compensation is average and the corporate model is very flat so not a lot of room for growth if you are young (in 4 reviews)

• poor upper management and it seemed like everyone was only out for themselves (in 6 reviews)

1. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, convenient office location and clean office space

Cons

Management is lack of vision and project management skills

Advice to Management

Do not to hire people based on personal relationship

"Production Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

None!!! You'd be better off working at Walmart.

Cons

Sleazy business practices abound. Be careful if you work here as your professional integrity will be compromised. I'll be surprised if the company lasts another year due to illegal business practices.

Advice to Management

Hire more corporate attorneys. You're going to need them!

Oct 31, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition & Development

Thank you for your review. We hold ourselves to high, ethical business practices, and if you felt that was not being maintained, please reach out to me directly. I’d like to get more details ... More

"Mid-West former Employee"

Former Employee - Production Manager in Mid Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Mid Florida, FL

Pros

The corporate staff and headquarters is pretty cool and the people in HR are great.

Cons

Everything else. You are not micro-managed, you are SUPER micro managed, every email copied to someone. That treat you like dirt and use you and spit you out. You are now reviewed every quarter. I've never worked in a company that treated people so poorly. I left after six months. I would rather dig ditches that work for them. It was horrible and the worst experience of my life. You are just a machine, entering data all day, no training, just WHY DID YOU DO THAT.

Advice to Management

Sell the company before it's to late.

Feb 15, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I’m disappointed to hear about your negative experience with us, and would welcome the opportunity to gain a better understanding of your situation and how we can improve ... More

"TERRIBLE COMPANY, TERRIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT, DULL PEOPLE"

Former Employee - Work Horse in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Work Horse in New York, NY

Pros

There are honestly no pros.

Cons

HR? Who is HR and when do they actually care about the well being of employees in this company? They don't manage ANYTHING. There is no clear path to grow in this company or any role. Teams are very separate from one another and so no one has any idea what goes on in a team's day-to-day. Disjointed, Unprofessional, Miserable Work environment and overall company.

Advice to Management

Look at your teams and assess them better. Give aid to teams that need it and bring your company together as a unit.

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry you had a negative experience with InnerWorkings. As the Head of HR I can tell you that I do care deeply about our employees and have worked hard to try and ... More

"Great ideas, but poor management"

Former Employee - Production Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and energetic company.

Cons

Looks the other way many times when people do the wrong thing. Talked a good game, but never really produced. Everything was always a fire drill.

Advice to Management

Know who your manager's are and what they are doing. They are taking money from you!

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoy our energetic and fun work environment. Working in an entrepreneurial environment like ours, I know can at times lead to “fire drill” situations ... More

"Horrible Company"

Former Employee - Production Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Production Manager in New York, NY

Pros

No Pros.... just work, work, work. No respect and never a complement. HR... forget it they stick with the executives to what they say.

Cons

Horrible company stay away. They will do what ever it takes to make the client happy with no respect to you. HR....what HR? No HR what's so ever in the NY office and they have no clue what dishonest things go on there.

Advice to Management

Listen to your worker and not only your clients.

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your candid feedback. As a growing organization with an entrepreneurial environment, we’ve all had to put in long hours, but respect and appreciation should never be compromised. Over ... More

"Right arm has no idea what left arm is doing"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None that comes to mind

Cons

Complete lack management competence. Absolutely no communication of vision or goals. Growth of company has only occurred by buying smaller companies in core competency. After acquisition is complete INWK totally disregards valued relationships that had been established by purchased company and in turn loses the business. See stick trend and how it mirrors loss if strategic customers. Worst of all acting CEO found it appropriate to sell stick at height of success knowing several large companies were in the process of firing INWK .

Advice to Management

Communicate with each other.

"No Management for Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Newark, NJ

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You go out and prospect. If you bring in business, great. If you don't, you are gone.

Cons

They are very hands off. No support. No training. No management to go to for help. Strictly a lone wolf company. All the salesmen are very territorial. If they hear a lead, they will take it without you looking. GlenGarry Glenn Ross. Management does not care.

Advice to Management

Take more care and interest in your sales people, or just don't hire them.

"Run, don't walk, away from this company."

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, especially at the "junior" levels -- hard working, driven and interesting. Too bad this is the wrong place for them.

Cons

No real strategic direction or vision. Senior management needs to be turned over and rebooted if this place is going to last.

"Poor management, and business model is nothing new."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good production folks behind the scenes. The office space in Chicago is very cool.

Cons

Lacking in vision and competitive edge. Innerworkings is just another print broker. Outlook is dim.

The morals are pretty bad, where competition amongst fellow sales reps and within sales groups is encouraged to a fault. Your accounts are given no protection against management swooping in and taking them for the "benefit of the company."

What is really lacking is a strong team dynamic, where there is enthusiasm for the company, brand, and services. This went out the window a year ago and typically follows the stock price. For example, the company holiday party is two weeks after the holidays in order to save money on the venue.

Advice to Management

Find better management starting at the top. Invest in your people in the form of training, sales getaways, awards, and bonuses. "Give a boy a fishing line and he will fish for a day, teach the boy how to fish and he eats for a liftetime."