InnerWorkings Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
InnerWorkings Eric D. Belcher
Eric D. Belcher

Pros
  • The company is loaded with very smart people - great place to learn and grow (in 11 reviews)

• I worked with a lot of great people (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The compensation is average and the corporate model is very flat so not a lot of room for growth if you are young (in 4 reviews)

• poor upper management and it seemed like everyone was only out for themselves (in 6 reviews)

1. "Inside Sales Team was a work in progress"

Pros

Fun, dynamic team environment. The people made the job

Cons

Still figuring out how to sell in the small business market. A lot of smoke and mirrors in how they communicate with reps and show professional development

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the team and listen to them based on changes that need to happen

2. "Senior Print Production Manager"

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary. Corporate headquarters and the people within are very nice and accommodating. Supplies new equipment to new employees, not refurbished to death antiquated equipment. All departments available to help with on-site employees.

Cons

Set-ups for new accounts, especially in new fields they are unfamiliar with, are poor. Due to not understanding the new client thoroughly, rate cards are weak, staff is not set up well, and sales promises the new client anything they want without scoping out how this will affect the on-site staff. Account Managers need to be more seasoned. Health benefits are very pricey.

Advice to Management

Research much better new accounts that are in new fields to the company, so set-up and staffing are balanced to the new client's needs. Understanding cause/effect of promising the new client anything they want may not be beneficial to the company or staff.

3. "Production Associate"

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

The New York office has really great people

Cons

The pay is too low, and be prepared to be micromanaged. Not much room for growth

Advice to Management

Try not to micromanage someone when they are performing well

5. "Business Development Specialist"

Pros

Great place to start out.

Cons

Management is extremely unorganized and its difficult to move up.

"Senior Production Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

i don't see any positives with this position.

Cons

Some of the management has NO production experience. It is all about the bottom line. Can not develop a business relationship with vendors. It all comes down to the cheapest cost (and the problems that come with that requirement.)

Advice to Management

The business model is what is is. Just know this before accepting a position with them.

"Not a place for a career"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at InnerWorkings (More than 5 years)

Pros

An office manager who baked and took the time to acknowledge birthdays. As a freelancer I had flexible schedules and took off when I needed to. Unpaid of course.

Cons

The office I worked in was once a privately owned family company bought out by InnerWorkings so the office environment never changed to reflect a branch of the large corporation INWK is. There were still pictures of the previous owner showcasing his money and life hung around the office. Very tacky. His wife would show up unannounced talking really loudly and disruptively. There were clearly favorites in the office who got away with everything and anything. A department "manager" who would show up whenever, sometimes after 11am and leave whenever after taking a two-hour lunch. There was no HR on site and NO accountability here. And when you tried to voice your concerns as they sometimes affected production schedules and people were waiting for their work you were literally told, "I don't want to hear it." And since that department manager was one of mine she didn't really care about any issues within her department, nor do I think she managed anything. She clearly didn't care and said as much. The rest of the freelance staff (and all of us had been there for years) were constantly discussing how to make things better or more efficient, but management didn't want to hear it or change anything. I had problems with a fellow employee that was an HR manner and no one would address it. I don't understand how you can run a company this way and let one of your branch offices operate like this. The office itself was very outdated and SO dirty in the break room. Nothing was ever cleaned. I was constantly wiping everything with bleach. I can't see how any potential or visiting clients would be impressed. No wonder they lost clients. They also did a lot of "under the table" work for people FREE. The designers were asked to take their time to design and create personal correspondence and family invitations and announcements for friends of the office president. All FREE. We didn't get compensated for that. There's so much wrong in this office I can't even capture it all here. I would be writing a novel.

Advice to Management

Corporate INWK. Please take a look at your Blue Bell office. It is way behind the times in technology and appearance. There is no accountability for any of the actions of its coworkers. Some people sit around and do ONE thing all day, some do nothing. Not a good use of resources. Others get away with everything. Terrible work environment.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Business model is easy to sell. Easy to increase procurement experience and vendor network.

Cons

No real growth opportunities. Poor management.

Advice to Management

Who's in charge, management or sales staff? Salaries and benefits need to be competitive to keep and grow employees.

"The class action lawsuit says it all."

Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

The rank and file. Good people. I thoroughly enjoyed most of my co-workers.

Cons

The mission statement should read, "Make money for the CEO and CFO. Don't talk to us unless you are. Otherwise, make yourself useful and pick up our dry-cleaning". The CEO doesn't like to spend much time with the common rabble who actually make this company work. He gets rid of anyone who disagrees with him and surrounds himself with mini-me yes men. Google "Class Action Investor Lawsuit", read that document, and then run away from this place.

Advice to Management

It's time to move on. You've milked this cow long enough.

"Get everything from them in writing"

Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can work remotely at home

Cons

They will try to move your accounts to house to avoid commission.

Advice to Management

Get everything in writing

"Cattle Call, hire and fire"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dress code is laid back, great food trucks outside the office. Free shuttle transportation is convenient with the shuttle bus (to Union, Oglvey, downtown, Red line, Brown line.)

Cons

Upper management is always changing. You'll have to move desk every other month. Everyone secretly hates it, but never leaves.