InnerWorkings Reviews | Glassdoor

InnerWorkings Eric D. Belcher
Eric D. Belcher

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little room for growth for an individual looking to grow within a company (in 5 reviews)

• poor upper management and it seemed like everyone was only out for themselves (in 6 reviews)

1. "Account Manager"

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

Hands on experience
    Opportunity of meet with high level clients

Cons

Lack of career growth

2. "Good but could be better"

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

Laid-back, great co-workers, good pay.

Cons

Easy to get lost in the shuffle, lack of middle-management means upper management is overworked and this leads to inaction with man account.

Advice to Management

Hire more middle-managers on accounts and internally to improve client and employee relations.

"Production Manager"

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

Good exposure to clients when I was on site at the location. I enjoyed my closest coworkers and they were extremely intelligent.

Cons

poor upper management and it seemed like everyone was only out for themselves. little room for growth for an individual looking to grow within a company.

Advice to Management

Try and engage with the employees more so that they feel like they are being invested in otherwise you will not retain ambitious people looking to grow.

Mar 18, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed working with our clients and inwk team. We work with managers to identify internal talent and provide opportunities across accounts, and in fact, had... More

"Chicago Headquarter Office"

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

If you thrive in a corporate environment, then this is the place for you. It's a great place to work if you have enough to lose, show up on time everyday, have the ability to conduct yourself in a strictly professional way, are okay working in an environment that feels like a library half the time, and have an inherent understanding of how to climb the corporate ladder.

Cons

Just because you've been a loyal employee doesn't mean that you'll automatically get recognized for your efforts and be promoted. You hardly get any feedback on your performance or guidance for improvement. Personally, my attempts to take charge of my development or going above and beyond were not well received.

Advice to Management

Reach out to the constituent employees of your department more often. Some of them may seem like they're losing engagement, but they more than likely have a reserve of untapped motivation. Spend some time with them(even if they don't reach out to you), figure out what brings them to work everyday, and exploit this knowledge; they'll thank you for it. Management seemed very impersonal and disengaged. For some, this means an absolute absence of micromanagement, which is attractive, but those that like guidance and constructive criticism will feel lost.

Mar 18, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. While we do promote a professional environment, we also want to ensure our office setting is one that reflects our collaborative, energetic company culture. Our employees... More

"Friendly people, good opportunity for growth, difficult work/life balance"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings (More than a year)

Pros

InnerWorkings is growing rapidly, so there are internal opportunities for self-starters. The culture is friendly, and there is some flexibility around scheduling.

Cons

Management has unrealistic expectations for employees, which leads to burnout and turnaround. Also, it seems that hard work is valued over skill/strategy, which is counterproductive.

Mar 18, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We encourage employees to be an active part in their career development, so it’s great to hear you enjoy that part of our company culture. Given the significant growth... More

"A company with a purpose"

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time

Pros

Learning experiences you can grow with

Cons

Competition can be a challenge

Aug 4, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed working in our high-growth entrepreneurial environment. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything you think could make the... More

"Overall good company, but your experience may vary with the client account you're assigned."

Current Employee - Senior Print Production Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Print Production Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Progressive company with good working business model and reputation. Large in scale with a global presence. It's nice to know you're a part of a global organization. Good work and life balance. The upper management is good and communicates well about company performance and its goals for growth.

Cons

As a Production Manager your experience will vary and is based on the client specific account you're working on and managing. My client is very difficult, and the account financials directly impact your own professional growth, annual reviews and merit raises regardless of how well InnerWorkings is doing financially. I've seen lots of turn-over throughout the years, and the company would rather let you go, then re-assign you to a better fitting opportunity to match your true skills.

Advice to Management

The upper management is good and communicates well to its staff on the company's financial performance, new accounts, achievements and its goals for future growth.

Mar 24, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I believe it is important to engage employees in the broader strategy of the company and have each person understand/see how they can make an impact on the success of the... More

8. "Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

As a manager you can work autonomously and excel.

Cons

Minimal training when first employed.

"Work enviroment"

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, fun work environment!

Cons

Over worked, underpaid. Need to realize when they are losing a great employee

10. "Good first start"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Room to advance within company/move into different area
    -Time-off policy is good
    -Company values
    -The people who work there are generally pretty great and the company culture is awesome (laid back atmosphere and happy hour in the office on Fridays)

Cons

-Lack of communication with departments
    -Compensation