Innisbrook Resort Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Recreation"

I worked at Innisbrook Resort full-time

Pros

Great people! Great culture!

Cons

Wages were low/average for the industry.

2. "An average experience at an average employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Innisbrook Resort part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Didn't have unrealistic goals from direct management. Perhaps there should have been more, but at least I didn't have to worry about high standards in my department.

Cons

I was only part-time for a short while, so I never got converted to full benefits. However, I was disappointed by the lack of quality of employees at this resort. It seemed like customer service should be top above all else, but I felt that sometimes tasks were more important than people. The "upscale resort" did not seem to meet the expectations I had for it, both in expectations of customer relations (from the employee point of view) or upkeep of facilities (from a customer point of view).

Advice to Management

Make your employees feel important, from day one. Emphasize the importance of excellent customer service, then actually do something to monitor excellence in employees. I felt like I gave 110% while other coworkers gave 60% (my perspective, perhaps not true), but we were compensated and treated the same.

3. "Head Golf Professional"

I have been working at Innisbrook Resort full-time

Pros

Job responsibilities are dispersed throughout all management. If you mess up or have questions about what you're doing, there is plenty of support. Very good "starter" head pro position.

Cons

Corporate world. Everything is done to fit the bottom line. Service is sacrificed in busy season to fit payroll budgets. The volume of guests is somewhat overwhelming at times. The "resort private" label is very difficult to navigate through sometimes. i.e. Catering to Full golf members and resort guests.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing. There are good changes being made from the top. The stories of the "old days" sound terrifying. Management is definitely trying to magnify all areas that need improvement.

4. "Food & Beverage Associate"

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Associate in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Associate in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Innisbrook Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My department was a fun group of people to work with. The benefits of the job are decent. The best perc for me was the golf. They have some great courses and it is a great opportunity to have friends and family get to experience PGA tour official courses.

Cons

ALOT of micro managing and blame gaming. The job is extremely seasonal (January to April). After that you are practically working in a ghost town and micro managing is amplified. It's a fun job for a college student or a retiree but not ideal for somebody looking for a main source of income

Advice to Management

Be more aware of employee satisfaction and be willing to address employees concerns. The turnover rate speaks for itself.

"Just getting by, don't expect to make a life or career here."

Pros

The property here is beautiful. You can walk through it or drive through it and you'll love the scenery. The fellow employees are also very nice to work with, and most of all a lot of the customers and members are a pleasure to work with. Once they know and like you, you're pretty much set.

Cons

Management, especially upper management is just bad. It's pretty apparent that they are struggling financially which is why they pull stuff like reducing full time employees to just under full time status. Removing so many perks and privileges such as golfing when you please, using the pools, discounts. Their solution to their finances isn't to increase revenue but to cut from where the employees are. To be honest, you can't make a life or a career here. If you're looking to get a job here, it better be as either a retirement gig or a high school/college temp job. Because otherwise there's no way this place is where you want to make your home. Only try for that if you're looking to work in management, HR, or IT.

Advice to Management

Hire better managers. Look for ways to boost business and revenue instead of removing employee perks.

"I have never been so UNhappy to wake up and go to work everyday."

Current Employee - Food and Beverage
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage

Pros

There are not many pros to working here. We once had excellent discounts as service professionals, but those have all been taken away. We also had great golf benefits, but now we have to call one half hour before we want to golf, and our tee time cannot back up to a guests'. Benefits were great when I started, but they have now been taken away, along with our full-time status. If you really enjoy just coming to work, doing your job and going home, this is the place for you. However, if you have a mind of your own and like to speak it, I would advise you looking elsewhere.

Cons

Almost everything is based on who upper management likes. Being a hard worker and having excellent work ethic means nothing unless you are well liked. And no, being a hard worker and having work ethic is not enough to make them like you. I have found that, in the year or so I have been employed here, if a certain person dislikes you, don't bother trying to get hours.