InnovAge Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Maureen Hewitt

Pros
Cons
  • The upper management does not talk to anyone (in 6 reviews)

• The leaders in the corporate office do not care about the employees (in 5 reviews)

1. "Nurse practitioner"

Current Employee - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in Denver, CO

I have been working at InnovAge (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for with good coworkers.

Cons

Salary is low and has room for improvement.

Nov 8, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If you feel comfortable, please talk with your supervisor about how InnovAge's pay compares to other organizations. Thanks, Jordan

2. "Poor Training and Poor Morale"

Former Employee - Health Care Professional in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Health Care Professional in Denver, CO

I worked at InnovAge (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and flexible schedule.

Cons

Two days to train on a new job. It was a hostile environment at times. I was given a laptop that did not. They say there is no productively, but they want you to treat a certain amount of participans per day. That is productivity. Morale was low there.

Advice to Management

Slow down on the amount of participants you admit so that the healthcare professionals can provide quality care. Consider your employees, not just the bottom line.

3. "If you want to work for a company that doesn't care about you or the clients they serve, choose Innovage."

Former Employee - Enrollment in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Enrollment in Denver, CO

I worked at InnovAge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Almost no oversight or direction, so you can basically do less than than the minimum and get promoted.

Cons

Non-fulfilling, no leadership, zero vision, numbers driven, lots of turn over

Advice to Management

You have one job, manage!!!

"Awful Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

If you have a family, their benefits are stellar.

Cons

Executive management doesn't listen to anyone. The turnover is atrocious but directly relates to the inability to hire managers that are knowledgeable. You can apparently be hired with false credentials and have a recent history of failure, and executive management thinks the made a hire of the century.

Advice to Management

If you took more time to hire for some of these positions you might improve your turnover, and image in the community. A more friendly and personable interaction with the COO might help the morale.

Feb 6, 2017 – Recruiting

We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. We are glad you were pleased with our benefits, thank you! We value your feedback and are always focused on improving employee satisfaction.

"Stay only if you can not find job anywhere else"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowry, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowry, CO

Pros

Telecommuting is the only thing I can think of.

Cons

1) data management and analytical system is insufficient to handle the volume of their participants. By system, I mean not only the technology but also human intelligence. Being an expert in excel does not qualify to understand the full dimension of data science. There is not data quality check process in place. As such quality of their data is questionable. I think over-reporting and under-reporting depending upon higher is better or lower is better is in place. One way to find out is to have external party audit their data.

2) They seem to be very insensitive and uneducated regarding EEOs. I brought up this concern to my supervisor, but she did not care. That's what led me to quit. Since I have too much potential and many good organizations were willing to offer me much more dignified positions so I did not feel to go through that painful process of proving that discrimination exists.

3) I find it very strange that they do not respect the conditions of their offer letter. Within a month of joining the organization I found out that the PTO they stated in the offer letter was not true.

Advice to Management

I could care less, as I will never ever return to Innovage. But please know those numbers are not for your profit but saving people's lives. So be diligent in your enumeration.

"Run away as fast as you can...."

Former Employee - Social Worker in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Social Worker in Lakewood, CO

I worked at InnovAge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Highly structured in expectations
    + health insurance is better than I have had elsewhere
    + wonderful participants
    + nice facilities

Cons

- the turnover is abhorrent.
    - management is abysmal.... Hence the turnover.
    - profit and finances are valued significantly more than participant care.
    - the work environment is very focused on negatives
    - poor communication between departments to the detriment of the participants.
    - corporate has no idea of care for what is happening on the ground.
    - procedures change constantly.
    - high employee dissatisfaction has led to an extremely negative work environment.
    - 10 days of combined PTO (sick & vacation) for the first 12 months, 15 days after 12 months.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who know the job, support their employees, and are not offending people every time they speak.
    Pay attention to what the turnover is telling you!
    Promote communication & teamwork.
    Increase the PTO.

"Lessons we learn in life."

Current Employee - CNA in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - CNA in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at InnovAge full-time

Pros

The Participants are all very nice, and try their hardest to stay independent. The benefits are expensive, but quality, and there are the mission of this program is incredible.

Cons

Putting people with minor disabilities in nursing homes, who otherwise with a different insurance could get some home care to meet their needs, Some managers have a belief that lying and getting their employees to look bad is meeting a some type of personal quota to make them feel powerful. There's a couple of nurses who gossip and spread rumors about participants and other co-workers. Unfortunately some of the management feeds into this behavior and enforces it. Employee satisfaction survey is not confidential, and will come to haunt you if you're honest on it.

Advice to Management

The high up management at Lowry need to take a look into their current managers. Just because a person knows how to act self confident does not mean they're safe for patient care. Some of your nurses are just down right mean!

May 20, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your comments and for expressing your concerns. Please get in touch with your supervisor if you are comfortable doing so. I have also sent your message to management. Jordan

9. "Amazing Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at InnovAge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like the teams I work with. They are friendly, helpful and available for questions or resources at any time.

Cons

Rapid growth and we need more staff to keep up.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the culture! Love that you recognize outstanding employees regularly and reward them. Love the benefits and the overall friendly atmosphere!

"Sad environment to work in!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO

I have been working at InnovAge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The purpose of the program is wonderful, serving the seniors. Direct care employees are genuine and care deeply for the well-being of others. They stay there in-spite of losing benefits, declining work conditions because of the people they serve.

Cons

Corporate top-guns have"god" syndrome.Policies are not followed by the policy-makers. Some C-levels need to brush up their HR skills and get rid of their insecurities. Just because you are good for nothing does not give you the right to harass others. You never know what will be the next benefit to go. Holier than thou corporate clerks, constant change of staffing, short staffed centers, disgruntled employees is the NEW face of InnovAge.

Advice to Management

Ever wonder what you are doing wrong?? Look for new leaders with qualities that truly make them leaders and not "bosses".

"I worked at InnovAge for 2 plus years"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at InnovAge (More than a year)

Pros

Good flexibility with work schedule, decent corporate environment at HQ, and some really good dedicated people, including senior level. The best part of this job was working and supporting the "mission" i.e. the centers and it's participants.

Cons

Very unstable work environment, (tons of turnover) at times unhealthy, and with low morale. Much resentment from the center folks towards corporate and HQ.

Advice to Management

I think it's too late to offer advice to upper management. It would appear the main agenda now is to go public and get out with nice parachute...$