InnovAge Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2020

3.4
InnovAge President and CEO Maureen Hewitt (no image)
Maureen Hewitt
Pros
  • "Innovage is focused on providing the best possible care for all it's participants(in 29 reviews)

• "But Innovage is a Positive place to work with a great mission(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Difficulty getting items needed for participants at times(in 14 reviews)

• "There is to much upper management and middle management(in 13 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Communicative, positive, flexible, and valuable working enviorment"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at InnovAge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Intelligent coworkers, challenging tasks, great work flow. Very open and honest communication directly from the C-suites. Super transparent with amazing protocol in place to keep us going during the pandemic. Safe and great place to work.

Cons

Lower end of the salary range but the flexibility, coworkers, environment, etc help balance it out.

2. COVID-19

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at InnovAge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovage is focused on providing the best possible care for all it's participants. The teams care deeply about the individual participants and helping them live their best possible lives, on their terms. The Company is transparent about PPE and behind the scenes initiatives regarding keeping participants and employees safe, especially in times of COVID. This is a Company that is growing quickly with lots of room for growth.

Cons

None that I have seen yet.

3. COVID-19

"Overall great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Clinician

I have been working at InnovAge full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible hours, excellent support during pandemic , family atmosphere, professional/dedicated staff, no nights/weekends

Cons

Growing can have its challenges when you are a unique organization but the pros outweigh the cons

4. COVID-19

"Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist (CQIS) in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at InnovAge full-time for more than a year

Pros

InnovAge has been amazing over these last few months during the pandemic. We have recieved monthly updates from the CEO directly cooresponding with the team as well as HR, Communication and clinical team. I am very grateful for the pandemic supplies they have sent such as masks, hand sanitizer and the like. Thank you so much for caring for your employees. Having the ability to work from home and maintain my job during this challenging time with schooling as well for my kids has been indescribable. I am amazed at everything you have done for us thus far! I thank you! Your transparency about updates and plans for the company have been very much appreciated.

Cons

I do not have any comments at this time.

Continue reading

"Poor Management at all levels"

2.0
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at InnovAge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co workers, Lunches & Social Activities

Cons

Gossip Culture, Shady management, Poor communication from management, jackel hyde mentality from management at all levels, PTO is poor for first year. Micro Managers who do shady things.

Continue reading

"Don't Work at Innovage. Toxic Environment, Bad Management"

Current Employee - IT Deptarment - Server Administrator in Denver, CO

I have been working at InnovAge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice Buildings to work in

Cons

Bad Management Clicks Poor treatment of employees by management Preferential treatment of favored employees by management Staff and management lie to not get caught when they have made a mistake Poor team collaboration Can't get resources to finish tasks without having to beg for them Upper management keeps bad employees and management in place even though they have been shown to create a toxic environment Management writes and always unprofessional emails to be circulated among staff People storm out of meetings if they don't get their way People will not try to work out a problem with you and will instead copy the world on the issue Write people up constantly Upper management is only concerned about making money and not providing a functional workplace. Peers will seal off their area of IT and not collaborate with other IT teams or share important information required to complete a task. CIO is lied to by staff and doesn't know what is happening on her team No opportunity to grow in job skills or take on new role

InnovAge HR

Thank you for sending us your comments. Employee feedback is important to our continual efforts around culture and leadership development. We would like to better understand your experience and observations. We welcome you contacting our Human Resources Chief People Officer to set up a time to connect by phone.

7. "Awful place. Poor IT Managers makes your life Hell"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at InnovAge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice buildings. Pretty Headquarters. Good coffee.

Cons

C level management doesn’t care about its employees. They allow poor management to stay in place even when they are caught lying or treating their direct reports poorly. No collaboration between IT teams. IT is too heavy on management. No coordination to help other team members. Very clicky. Team members will lie to stay out of trouble and management supports it, so they won’t get into trouble.

8. COVID-19

"New Hire experience"

4.0
    Current Employee - IT Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at InnovAge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great on-boarding experience - including quick response and follow from recruiting/HR, benefits, payroll and IT. I feel a great team spirit in spite of the social distancing restrictions due to Covid19. Everyone is making me feel like part of their team. Health insurance (Cigna) & welfare benefits are better than where I worked before. Matching 401K (50% of your first 4% contribution) is decent but could be better. You can roll unused PTO time offer to next calendar year or get a cash payout. Great all-hands communication and employee appreciation by Sr. management. They even ordered 20 molecular testing analyzer machines for use at each location for Covid19 testing when returning to the offices and distributed employee personal care kits for employees for home use.

Cons

Wish they were more flexible with negotiating PTO (only 2 weeks accrued first year & 3 weeks following years) + 8 holidays . No performance bonus pay - although they do reward performance with floating PTO time on a quarterly basis - which is nice.

InnovAge HR

We appreciate your feedback on your experience as a newly hired employee. InnovAge continuously reviews our benefits as we learn what is important to our employees. We have made improvements to time off policies following such reviews.

"Thankful for this company"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at InnovAge full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has taken good care of us as employees. I love that as a whole we have been able to take care of our participants who we service day in and day out.

Cons

Better communication between departments. We are expanding so we just need to work harder to make it happen.

InnovAge HR

Thank you for your feedback. We agree there are many positive things about working here. We welcome ideas to improve collaboration between teams, so if you’d like to let us know your thoughts, please reach out to your local HR business partner.

"nay, nay, stay away"

I have been working at InnovAge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clients, clients, clients, clients! Making a difference.

Cons

lousy PTO, unsupportive, out of touch management, favoritism, overwhelming workload, lack of ethics, inconsistent messaging, little effort to seek input from staff, the bottom line often takes precedence over client well being, HR is not an objective or safe place to bring concerns to, staff are routinely put in harms way, some managers retaliate and make their own rules inconsistent with policy and procedure resulting in significant turnover in certain departments.

Found 161 reviews