InnovAge Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Maureen Hewitt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The people and willingness to collaborate, in addition to a great mission (in 7 reviews)

• Paid holidays and holidays off and no weekends (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The leaders in the corporate office do not care about the employees (in 6 reviews)

• Openness if staff knowing what the upper management thinks or are doing (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Committed to bringing out the best in all its employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowry, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lowry, CO

I have been working at InnovAge full-time

Pros

- Incredibly mission-driven, even as the company continues to grow and expand.

- Willing to change and adapt. Always looking for a better way of doing things and open to criticism in a way that I haven't witnessed at other organizations I've worked.

- The headquarters features an open and flexible work environment where you can move around the building day-to-day and get to know different departments.

- Upper management is majority women. It's really refreshing to work in an environment that empowers women leaders and is committed to bringing out the best in all its employees.

Cons

- Fast-paced, so have to be willing to work hard and be flexible as new challenges arise.

- Continuing to work on fostering a positive company culture from the inside out.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and adapting as needed.

2. "Great Mission/Great Job"

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at InnovAge full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for over 14 years. As a nurse, I have the flexibility in my career to work just about anywhere, but nowhere else has measured up to InnovAge. I have worked in Assisted Livings, Nursing Homes and Hospitals prior to working for InnovAge, and I do not ever want to go back.

- Expanding Company
    - Mission to serve vulnerable seniors
    - The PACE model of care is an exceptional model for health care
    - Lots of talented, caring professionals are employed here
    - Decent work schedule
    - Job Flexibility- Promote from within
    - Great participants

Cons

- No PTO reward for longevity

Advice to Management

Review and revamp PTO structure in order to be competitive with other healthcare organizations.

3. "Great mission; horrible management and money hungry"

I have been working at InnovAge full-time

Pros

Has a great mission and most of my coworkers are amazing. They are there for the participants. You have to be in this job because there isn’t many other reasons to be there.

Cons

Horrible communication from management and corporate. Huge issue with favoritism with employees. If you are one of managements spys, and throw your coworkers under the bus (and kiss up the the boss) you will get ahead at this place. Management meant is too worried about getting people enrolled into services and bringing money to notice if they are doing it in a corrupt way. They are dishonest and promise things to both participants and employees that will never happen. If you are salary they will work you to the bone. Say good by to your family and personal life.

Advice to Management

More communication! Stop the favoritism! Really watch and look into what your employees are doing if you hear complaints

4. "Great place to work, fun and challenging"

Current Employee - Rehab
    Current Employee - Rehab

I have been working at InnovAge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No place is perfect. But Innovage is a Positive place to work with a great mission. My co-workers are great with a majority fun to work with and focused on the mission of serving those participants in our program. The work is diverse and challenging

Cons

We are growing so with that comes challenges that everyone on the team needs to take an active role in fighting the stress and communicating well to keep the environment and culture positive.

Advice to Management

Stay ahead of the growth as much as possible. When we roll out new policies/procedures make sure adequate training to ensure compliance and understanding. Look for new ways to maintain and retain top employees to avoid high turnover.

5. "Caring for seniors and opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Business Development in Lowry, CO
    Current Employee - Business Development in Lowry, CO

I have been working at InnovAge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping the most frail seniors keep their independence, truly fulfilling interacting with folks that would otherwise be in a nursing home away from family, friends and community.
    Collaborating with teams to build solutions to care for more seniors on their terms.
    Great environment with flexibility to get work done

Cons

Fast and flexible can be a challenge for some, but empowering for me.

Advice to Management

Keep listening, adjusting and adapting.

6. "The most fun I've ever had in my working life!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I have been working at InnovAge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

InnovAge's mission is amazing. I work in the PACE Center, and see each day that mission in action. My colleagues are the best of the best - they are engaged and committed to doing a great job. It has been one of the greatest pleasures of my career to work for InnovAge PACE!

Cons

Growing pains can be, well, a little painful! InnovAge is growing because it is so needed in our community. I've heard colleagues who worry we are growing "too fast", but growth is necessary in order for us to make a difference for even more people.

7. "We are growing!"

I have been working at InnovAge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are always interesting projects to work on. We are expanding into new markets. Supervisors are kind and want you to succeed. Flexible work environment with work from home days.

Cons

PTO and pay are below average for healthcare industry. Career paths are not defined. Not a lot of transparency from the top down.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee concerns, be more transparent, and create more growth opportunities for current employees.

8. "Worse company ever!"

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at InnovAge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great concept, hard working employees

Cons

Worst management from CEO, COO andCPO!

Advice to Management

Board of directors need to get rid of the top management
    Turn over unbelievable and new CPO has no idea of how to run a HR department., no confidence and does not protect the employees.

9. "Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Lowry, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Lowry, CO

I worked at InnovAge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tried to look after seniors

Cons

Horrible people, too much work, not adequate compensation

Advice to Management

Get rid of everyone and revamping

10. "Great work-life balance"

I have been working at InnovAge full-time

Pros

The mission, and the CEO’s commitment to helping more seniors, is admirable and inspiring. She’s done a great job to raise the profile of InnovAge and PACE nationally. It feels good to know the work you do each day is really helping to make a difference and help family caregivers and their older loved ones. A lot of people here are passionate about the mission and about improving the organization. It’s nice to be surrounded by people like that. And we’re growing! It’s exciting to be part of a growing organization, rather than one that is slowing down.

The ability to work remote and have flexibility in my schedule is really great and much appreciated. It’s a much less stressful work environment then where I’ve worked in the past. There’s a strong respect for work-life balance. I’m happier than in my last position, with more time for my family, and they have noticed this and commented on it. This means a lot, and I’m thankful for the company and my supervisor for fostering and supporting this type of environment.

The set-up at the Lowry location is unique – the hoteling allows everyone to pick a different seat/desk each day. Many people (including me) didn’t like it at first, but it’s grown on me. I feel less tethered to a space/place or “stuff” and more able to focus on my actual work. We all have laptops and iPhones that make it easier to work in this type of environment and to work remotely. The Lowry office (and the PACE centers) are modern and bright and welcoming.

I love the diversity of the people who work at Lowry. I've never worked anywhere with so many different people. It's energizing and grounding.

The C-suite is all women, which is pretty amazing, and my direct supervisor and my team members are all intelligent, passionate, fun, active, engaging, and kind. They make it easy to come to work every day, and I feel honored to work among them.

Cons

Benefits and pay could be more competitive. Employees have to cash out their PTO if you go above a certain limit, instead of “use it or lose it” which would be more equitable. The 401k match is low. The wellness program is non-existent. It’s being revamped, which is good – hopefully it’s easier to use and provides true incentives.

There aren’t any all-employee calls or meetings and there’s little visibility "among the masses" by the CEO. Employees would feel more connected and inspired if she was more visible and open with them. This would improve culture and retention, both of which become more and more important as we grow.

For as great as many things are, there still seems to be a lot of hierarchy and, sometimes, distrust. Transparency and communication could be better from the corporate office to employees. Supervisors need more training and support. There’s not a lot of collaboration or engagement at a mid-leader level (under the C-Suite). The lack of this makes it easier to have and maintain silos.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and make hard decisions when they are needed. Growth is great, but you can’t sacrifice your core business for it. IT needs more resources, particularly skilled employees who can support the needs of the business. Managers need more incentives and flexibility in rewarding high-performing employees. Senior leaders in different parts of the company need to be encouraged to collaborate more closely and as a team.