Innovate UK Reviews | Glassdoor

Innovate UK Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2019

Found 14 reviews

"Appalling culture of bullying and bad practice"

I worked at Innovate UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay for a town wage

Cons

Bullying is rife from senior staff and anyone who isn't monitored closely. Bullies are almost always paid off and incompetence is also rewarded. The introduction of the new CEO assisted in this organisation becoming a hellish place to work. Directors have been and remain dangerously incompetent in HR, Finance, Communications and the CEO herself. Turning a blind eye and burying what's going on in her quest to be...

Innovate UK2017-05-09

"Bullying and Harrasement"

I worked at Innovate UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed my job until a new Manager joined and the atmosphere in the section changed no the bullying and harassment started. This was not only in the section but in several others too. Would I work for this company again not until thagement has been sorted out as well as the HR section.

Cons

Bullying, harassment o chance of progression within the company

Innovate UK2017-01-09
  3. "Generally Good"

I worked at Innovate UK

Pros

Very good pay for a short term contract. Friendly team and standard 9-5 working days. Office very accessible in Swindon town centre.

Cons

Some of the work became very laborious and repetitive. As the nature of a short term contract there was no room for movement.

Innovate UK2016-12-04
  4. "Working at Innovate UK"

I worked at Innovate UK

Pros

Positive, results-focused culture. Expert and knowledgeable colleagues. Knowing that the work you're doing makes a difference to small and growing businesses, and contributes to the health of the U.K. economy.

Cons

Inter-departmental politics - but only sometimes Lots of field-based colleagues can slow response times. Partnership working with other organisations needs careful handling to maximise outcomes.

Advice to Management

I worked at Innovate as a contractor and really enjoyed the experience. My goals were clear, my managers supportive and the work itself was fascinating. Keep on doing what you do.

Innovate UK2016-10-31