Innovative Mattress Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 33 reviews

Kim Knopf
  1. "Recruiting Manager"

I worked at Innovative Mattress Solutions full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, good people, relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

None at all it was great.

Innovative Mattress Solutions2018-11-12
  2. "Awesome company"

I worked at Innovative Mattress Solutions full-time

Pros

Wonderful finance team. Benefits are also good.

Cons

Higher management made unnecessary changes.

Innovative Mattress Solutions2018-11-08
  3. "The most honest review you will get"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Innovative Mattress Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

DC manager is good guy and is fair, decent money, good environment.

Cons

Very poor health coverage, don't celebrate the wins in operations. VERY LONG HOURS!!! Like 12 hour days back to back to back. We do not have days off back to back, I am only off on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Advice to Management

Take care of your drive team!!!! We are the last person to see the customers.

Innovative Mattress Solutions2018-05-11
  4. "Overall an enjoyable experience."

I have been working at Innovative Mattress Solutions full-time

Pros

Local managers care about RSA's, Insurance is relatively reasonable, closer knit company than many corporate owned, compensation plan has the potential to be lucrative depending on store traffic. Training is offered.

Cons

Long hours, less potential to make money in many of the stores, travel to cover store in districts. Policies change often.

Innovative Mattress Solutions2017-11-09

"former store manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Akron, OH

I worked at Innovative Mattress Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Low pace environment, decent products to sell

Cons

Ownership and upper management don't care about employees. Typically changing pay plans and then informing employees after the fact.

Advice to Management

Look yourselves in the mirror and ask yourselves how you'd feel if you were treated the way you treat your employees.

Innovative Mattress Solutions2017-11-02

"Delivery driver"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Clarksburg, WV

I worked at Innovative Mattress Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None, they pay like every other warehouse type in WV, below poverty level, they don't allow you to earn a decent amount. An adjustable base only cost them like $600 bucks and they sell it for like $2500, then make you take them to homes that may not even accommodate them and when they don't fit its your butt on the line.

Cons

They do a full background check like the government does, just to drive products around that they damn well know can't easily be stolen or mishandled. But again, this is a WV company. All WV companies expect people to be squeaky clean with there background checks and no WV company will cut you slack regardless. If you live in WV, I'M SOO SORRY THAT YOU have to find a job, it's horrible!

Advice to Management

Offer many more people a chance, I mean a guy has a small thing on his record years back and then you want to be demeaning and degrading with how much you want to offer as a wage, rediculous.

Innovative Mattress Solutions2017-09-10

"Only use as a stepping stone."

I have been working at Innovative Mattress Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you're in the right store, It's a nice living.

Cons

If you're in the wrong store, you'll never make in's meet. Upper management changes with the weather, no consistently. Comp plan changes just as much. When the field figures out how to make money, the company figures out how to not pay you. Hours are long and quality of life doesn't exist. This use to be a fantastic company.

Advice to Management

Loose the high salary management and give back to your employees. You've forgotten what got you here.

Innovative Mattress Solutions2017-08-09
  8. "Great place to work and I'm compensated well!!!! Great earning potential!"

I have been working at Innovative Mattress Solutions

Pros

Great team to work for; management is very helpful; everyday is different; as I said in the title, great earning potential!

Cons

None come to mind, at least nothing major or different that any job would have. I've been very pleased with my experience with this company as a whole

Innovative Mattress Solutions2017-07-23
  9. "The only thing on fire is my drive to succeed... and my bank account!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Innovative Mattress Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My husband and I have been in the bedding industry for over 10 years. We worked many years as store managers for a smaller local Nashville company. We came to this business without degrees and with very little sales experience. In the beginning it was a job when we needed one and the pay was decent for a couple kids in their 20's. As time progressed the smaller local company hit the ceiling of where it could go and we...

Cons

Long hours, lots of alone time (which I have actually grown to enjoy but it took some time), unable to leave for lunch when you are in a store alone which is most of the time. Work/ life balance is tough because of the hours- but we have consistently chosen to prioritize our future right now over having a schedule with bankers hours. For us it is completely worth it. Is it worth it to you? How about if it doubles...

Advice to Management

Possibility for paid Maternity/Paternity leave would be amazing. Keep fighting for us. We believe in you just like you believe in us. Keep rewarding loyalty and tenure. Thank you for every opportunity you have given us to follow our dreams!

10. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Innovative Mattress Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for this company going on 4 years. I was brought into this company by my sister and brother-in-law who have worked for the company over 10 years. I am a mother of four and this job gave me the opportunity to offer the life I want for my children. Thanks to sleep Outfitters I live in a 3 story home, drive a nice car and take my children to Disney world every year. I get to spoil my family and have a job I...

Cons

Long hours/but worth it when you get your paycheck

Advice to Management

Continue working on work/life balance. We appreciate that this is currently being worked on.

Found 33 reviews