Innovyze Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul F. Boulos

"Great vision. Great leaders!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Innovyze full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall from top leadership down everyone has the same plan to do well and continue to expand the business. I'm constantly being challenged in my role, growing personally and professionally every day here!
    Incredibly leadership and smart peers.
    Lots of opportunities to learn and grow your career.

Cons

Work from home or flexible hour won't be an option here

"A company that take cares of its employee first."

Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Innovyze full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Innovyze has a very friendly environment to work in. Innovyze culture believe in positive reinforcement, hard work does not go unnoticed and it is well rewarded. There are also a lot of opportunities to grow and shine.

Innovyze put their employee first. I was in need of extra time off due to a family emergency, Paul and other managements were very understanding and worked gracefully with my needs.

Our CEO Paul Boulos has deep knowledge of the industry. He understands what the industry needs. Combining his great vision for Innovyze and his knowledge, Innovyze has a bright future.

Cons

Once in a while may require working at odd hours due to the nature of global clientele base.

"Awesome! Very positive"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Innovyze full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovyze is definitely one of the most satisfying jobs I ever had (4 jobs in the past). It provided me with lots of challenges and rewards unlike any other company. It's rewarding to be in an environment where you have the opportunity to really focus on the work you enjoy.

There is a lot of room for growth and lots of opportunities. The culture and values of the company made me more socially aware and feel a sense of accomplishment.

In the staff ranks, people are highly talented, smart, and down-to-earth individuals. I learn a lot from my colleagues from the support, development, and IT teams and I appreciate the collaborative work we do.

In the upper management ranks, CEO Dr. Paul Boulos is an awesome leader who is ethical, cares about the employees, and makes smart decisions. I also appreciate all the vice presidents for their leaderships, support and encouragement to all the people that work at Innovyze.

- Very nice work environment at the Monrovia office
    - New employees have good opportunities for high pay raises
    - Highly ethical company, I have never felt pressure to do something I am not comfortable with
    - There are plenty of opportunities to manage products and projects on a very large scale
    - There are also great opportunities to learn how the entire business works including software development cycles

Cons

Medical insurance coverage could be better
    Worldwide support is difficult due to work hour differences, scheduling, and/or communication skills.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints. Thanks for giving us as always full support, a great work environment and great leadership.

"Love it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Innovyze (More than 10 years)

Pros

I joined Innovyze as a software engineer when she was still little with a very small team. Now we have offices and customers all over the world. The growth of the company is incredible. Our leaders are very visionary and always find good niches in this competitive market. Most our new products have big impacts to the industry every time they are released. We work hard here but we also work smartly.

Innovyze is a great place to work. They invest in people and help them to grow, a great place for those technically strong people. They maintain a very friendly working environment. Great development team! I just enjoy working here.

Cons

Not much. Everything is OK.

Advice to Management

Keep the successful formula going!

"Great Company and Huge Career Growth"

Current Employee - Supervising Civil Engineer in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Supervising Civil Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Innovyze full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Innovyze is a great company as it delivers the world's most complete wet infrastructure modeling solutions due to the great leadership, the highly productive development team, the well-equipped sales team, and the responsive and caring customer support team.

Innovyze provides many opportunities to reinvent ourselves and to explore our unexpected potential. In order to take on the unprecedented challenges for our clients, we work independently and closely to find or create the cost-effective solutions that save time and efforts for utilities, government agencies, and consulting organizations, and in the same time fully grow ourselves in a way that is aligned with the company vision and strategy.

Cons

To maintain the growth, the company and its staff have to reject the status quo, and make adjustments dynamically.

Advice to Management

Be sensitive to what our clients need and create those products that make our clients success

"A strong CEO + A great community + An aspiring set of core values"

Current Employee - Vice President in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Innovyze full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovyze is a company with a soul. Its core values have been propelling its incredible successes and growth captured by a set of consistent and amazing track records. The president and CEO of the company, Dr. Paul Boulos, is a renowned world-class leader well recognized in the water, wasterwater industrial and academic world.

With a strong passion to work together closely with those who entrust their professional needs to them, Innovyze seeks to deliver the most innovative solutions with the most advanced technologies to sustain the success of their clients and customers, and helps make the world a better place. Innovyze is also a company recognizing the most important asset is its staff. Employees of the company are united after the common core values and are given the best possible mentorship and various different opportunities to grow. At Innovyze, failures and mistakes, though happen rarely, are regarded positively as opportunities and gateways toward a new level of accomplishment.

To sustain its passion, Innovyze is also a company focusing on strong delivery rigorously. The vision and leadership provided by Dr. Boulos keeps the company closely aligned with today's needs of the world, and positions it well to tackle the emerging challenges of the industries they serve.

Cons

With a steady growth throughout the past 20 year, it is important for Innovyze to keep pushing for a new level of success. Innovyze counts on the steadfast leadership, unwavering vision, and strong execution more than ever.

Advice to Management

Innovyze has so much to offer and it can make much more strong impacts toward the industries it serves. Please keep the successful formula intact while grow to reach out more.

"Innovyze = A Success Story"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Pros

Simply put, Innovyze is a remarkable success story. In a short 20-year timeframe, it has become the leading water/wastewater infrastructure modeling and simulation solutions, worldwide. Importantly, the company has been robustly stable, and the staff continuity and dedication have been unparalleled in any software industry. If you are looking for a growing successful company and an innovation leader, Innovyze is one of those places.

Cons

Innovyze is a great business. A successful business is inevitably a challenging place. Pressure can be high at times, but the rewards are great. To be at the summit of a business domain, one cannot sit back but forge-on one challenge after the next. It is not a place for the uninitiated. One needs to have what it takes to be with a successful, dedicated leading team.

Advice to Management

The success of Innovyze owes a great deal to its CEO. His drive and determination to succeed have kept the momentum going, year after year, one challenge after the other, leading the company to where it is today whilst the others have long folded and gone – my thanks to him. Innovyze is a place for success, its management has a strong desire to succeed and care deeply and genuinely about the wellbeing of all employees. Please keep up the good work.

"20+ Years of Innovation at Innovyze"

Current Employee - PSL in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - PSL in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Innovyze full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The entire UK, USA and AP Innovyze staff are fantastic with extensive
    background in all aspects of modelling water, sewer, stormwater and
    rivers (as a group!). I have been constantly impressed with the care,
    knowledge and help they provide our customers at any time of day or
    week.

I can easily name at least 80 individuals in our small company that are outstanding developers, support engineers, client service managers and managers and support for the managers. Innovyze is a 20 year old company where at least 1/2 of the employees have been here for 10 to 20 years. I would be able to name more but I have only meet about 1/2 of our worldwide set of employees. Innovyze is also a company that supports and encourages home offices for its employees.

We have flexible working hours and good vacation packages.

Our senior management has been with the company 20+ years and have devoted their lives to making water related software to make the lives of billions of people on Earth better and safer in a world of water scarcity, increased population and increased urbanization.

Innovyze is a company that rewards its many valued employees with healthy bonuses, the opportunity to travel and the chance to extend their abilities to the fullest with our full suite of software. Our ages range from young 20's to 70+ so we have a good mix of young and old but no matter the age we all care about modeling and making the planet better.

Our management team lead by our CEO in particular have had a vision and understanding of the future that has made us one of the leading modeling or modelling companies in the world.

I have known our CEO for at least 25 years and have been amazed by his energy, care about the world, care about Engineering and care for the employees of Innovyze and Innovyze the company. He has an amazing life story and for the last 20 years has built the story of Innovyze with his senior management.

One of the many reasons I love working at Innovyze Inc. is our World Class water quality software. We have over ten types of water quality models for water distribution using our InfoWater suite or products, catchment water quality with ICM and InfoSWMM, H2S with InfoSewer, InfoSWMM and ICM etc. 2D Sediment Modelling with InfoWorks ICM. It is good feeling to know that you are benefiting the health and well being of the entire world.

Cons

It has the same drawback as all jobs - it is work. However, it is fun and important work.

Advice to Management

We should have a 10, 25 and 50 year plan for the benefit of our younger co-workers.

"Growing with the company"

Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Innovyze full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started working for Innovyze as an independent contractor. The courteous yet confident people in the company left a strong impression on me and it aided my decision later on to join the team. Coming out of the grad school, I did have aspirations working for some "big name" companies. But after working with Innovyze for a few months, I realized what a special company this is! I would describe this company as "agile" and "adaptive". The company's track records validate its decision making. We had a small (back then) but dynamic team that just continue taking the company to new heights year after year. I went from a "just getting a job" to totally enjoying the ride while contributing my part. I am very proud being part of this team! And I have learned a lot in the process. The company also gives out generous bonus to reward its employees. So it's a joy to see the company succeed as employees will eventually reap the benefits. I have good work/personal life balance. The management team put a strong emphasis on family as one of the core values. And I can say that it's not just a slogan, they genuinely care about our families and are understanding and supportive when there is a special need.

Cons

Employees need to be motivated and open to change to move with the company's direction and strategies swiftly. My experience is that it usually brings good results. But I can understand that this working style may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

I really wish to be able to meet all these talented people in the company, but I understand that as the company grows and expands, it gets harder to get to know everyone. Overall, I think the management has done a good job. Thank you for the leadership!

"Great place to work for!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Innovyze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I so appreciate how well our Technical support team works together in resolving issues. Management is good at sharing praise when warranted and people really care about each other and the clients we help. I personally really enjoy being able to help our clients better understand our software and to provide tips that can help them be the best modeler they can be. I appreciate the flexibility the company has in working with me in regards to health issues that impact my schedule. We have been able to develop a schedule that minimizes the impact to my heath and maximizes my productivity. This schedule has helped me to have one of the most productive years in my career due to this flexibility. The company benefits and annual bonus are very generous and are a huge plus. The company is very strong financially and has had strong stable growth which is meaningful to me for the long term stability. I can honestly say this has been one of the best places I have ever worked.

Cons

I can honestly say I have not experienced any significant cons that I can think of. Whenever challenges occur the team is good at reviewing them and working to get them resolved in a timely manner. I have always felt that is the most I could expect form any employer.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage employees and seek to retain quality staff as you generally do. The quality staff is what makes this a great place to work and knowing you are valued and appreciated means the world to so many. As we continue to grow and need additional staff finding qualified new employees in the manner that has traditionally been used will help maintain the wonderful work environment that currently exists.