Innsoft Reviews | Glassdoor

Innsoft Reviews

Updated Dec 11, 2017

Found 12 reviews

4.5
  1. "Great little company with a big heart"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Innsoft for more than 3 years

Pros

Innsoft is managed with the utmost integrity. There's no weird "culture" that's shoved down your throat - they hire you for you. So if you do you, come to work with an open mind, and take great care of clients - you will do well. Company stocked fridge, beer, lunch on Fridays. You can't beat this place.

Cons

The hours if you're not a morning person (Monday through Friday 7am to 4pm).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Stay on your toes and don't stop adapting or else you run the risk of being left behind. Competition is tightening. Shoot for the clouds.

Innsoft2017-12-12

"Not What I Was Promised"

I worked at Innsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fully Paid Benefits - Plenty of Food and Drink - Reasonable Hours - Interesting Office

Cons

- Management/Owner can be rough on employees - Will overstate job satisfaction - Employees will not speak up - Unreasonable expectations

Advice to Management

Was recommended the job by a friend. The owner was initially nice, but then turned. Only lasted about 6 months after giving up a good position at another company. They will hard sell you on the benefits and not deliver. The owner's attitude towards myself and the other employees was disturbing and close to sociopathic. Agreed to let a coworker stay onboard and take a lower salary without telling the rest of the office....

Innsoft2016-11-23

Innsoft Response

January 18, 2017President

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Here at Innsoft, we strive to make sure every employee is successful in their position. Employee input is the cornerstone to our success as a small software company, and we strongly encourage employees to speak freely and share ...

3. "The best work environment I have experienced"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Innsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is very helpful, everyone is super nice and friendly. Friday lunches are awesome! The company wants to hear your ideas and actually use them. You go home everyday feeling like a superstar!

Cons

The only con is that business is growing, so we are busy all the time. If you want to get paid to sit around, this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to everyone's opinions, you are on the right track!

Innsoft2015-12-22

"Great working environment"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Innsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits (full medical/dental for you and your family), good comradery, excellent pay. The company is experiencing rapid growth and all employees are included in the process, providing excellent personal and professional growth opportunities.

Cons

From looking at another review here, apparently our communication isn't all it could be because I don't know anyone who is that dissatisfied. The two from disgruntled former employees make sense, because one was delusional and the other was not treated well when he wasn't able to pull his weight.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and thanks for taking great care of everyone so well. Thank you also for writing clean code and resisting uninformed calls to include bloat. The fact that the program will run on any sort of beat up old machine is a testament to the elegance of the coding.

Innsoft2015-04-06

"Employees are appreciated here. They take our thoughts and concerns into genuine consideration for growth and change."

Current Employee - Technical Support Staff in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Innsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open forum for expressing ideas and being heard. Low management overhead that allows for communication through all employees. The owner of the company cares a lot about the well-being of employees, and looks to motivate them, rather than simply demanding obedience. The company cares a lot about being transparent, so the employees don't feel manipulated.

Cons

Small development team currently. Very hard to implement customer-desired changes for the products offered. During the transition of growing into a larger company, some tasks that would normally be outsourced or designed for a specialized position are handled in house, and can stretch the staff thin.

Advice to Management

Please continue being supportive and keep this a place where people look forward to working at. It's easy to lose sight of the true desired culture when growing larger as a whole. Keeping the positive and open attitude helps spur innovation and a collaborative spirit. The transparency aspect here helps people with a cause-and-effect oriented mindset understand and appreciate choices made for the future.

Innsoft2015-04-06

"A great place to learn, grow, and contribute to the success of a small business with a big heart."

I have been working at Innsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees are valued for their talents and encouraged to contribute on a small and larger level to the growth of the company. Exceptional benefit program including PTO and employer paid medical/dental plans. Fun, team oriented environment, that allows for support of each others skills. Ideas and creative thinking is encouraged, with an emphasis on taking care of the customer. Ownership or performance

Cons

Company is in a turnaround phase. Refocusing efforts on talent management, leadership, and accountability, after some personnel turnover. This will take time and the team is learning to take ownership, not be afraid to make decisions, and just get the job done.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee growth and ensuring that each member of the team is a good fit from a skill-set perspective, but more importantly, from a will perspective. Because we are a small company, one person not living the values effects the entire team. Continue to encourage feedback and contribution from your employees.

Innsoft2015-03-18

"An amazing place where people are not just a number."

Current Employee - Technical Support in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Innsoft

Pros

Innsoft is the type of place where hardwork and dedication are not overlooked. Doing a good job is rewarded and encouraged from the ownership of the company down to my coworkers. Middle management is highly approachable and willing to go the extra mile to assist employees. The benefits at Innsoft are second to none as well. The product is extremely reliable and affordable for the customers we serve. I have heard...

Cons

Every company has growing pains, Innsoft is no exception. There is a push to make improvements in communication and product development everyday. If you are not the kind of person who can take criticism and feedback, and be willing to change, Innsoft is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop interoffice relationships. Hold people accountable and improve reception of new and different ideas.

Innsoft2015-03-20

"A small company with a close-knit, family feel."

Current Employee - Tech Support in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Innsoft full-time

Pros

Laid back but supportive working environment. You are given excellent tools to do your job well. People are always happy to answer questions if you run into a difficult issues.

Cons

You definitely need to be a self-starter to work here. The company is small so if you don't get your work done, nobody will be breathing down your neck to finish it. That is also a plus if you are highly motivated.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with the communication. Clarity and openness will help grow the trust between management and employees.

Innsoft2015-03-11

"Great People, Great Environment."

Current Employee - Current Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Innsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

My coworkers are helpful and supportive, my supervisors are understanding, and the administration is open to new ideas and improvements. Overtime is encouraged and supported. Being the Emergency Support On Call has decent compensation, and scheduling is such that it is not required often.

Cons

Dealing with uncooperative customers is stressful. Finding ways to explain concepts to customers so they can understand them can be difficult. Sometimes there are not enough employees managing the incoming calls and stress levels become increased. It's easy to feel overworked due to lots of projects and lack of scheduled time to work on them. Mandatory overtime can happen as important projects come to a head.

Advice to Management

Sometimes goals feel unmanageable and supervisors feel distant or unconcerned with scheduling issues. I would really appreciate supervisors checking in with employees to see if they need dedicated time off the phones. Being On Call should have a "No Calls" compensation. ie: a $ amount minimum, just for being the one on call.

Innsoft2015-03-11
  10. "Small Carrying company with lots of Growth Potential!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Innsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ownership cares deeply about its employees. They offer competitive pay and Amazing Amazing Benefits. Lots of growth opportunity and trust. They let you take on projects and allow for mistakes to be used as learning experiences.

Cons

This job is not for everyone. Working with our clients can be stressful and takes patience, understanding and excellent communication skills. If you do not have these you will struggle.

Innsoft2015-03-18