Inovalon Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Inovalon Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board Keith R. Dunleavy
Keith R. Dunleavy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ability to work from home; work always available; continuous training (in 75 reviews)

• The pay is good, and my point of contact has been helpful in keeping me busy with a steady flow of work (in 18 reviews)

Cons

"Low pay, no hope of raises, only higher ups continue to get promotions and more money"

Current Employee - Review Specialist in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Review Specialist in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing really. I can say honestly that there are really no pros to this company. If you want to work here, beware

Cons

The pay sucks, management has terrible communication, at company meetings all the higher ups do is pat themselves on the back and tell us were doing a good job but then they turn around and say we didn't perform well enough and we don't deserve raises this year, they supposedly spend millions on dollars on electronics and ways to improve company standards and yet something is always wrong with our systems weekly

Advice to Management

Don't be two-faced and give the ones that actually do the hard work the pay increase they deserve, not just your highest ranking CFOs and employees

"Site Data Collector"

Current Employee - Site Data Collector
    Current Employee - Site Data Collector

Pros

For me, the pros is that I am responsible for myself and do not have to worry about team members pulling their weight. The pay is really good (as long as you actually get hours).

Cons

Rarely any work. Since, March 2017, I have been to 10 different facilities. So, in 6 months, I've worked for 10 days. Wow.....might as well not even have a job. What's the point? Also, you are lucky if you actually know what is going on in the company. Even if you ask your supervisor questions, you are lucky to hear an answer. Bad communication makes it feel like you don't even have a job. Also, it's a constant battle to use their laptop and secure server. I have to fight with it constantly, which is very annoying!

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to begin.

"Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Medical Chart Reviewer in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Medical Chart Reviewer in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work from home- when/if there is work available.

Cons

This company has not given out a raise for the past 3 years. They make you do all these special "goal" projects, which are supposed to be for raises. But, then the years come and go-- and still no raises. They have a computer system that fails daily/weekly. And good luck reaching out to tech support. You can wait for hours and hours before someone finally answers your call. After this company had the massive layoffs in 2016-2017 they decided to micro-manage the remaining employees to death. The upper management sets productivity goals that are impossible to meet. They are on their employees constantly about accuracy, however they do not provide the important and necessary resource material needed. They informed us that they are not sure if the will be providing the current updated ICD 10 coding guide --that we need to do accurate coding for our reviews. They told us to use the ICD 10 look-up on line to find the code we need!!? Wow, not a professional way to due business. Really poor core values!

Advice to Management

Give your employees their well deserved raises. Provide the necessary tool to do the job accurately. Stop laying employees off. That way you will have enough staff to do the review projects without hounding the remaining staff reviewer about productivity. --Get it together!

"Stay away. Your health depends on it."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good job facilitating the health field. I always have work since they make sure you train you on everything to make sure their work is covered. But expect a raise without a fight. Nothing comes easy here. If its not the confusion from the upper themselves its the disgruntles monsters they have for employees. Well maybe one or two left are nice. I haven't met any yet that is not trying to make each other loose their job.

Cons

Baddddd people. Something happened a long time ago and like a curse it is a dark force spreading and destroying everything in it's path. You gain weight and get high blood pressure from the stress.

Advice to Management

Oh they went public. Good for who ..them. Management are usually evil forces that did their fair share of biting to get where they need to be. No proper education or training. Allow coworkers to get away with almost anything. clueless as to how to properly manage as they themselves are only concerned about their next raise day. :) "(.....Run do not come here. Management do not know "their people". They gang up to with the coworkers to destroy you when they are too lazy to do the weeding out. Basicly they give u a rope and a little tissue .

"Don't bother, really, it's an awful place to work"

Former Employee - Site Review Consultant

I worked at Inovalon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When I started 8 years ago, it was great! Now they are a publicly traded company and are only interested in the bottom line.

Cons

Where to start...? You can go several weeks without work and then when there is, they crack the whip...accuracy, productivity is their concern but don't ask your very rude lead any questions or expect communication. You can get fired for failing tests, you can get disciplinary action for slight decrease in accuracy...but don't you dare ask a valid question about a review! High stress, poor management.

Advice to Management

Right now, they are a bunch of jerks. I was laid off and it was the best thing to happen bc my current job is awesome!

"Remote Nurse Chart Reviewer"

I worked at Inovalon part-time

Pros

The pay- I made $36.00/hour. You can work from home, IF there is work. $36 an hour is a fair rate of pay. If you work your stated hours, its a nice income, however you rarely work your stated hours

Cons

I worked at the company for 5 years. There have been several huge lay offs and I was included in this round in July 2017. There is no communication from your supervisor when there will be no work. This can be several weeks or several months. When you contact your supervisor they will tell you that work should start on a specific date and then the date keeps getting moved back. When there is work, they want you to work your stated hours, and over-time when the end of the quarter is near. You are expected to check in everyday to see if there is work, which makes it impossible to make other plans. Accuracy and speed are never rewarded.

"They don't deserve to be in business!"

I worked at Inovalon full-time

Pros

None they are probably hopeless and won't pay attention anyway.

Cons

Terrible management. Abusive, screaming, arrogant and not really well versed in the data they claim to understand, they make claims that are unsupported by reality about the quality of their data and their analyses.

Advice to Management

Take some anger management training and try to enter the 21st century in your management style and your work processes!

"How bad is bad? This is the benchmark"

Former Employee - Director in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Director in Bowie, MD

Pros

You will be in the healthcare industry
    The negative reviews were true
    Top notch team
    People tried their best

Cons

No one mentioned the negatives when asked during interviews
    Layoffs started my 5th business day onboard
    People were aggressive or scared or both
    Low morale and people quit or were shown the door everyday
    Long hours, no appreciation or honest direction from management because they all had hidden agendas

Advice to Management

Honesty is the best policy

"Site Review Consultant"

Former Employee - Site Review Consultant in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Site Review Consultant in Remote, OR

I worked at Inovalon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working mostly at home was wonderful while it lasted.

Cons

The other negative reviews here are very good assessments of this company.
    They seem to not be doing very well.
    2016 I had no work for 5 months with little communication.
    Worked again in the beginning of 2017, they provided additional training for new projects then I was laid off in the big July 2017 lay off.
    I have worked remotely for over 2 years and the last year greatly deteriorated.

Advice to Management

Good luck. For the sake of your remaining nurses and coders, I hope you can turn things around.

"Horrible!"

Former Employee - Service Desk
    Former Employee - Service Desk

I worked at Inovalon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No pro's at all.

Cons

The company runs all the good employees out and keeps the lazy ones around. Hr needs some HR itself. Situation: Entire team speaks up about how bad there manager is.... Manager somehow keeps job and good employees end up quitting. This place is in a constant free fall and needs some outside help. Also start paying your IT avg wages at least. You just raised 555 million with an IPO but still cannot manage to give out bonuses. What an embarrassment. Lack of funding in the IT department is astonishing especially considering that they are an IT company. You will not be valued here and if you think you are getting a promotion.... think again!! They promise promotions just to keep you there an extra year. Stay away if possible.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and start cleaning house. Your service desk needs some serious cleanup as in firing a specific manager. Senior management is going to wake up one day to realize that there entire service desk quit because you wouldn't fire someone that has proved on multiple occasions to be biased and chooses favoritism over performance.