Inovalon Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Inovalon Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board Keith R. Dunleavy
Keith R. Dunleavy

Pros
  • get to work from home if you are wanting to be remote (in 57 reviews)

• The pay is good, and my point of contact has been helpful in keeping me busy with a steady flow of work (in 16 reviews)

1. "Bad Organization"

I worked at Inovalon full-time

Pros

Flexibility I worked from home x2 a week

Cons

Lack of communication
    Management lies
    Pretty frequent layoffs
    Leadership is bad

"Not an ethical or core value based company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really cant say anything positive other than the first 3 years with the company were great. The last 3.5 years have been horrible! They hired a COO that is under investigation for violating law while employed by ibm and he alone has ruined the company! Christopher Greiner. Dr. Keith Dunleavy the founder of the company in Lansing, MI used to visit the Lansing office on a regular basis after moving to MD to open a corporate office for expansions. 3 years ago, those visits abruptly stopped and he has never returned. I used to respect him as a caring leaders, but things changed. The COO corrupted him and the company went public and its been down hill ever since. 5 major layoffs company-wide in the six years I have been with the company with over a 1000+ associates losing their jobs.

Cons

Besides the continuous layoffs that typically occur without notice, there is a hugh turnover (voluntary and involuntary). It a revolving door at all facilities and the remote associates working from home. The human resources department is one of the worst due to upper HR management and HR executive management. There is no offical turnover report I can reference, but based on email term notifications that some associates see, turnover on a regular basis is well over 50%+ on a weekly, monthly and annual basis. I would never recommed this company for employment, but if you insisit, plan on a short term stay unless you have absolutely no integrity and are a mns boy and brown noser who will say YES to everything even if it is unethical and you know its the wrong professional decision.

Advice to Management

Not really any advice as it would not matter. They are all money hungry and unethical, egotistical cronies!

"SRC"

Current Employee - SRC
    Current Employee - SRC

I have been working at Inovalon part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

none. They dont share and info with you

Cons

not enough work... Bring back our jobs!!!! PLEASE

"Worst company Ever"

Former Employee - Review Specialist in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Review Specialist in Lansing, MI

I worked at Inovalon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were the best I've ever met

Cons

Everything else besides the coworkers

Advice to Management

Get some morals and stand up for your employees instead of being some spineless weak minions

"Ethically Challenged? Morally flexible? This is the place for you!"

I worked at Inovalon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is wonderful - you don’t have to worry about actually having skills or a conscience. As long as you are able to leave those behind at the door, you will flourish here! Don’t worry about having a degree. They will hire you even with an online credential that you could do from Starbucks around the corner!

Cons

There are a few employees who actually want to do good work and hold others accountable for the same. This is highly annoying to those of us who want to help spin the story that Inovalon is actually a viable business without doing any work to make that a reality.

The company is sometimes forced to tell the truth to investors. This is a total bummer because the stock plummets again and again when people actually have a glimpse of reality within the walls. The good news is that it is pretty rare that they tell the truth because they invest an insane amount of money in building the illusion of a real company. This helps us all because investors are too stupid to see through the illusion. Inovalon has the smartest people in the room - usually - as long as nobody asks hard questions that they can’t lie their way out of.

The company does many layoffs without notice. The biggest problem with this is that the people who actually do the work get laid off. This means that those of us who are left behind have to actually figure out how to accomplish things without the right skills or support. This is why I left - I had a good relationship with the senior leadership but I realized I was going to have to actually do work and I thought that was a little unfair.

There are far too many women and people from other countries that work here. The good news is that it’s totally fine to keep them in their place because the leadership at Inovalon "get it”. I was able to complain that two employees who worked near me were speaking in a language that only they understood (but I didn’t) and HR totally supported me. Those people only spoke english after that!

The senior leadership is like a revolving door. Even the guys that I really liked end up leaving. Three CFOs in three years is a bit of a tough thing for keeping the illusion going - but I think they are on the right track now with the "emperor of operations and finance". He totally gets it. Even if he isn’t wearing any clothes.

Advice to Management

Advice to Leadership: Figure out how to balance the lies you are telling (good ones!) with just the right amount of actual work. Don’t overwork your employees to try to deliver on promises you made without their input - that is not what some of us signed up for! At least figure out how to keep the people who actually know what they are doing so that the rest of us in “management” don’t actually have to do work. Not cool.

7. "Medical Records Field Tech"

Former Contractor - Site Data Collectors, Medical - CNA/MA in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Site Data Collectors, Medical - CNA/MA in New York, NY

I worked at Inovalon as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

INDEPENDENT WORK, change in work space

Cons

Unstable low hours, rude supervisors

Advice to Management

stop being rude to your field reviews and stop thinking we are always lying to you. If we need more time insite give it to us.

"Poor Company"

Former Employee - CCR in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - CCR in Columbia, MD

Pros

This is poor company. There are no pros about working here.

Cons

This company (Columbia MD) office to be exact has done a horrible job at communication, training and really treats their employees poorly. Granted I was a contractor but they let me go out of no where (with NO EXPLANATION) and filed false information about me in their system. I contacted the Bowie office and they declined to take the information out and to help me. For which I had to state I was making a complaint in order for them to even call me back. Smh, I would NEVER recommend this company or work here again in my life. High turn over, poor attitudes, poor people = poor company!

Advice to Management

Hire employees with better attitudes who care more about the work they are doing aka the company. Versus making friends and spreading gossip.

"nurse reviewer"

Pros

Ability to work at home, salary.

Cons

Laid off after six years of employment with excellent work performance by shutting off home computer, no notice, no phone call.

"SRC"

I worked at Inovalon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My manager was the only Pro until she was let go with many others.

Cons

Believe the rumors. Inovalon is closing their doors. You will be out of work soon. They also have a class action lawsuit against them. The CEO got rich and the rest of us got sold out!

Advice to Management

Pack light.

"Data entry clerk"

I worked at Inovalon full-time

Pros

Nothing at all an awful experience!

Cons

All my work was not appreciated.