Inovalon Reviews | Glassdoor

Inovalon Reviews

Updated November 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ability to work from home; work always available; continuous training (in 77 reviews)

• The pay is good, and my point of contact has been helpful in keeping me busy with a steady flow of work (in 18 reviews)

Cons

"Low pay, no hope of raises, only higher ups continue to get promotions and more money"

Current Employee - Review Specialist in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Review Specialist in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing really. I can say honestly that there are really no pros to this company. If you want to work here, beware

Cons

The pay sucks, management has terrible communication, at company meetings all the higher ups do is pat themselves on the back and tell us were doing a good job but then they turn around and say we didn't perform well enough and we don't deserve raises this year, they supposedly spend millions on dollars on electronics and ways to improve company standards and yet something is always wrong with our systems weekly

Advice to Management

Don't be two-faced and give the ones that actually do the hard work the pay increase they deserve, not just your highest ranking CFOs and employees

"Site Data Collector"

Current Employee - Site Data Collector
    Current Employee - Site Data Collector

Pros

For me, the pros is that I am responsible for myself and do not have to worry about team members pulling their weight. The pay is really good (as long as you actually get hours).

Cons

Rarely any work. Since, March 2017, I have been to 10 different facilities. So, in 6 months, I've worked for 10 days. Wow.....might as well not even have a job. What's the point? Also, you are lucky if you actually know what is going on in the company. Even if you ask your supervisor questions, you are lucky to hear an answer. Bad communication makes it feel like you don't even have a job. Also, it's a constant battle to use their laptop and secure server. I have to fight with it constantly, which is very annoying!

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to begin.

"Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Medical Chart Reviewer in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Medical Chart Reviewer in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work from home- when/if there is work available.

Cons

This company has not given out a raise for the past 3 years. They make you do all these special "goal" projects, which are supposed to be for raises. But, then the years come and go-- and still no raises. They have a computer system that fails daily/weekly. And good luck reaching out to tech support. You can wait for hours and hours before someone finally answers your call. After this company had the massive layoffs in 2016-2017 they decided to micro-manage the remaining employees to death. The upper management sets productivity goals that are impossible to meet. They are on their employees constantly about accuracy, however they do not provide the important and necessary resource material needed. They informed us that they are not sure if the will be providing the current updated ICD 10 coding guide --that we need to do accurate coding for our reviews. They told us to use the ICD 10 look-up on line to find the code we need!!? Wow, not a professional way to due business. Really poor core values!

Advice to Management

Give your employees their well deserved raises. Provide the necessary tool to do the job accurately. Stop laying employees off. That way you will have enough staff to do the review projects without hounding the remaining staff reviewer about productivity. --Get it together!

"Stay away. Your health depends on it."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good job facilitating the health field. I always have work since they make sure you train you on everything to make sure their work is covered. But expect a raise without a fight. Nothing comes easy here. If its not the confusion from the upper themselves its the disgruntles monsters they have for employees. Well maybe one or two left are nice. I haven't met any yet that is not trying to make each other loose their job.

Cons

Baddddd people. Something happened a long time ago and like a curse it is a dark force spreading and destroying everything in it's path. You gain weight and get high blood pressure from the stress.

Advice to Management

Oh they went public. Good for who ..them. Management are usually evil forces that did their fair share of biting to get where they need to be. No proper education or training. Allow coworkers to get away with almost anything. clueless as to how to properly manage as they themselves are only concerned about their next raise day. :) "(.....Run do not come here. Management do not know "their people". They gang up to with the coworkers to destroy you when they are too lazy to do the weeding out. Basicly they give u a rope and a little tissue .

"Don't bother, really, it's an awful place to work"

Former Employee - Site Review Consultant

I worked at Inovalon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When I started 8 years ago, it was great! Now they are a publicly traded company and are only interested in the bottom line.

Cons

Where to start...? You can go several weeks without work and then when there is, they crack the whip...accuracy, productivity is their concern but don't ask your very rude lead any questions or expect communication. You can get fired for failing tests, you can get disciplinary action for slight decrease in accuracy...but don't you dare ask a valid question about a review! High stress, poor management.

Advice to Management

Right now, they are a bunch of jerks. I was laid off and it was the best thing to happen bc my current job is awesome!

"Site review consultant/SRC"

Former Employee - SRC
    Former Employee - SRC

I worked at Inovalon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They paid very well. The company provided training for different type of reviews and manuals. Most of the bosses were nice and helpful but they changed all the time. Never had the same boss for very long.

Cons

They had layoffs all the time. Seniority does not affect who gets laid off or kept. I had been with the company for 6.5 years and never been written up for accuracy nor productivity. The last layoff in July 2017, I was laid off while they kept a person that only been there for 2 years and written up for accuracy. Don't work here, it is very unstable no job security.

Advice to Management

Keep the good people

7. "Professional & organized"

I have been working at Inovalon part-time

Pros

Very efficient and organized training.

Cons

Work doesn't begin right away.

"Remote Nurse Chart Reviewer"

I worked at Inovalon part-time

Pros

The pay- I made $36.00/hour. You can work from home, IF there is work. $36 an hour is a fair rate of pay. If you work your stated hours, its a nice income, however you rarely work your stated hours

Cons

I worked at the company for 5 years. There have been several huge lay offs and I was included in this round in July 2017. There is no communication from your supervisor when there will be no work. This can be several weeks or several months. When you contact your supervisor they will tell you that work should start on a specific date and then the date keeps getting moved back. When there is work, they want you to work your stated hours, and over-time when the end of the quarter is near. You are expected to check in everyday to see if there is work, which makes it impossible to make other plans. Accuracy and speed are never rewarded.

"They don't deserve to be in business!"

I worked at Inovalon full-time

Pros

None they are probably hopeless and won't pay attention anyway.

Cons

Terrible management. Abusive, screaming, arrogant and not really well versed in the data they claim to understand, they make claims that are unsupported by reality about the quality of their data and their analyses.

Advice to Management

Take some anger management training and try to enter the 21st century in your management style and your work processes!

"Walk away"

Current Employee - RN SRC in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - RN SRC in Remote, OR

I have been working at Inovalon part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Been with company over 8 years. Like flexibility of being able to often work from home.

Cons

Upper management focus on themselves. Poor communication, transparency, and integrity from UM. Lack of benefits and raises, massive layoffs over last 12 months with all remaining medical record review staff reduced to 32 hours/week, lack of respect for professional staff. Corporate philosophy of using sticks, rather than carrots, for employee "motivation". Would not recommend if currently seeking employment. Culture has seriously deteriorated over last couple of years.

Advice to Management

Believe in open communication, transparency and integrity rather than treating professional staff, who are striving to make the company a leader in the field, like mushrooms: in the dark and fed crap. Stop cutting costs by eliminating professional staff for lower paid, less qualified data collectors: shows in the quality of records being submitted.