Inovalon Reviews | Glassdoor

Inovalon Reviews

Updated October 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ability to work from home; work always available; continuous training (in 76 reviews)

• The pay is good, and my point of contact has been helpful in keeping me busy with a steady flow of work (in 18 reviews)

"Review Specialist"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady paycheck, some great coworkers.

Cons

Where to even start. Internal system is absolutely terrible and doesn't work; people are actually sent home early since it's so bad. Instead of fixing the system they are more concerned about rolling out new processes. Half the time those new parts are placed into the system but are never used because they learn too late that it's disastrous. There's no room for growth, hiring is based off who you're friends with or you smoke with, they allow people to stay that have been on "final warnings" for months. Nothing is consistent, management truly doesn't care, they constantly have "incentives" to motivate and then forget about them a week later...and then complain that everyone is demotivated. There's no benefit to working here save for a paycheck but since they lay off people once a year, who even knows.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Fix SAFHIRE. Treat people as if they're valued. You're doing a terrible job and people are miserable.

"site data colector"

Pros

pay is good. telecommute can balance work and life

Cons

travel can be a pain but that's new york

"site review consultant"

Former Employee - Site Review Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Site Review Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

I was able to make the same salary working from home opposed to working in a acute healthcare setting

Cons

Long periods of downtime ,You should have a backup job

Advice to Management

The quality team should not micromanage employees. There are too many guidelines that aren't really necessary.

"Believe the reviews"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers (peers) are mostly talented and good people.

Cons

This is by far the worst place I've ever worked. Leadership lacks direction and it's assumed you have no life outside your work. No raises for anyone for over a year and a half now, and no reason to assume it is going to improve. Most all my peers and team members are looking for new jobs. This is just a terrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Show people some respect. Show that you see them as human first, and contributors second. Replace people that leave, or are fired, especially executives and managers. They are there for a reason. Just constantly heaping the work on those left behind, is not sustainable or realistic. Especially when you are rewarding only your shareholders and not your employees.

"SRC"

Current Employee - Site Review Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Site Review Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Inovalon part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible, I love working from home. All of my supervisors have been great and have good communication with me.

Cons

No benefits and sometimes no work.

Advice to Management

Please offer benefits to SRC and job security.

"Site review consultant"

Current Employee - Site Review Consultant
    Current Employee - Site Review Consultant

I have been working at Inovalon part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home, when there's work. Was a good work-life balance for me while it lasted. Learned a lot regarding management and treatments of acute and chronic medical conditions by reading medical charts.

Cons

First and foremost... Poor Communication!
    I was just laid off last week effective in July. I was told that the company was moving towards fully automated services and in a new direction. Many long term employees were let go in this round of layoffs, which has happened every few months since the company has gone public. An HR representative called me directly to give me the news. When I contacted my direct supervisor (lead) to ask her if she knew, she told me she did not. Supervisors were not aware that their teams were being downsized. How ridiculous is this? A company wide webex was held to address the events and the man on the phone read from a question and answer script and refused to take any questions!! He finished and said "thank you goodbye." Got off that line real quick. When some employees tried to speak up at the end , we heard "thank you for using webex" and the line went dead. They didn't want their employees speaking with each other. Remote employees that are full time 40 hours were cut down to 32 hours effective immediately to "protect their benefits." In my opinion, they will work the remaining employees they have left very hard and lay them off eventually too. They waited until HEDIS season was over on May 9 to start laying off the very people who made them successful in this project on May 10.

They always threatened termination. If you don't pass HEDIS, diciplinary action even termination threatened. If you don't pass this 10 question quiz, you may be terminated. Can't say I didn't see it coming although I was told by the HR representative that this wasn't my fault, it was happening to "a lot" of employees, even though I maintained a close to 100% accuracy rate in my work.

The CEO is a billionaire and they may say that they care about the little people but they dont. They put profits over their people. I would not be surprised if this company goes under or gets acquired by another company. When I started, this company did not have many competitors and now there are quite a few other companies that do the same thing.

They have constant IT issues and their systems dont always work as they are supposed to. How can you do medical records reviews if you can't get reviews to load in the program? Every single new IT system that this company has introduced has never run smoothly at all. On October 1, 2015, ICD 10 coding was now required to be used and this company did not even train us until after that went into effect. We were given charts that required icd 10 coding yet we weren't trained in it yet. Talk about disorganization!

Couldn't believe that after I got laid off I went to the company facebook page and they had a post listed for career opportunities!!! Mostly for site data collectors who they can pay for much less than registered nurses or certified coders.

If you are considering employement with this company, look elsewhere!!! No matter what they say, work is never consistent for their field staff. Every few months they let long time employees go and hire people they can pay less. I've heard from multiple sources that in one of the remaining offices that are open there was training for a large group of people from India, so apparently they are outsourcing jobs as well.

Was told that they wouldn't contest unemployment and would give me a good reference for future career opportunities. Thank you, I guess?

Advice to Management

Big mistake getting rid of your experienced nurses! Your loss, not mine!

"Only cares about upper management"

Current Employee - Reviewer in Bowie, MD
    Current Employee - Reviewer in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to work from home.

Cons

Upper management makes decisions to make them money with no thought of the workers who make them all their money. Despite all the layoffs and stress to meet absurd productively goals ( who can review charts at 4 per hour when they have thousands of pages). Suggestions to decrease chart size that will greatly increase productively go on deaf ears. Dr Duleavy used to care about people. He knows the review process but he lets new upper management determine what gets cut. Charts are so huge, scrambled and contain mixed members. Instead of fixing this at the source to cut review time, they feel saving money on gathering the record by electronic transfer is cost effective. Unfortunately, review time is increasing. Wouldn't it be more cost effective to get rid of unnecessary documents, shorten the charts thereby increasing productively. I hope Dr Duleavy reads this. Inovalon is top heavy and getting rid of worker bees will ultimately cause the company to collapse.

Advice to Management

Charts collected should be concise, in order and contain only what is needed. This will reduce review time and increase productively. Listen to chart reviewers for advice as your upper management is out for themselves and not the good of the company.

"Remote Data Review Consultant"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time

Pros

A work from home option

Cons

Company treats employees like garbage. Top executives are rejects from other more reputable companies. Similar companies don't want anything to do with Inovalon employees because of Inovalon's poor reputation in the industry. They promote non-degreed employees to management positions over the professional nurses.

"Remote reviewer"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home
    Great hours
    Great benefits

Cons

Change is constant
    Stressful some days

"Absolute worst experience Ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muskegon, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muskegon, MI

I worked at Inovalon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Direct Deposit without any bounced checks.

Cons

Everything else that you can think of. Discrimination. Some get reprimanded while others do not; some are the "teachers pet" and get by with everything under the sun. The "top dog" does not know her job and should not have been promoted. You do not want to know what the rumors are, but I will leave it to your imagination.

Advice to Management

County needs to start with the newly acquired DKG and clean house.