Inovalon "fast paced" Reviews | Glassdoor

Inovalon Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Found 638 reviews

2.4
Inovalon CEO Keith R. Dunleavy
Keith R. Dunleavy
Pros
  • "ability to work from home, which helps with work-life balance)(in 84 reviews)

• "Work life balance varies throughout departments but if you need to take a half day for a doc appt or something else, they WONT dock your PTO(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work life balance, underhanded and full of deceit from management(in 42 reviews)

• "The executive team and upper management are not advocates for their employees, only themselves(in 26 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews

"Very fast paced"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time

Pros

Cutting edge technology that is working to improve healthcare

Cons

Very fast paced and not for everyone

Inovalon2018-08-29

"An organizational mission I'm proud to be contributing to"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

-Improving patient outcomes and empowering the transition from volume to value through data-driven insights -- An organizational mission I'm proud to be supporting. -Innovative, meaningful work underway driven by some of the brightest in the industry. -Challenging projects/initiatives mean you are never bored and always pushing the limits to find new ways to drive impact.

Cons

Very fast-paced environment is not the right fit for everyone - requires you to always be on your toes and ready to pivot/adapt without much/any prior notice.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on enhancing communication and transparency for associates.

Inovalon2018-05-21

"Great opportunities for growth and fast-paced"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time

Pros

- Offers exciting challenges, competitive pay and opportunities for professional growth - Strong leadership development programs - Ability to make an immediate impact - Passionate and innovative team - Fast-paced and dynamic environment - Direct access to and collaborate with C-Suite - Excellent coaching and support from management

Cons

- Fast-paced environment is not for everyone - Company needs to improve technology/tools for associates - New hire training and on-boarding could be more structured and streamlined

Inovalon2018-04-02

"CURRENT Employees Know Best"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time

Pros

I joined Inovalon as part of an acquisition and could not be more thrilled to be part of a larger organization with new colleagues who are intelligent, experienced and incredibly passionate about what they do. It’s extremely invigorating to work in an environment where everybody is pulling in the same direction to leverage our technology and data in ways previously unimagined. Knowing that the work we do is directly...

Cons

No company is perfect – especially if you’re growing as fast as Inovalon. There is always room to improve, and in the time I’ve been part of this organization, the changes are evident and definitely, steps in the right direction. The pace here is one speed – fast. If that’s not for you, this is not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Always a pleasure to have you visit the remote offices – consider staying longer, we enjoy our time and conversations with you.

Inovalon2018-02-08

"Lots of Potential, Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Associate Vice President

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

If you know (or have a strong passion to learn) modern technologies, are a self starter, and are motivated to build great software that makes a difference in the world, work here. Lots of Opportunity for career growth... I started here out of college and have consistently been rewarded for hard work and leadership. Good work-life balance. Work as hard as you want to work and be rewarded accordingly. New leadership...

Cons

Developers must stay current with technologies as we are frequently changing our focus depending on the market needs and technology trends. Fast-paced and changes direction, which can be stressful. Due to audit and security requirements, the red tape can slow things down and adds management overhead.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace innovative thinking. Communicate the leadership vision and how to get there to all levels of the company as often as possible.

Inovalon2018-02-20

"Good company to work for"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time

Pros

Competitive wages and benefits, Flexible schedule, Fast paced environment, Great teamwork and help from other departments when needed , Smart and dedicated coworkers that make working with them a joy

Cons

Management needs to be more transparent, Growing industry that is felt in the growing pains of the company, Need more streamlined processes

Inovalon2018-03-05

"Great Company that Invests in their Employees"

Current Employee - Manager in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Inovalon puts effort, time and money, into giving back to not only their employees but also their community. I can think of two recent events here at the company that have taken place: 1. Earlier this year Inovalon worked with the Ronald McDonald House to raise money for their cause, as a result Inovalon was awarded tickets to a Home Ravens Football game. Typically something like this would be enjoyed by C level or...

Cons

Working for the company can be fast paced at times which can be stressful for some but it also provides an environment that is full of energy and makes the day go by. There are days I get to work and before I know it, its 5PM and I am getting ready to go home.

Advice to Management

Continue to Invest in your employees Give a clearer picture of short term and long term goals When there is bad news, give that too, being honest about the bad is sometimes better than celebrating the good

Inovalon2018-01-24

"Good company with growth opportunities"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time

Pros

• Fast paced environment • Extremely smart and talented employees • Ability to make an impact quickly • Innovative technology

Cons

• If you need a structure environment, this may not be the best fit • Work Life Balance • Location • No corporate cell phone or Wi-Fi in building

Advice to Management

• Continue to communicate openly • Listen to your employees • Although it is great we gained a floating holiday this year, re-evaluate paid holidays and PTO schedules

Inovalon2018-02-12

"Needs to Compare to Others"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time

Pros

Smart people, fast-paced, what the company does is necessary and important

Cons

Company culture (or lack-there-of), executive team, internal processes, layoffs

Advice to Management

Begin to start comparing your internal company culture to other leading companies in the industry. You will realize there needs to be change. Inovalon operates like a start-up, but it is not a start up. Internal processes are a mess, nobody knows what they are, benefits are mediocre at best, there is no formal end of year review process, matrix team structures all over the place, the technology for employees is terribly...

Inovalon2017-12-19

"Here to Stay, A Voice from the Bowie HQ"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I have been working at Inovalon full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The number one pro is the people who work here. I have been with the company for 5+ years and they are the reason I continue to stay. More Pros: Fast-paced work environment; opportunities to give back to the community; strong core values; opportunity for advancement and promotion is high; summer family fun days and lots of other internal events; FT employees offered full benefits plus 401k matching and 3 weeks PTO...

Cons

If you don't like the fast-paced work environment, this might not be the best fit.

Advice to Management

Managers need to be offered more educational support/training. Senior Leadership needs to be more honest/transparent about the business decisions being made that impact associates.

Inovalon2017-10-27