Inprov Reviews | Glassdoor

Terry Redmon
1 Rating

1. "Great environment"

I have been working at Inprov full-time

Pros

The company is generous with its employees, especially at Christmastime. Management is very fair and very open. The people who work there are genuinely interested in getting to know you. They also take pride in their hard work.

Cons

Sometimes we spend a little bit too much time chatting with one another when we should be working. I think sometimes we are also a bit too accommodating to our clients.

Advice to Management

I think our CSRs shouldn't be afraid to say no to a client's request when that request is unrealistic. We want to be helpful, but we can't always spin straw into gold.

2. "Great place to grow"

I have been working at Inprov full-time

Pros

They empower employees to grow, although it may not be communicated very well. I work with some very talented individuals in a relational atmosphere. Good benefits like matching witholdings, health and dental, vacation, PTO, yearly bonus. The owners of the company are very personable and passionate about what they do.

Cons

The workload can be daunting. I'm also very separated from project stakeholders, which some people may like. Sometimes the upper management has trouble communicating to the rest of the company, which makes them seem secretive. Middle management is overworked. There are times when we're expected to do what we're told without asking why.

Advice to Management

Make sure your employees know they are empowered to grow. Free up money to send staff to conferences with the caveat that they report back to the department as well as actively recruit. Ensure there is margin for middle management to lead instead of having to take on a full load themselves. Communicate regularly, even over-communicate. Not enough communication leads to gossip.

3. "Small and Simple Company"

I worked at Inprov full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inprov is a small, family-owned company with a great work environment and added job security.

Cons

There is little to no room for advancement and the process of off boarding employees could stand some improvement.

5. "A good "stepping stone""

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Inprov full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are awesome, lots of talent, laid back/casual atmosphere. Ideal for someone just starting out or trying to gain experience.

Cons

Pay is below average and reviews are inconsistent throughout the company - some departments are looked over when it comes to increases. Unless you are the receptionist, there is very little chance for growth and promotion. Management chooses not to designate specific job titles to employees, which prevents promotion/advancing roles.

Advice to Management

If you are interested in keeping long-term employees, please consider restructuring salaries and vacation policy (again) to be more competitive and also create a role structure that allows for growth.

6. "Not my dream job, but a great experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Inprov full-time

Pros

Friendly and laid-back work environment, amazing snack pantry, opportunities for growth and "moving up"

Cons

Slow to change, lack of clarity/communication to the staff when there is a change, and no clear boundaries/roles.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to define people's roles. It will prevent a lot of manipulation and frustration amongst the employees.