Inscope International Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Inscope International CEO Mike Bruce
Mike Bruce

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Inscope International Employer Review 1"

I have been working at Inscope International full-time

Pros

Great Culture, Friendly Environment, Great Management

Cons

Not enough excitement just like any other job

Aug 7, 2017 – HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you enjoy the culture, environment and management. We try to make the work exciting and will keep trying!

"Account Manager"

Pros

Inscope offers an excellent culture and the company is big on giving back to the community. Excellent CEO!

Cons

It is a growing company.

Jul 18, 2016 – HR Manager

First, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you are enjoying the culture at InScope. Culture and community service are very important to us and we want our employees to have... More

"NSTA Review"

Current Employee - Membership Assistant in New Carrollton, MD
    Current Employee - Membership Assistant in New Carrollton, MD

I have been working at Inscope International (Less than a year)

Pros

Very informative and my representative is great. When I need to speak to someone they are always there and if I leave a message it is always returned within the hours. If I have an issue with something it is resolved within the hour.

Cons

I have non cons as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Mar 4, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you are happy and getting the attention you deserve. We are glad you have no cons to report. If... More

"not for everyone"

I worked at Inscope International full-time

Pros

Community focused, Owner of the company Mike Bruce is very inspirational, people are nice, free lunch on Fridays,

Cons

Poor management that lacks follow through and zero accountability.

"Tech Team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Inscope International (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people, visionary CEO & President, talented hires

Cons

Very few contracts, Not a lot of opportunity for growth; starting to become a "cut-throat" culture

"Quite Literally the Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Inscope International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm not sure about the reviews that were written before 2012, but I have to say I couldn't be happier working at InScope. From what I've come to understand, HR and management is aware the negative reviews here on GlassDoor, and take them seriously, going so far as to have a yearly employee summit and conducting yearly reviews with each employee to get their feedback about the company.

The work is challenging and exciting, and the development team is using cutting edge technologies / frameworks while practicing agile methodologies like SCRUM. All of the software engineers are knowledgeable, professional, and extremely friendly / approachable. If you're in IT and want to be on the cutting edge, look no further.

Mike Bruce, the CEO is a great guy and truly cares about his employees, and doesn't put himself above others. He can regularly be seen emptying the dishwasher in the cafeteria, and eating with employees during the free lunch provided on Friday.

Several times throughout the year the company engages in community outreach programs like serving dinner at a homeless shelter.

Cons

I legitimately cannot think of anything

Advice to Management

Its obvious you care about your employees, keep on doing what you're doing!

"The best company I have worked for."

I have been working at Inscope International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has integrity, a clear vision, led by one of the most remarkable individuals I have met in my career. InScope is a growing business with many opportunities for advancement. The dedication to the community is admirable. Most employees I have met and interacted with are very pleased as well.

Cons

Not for the individual who is not dedicated, creative, and requires micromanagement. The company is multi-facet and you may be required to wear multiple hats. This is not necessarily a con, just something to keep in mind if you want to work for InScope.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate your vision and continue to encourage growth. Busy schedules sometimes impair communication. Make time for interaction.

"Stimulating work environment with great people."

I have been working at Inscope International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

InScope is a wonderful company to work for with a work environment that is professional yet congenial. I truly believe our CEO Mike Bruce genuinely cares about his employees while pursuing a triple bottom line strategy of people, profit and planet. I highly recommend InScope!

Cons

some mild siloing between departments

"Great place to work! Lots of focus on the employee experience, very innovative business model!"

I have been working at Inscope International full-time

Pros

The office environment is great - from the décor that encourages community, to the free Friday lunches and the weekly newsletter highlighting team achievements, employee bios, etc, to the monthly "InService" opportunities for employees to work on charitable projects together - this is a very employee-focused company. Additionally, the "innovation-factory" mission statement speaks of the Owners' encouragement of employee's contributing to solving big policy and market challenges with new technologies and solutions.

Cons

The hiring process is a bit clunky, and there doesn't seem to be much traditional HR support in terms of performance standards or evaluations either. But, if you can get passed that, its definitely worth sticking with it so you can be a part of this fantastic culture!

"Great company, talented people, exciting work"

I have been working at Inscope International full-time

Pros

InScope is a great place to work for many reasons.

The people: The people are highly talented and motivated. The workplace is very friendly and has a great work-life balance.

The office: The clean, modern office is a joy

The work: InScope only takes on meaningful work. We use bleeding edge technology to solve important problems.

Cons

Very few! It's unfortunate that these sites attract a vocal minority when it comes to reviews. I suggest seeking current employees if you want a fair review. The ones left here are absolutely not representative! (And more than a little baffling)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.