InsideSales.Com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
David Elkington

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is full of great people you'll grow to care about" (in 37 reviews)

• "Pool tables, ping pong tables, free soda and coffee machine" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains are always painful" (in 29 reviews)

• "Too much goes through upper management and getting simple things approved can feel like insurmountable obstacles at times" (in 15 reviews)

"Great opportunities here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Great managers. Great talents. Great opportunities.

There was a position that I wanted but wasn't qualified enough to become one. So I started as a technical support agent and did what I could to benefit the company. While I was in support, I prepared myself and built internal tools that benefit the support team and kept looking for opportunities to move to the position that I wanted. I reached out to my managers and HR to let them know I am interested in moving to a different team. I have to say, every one of them was so helpful and kind about my aspiration. 8 months later I was able to make the change. Great opportunities here. As long as you work hard, things pay off.

Cons

I don't have anything to say.

Advice to Management

Although there were some struggles last couple of years, it's looking great now. Keep doing what you are doing and this company will take off real soon.

"You can't improve things unless you acknowledge the problems that persist."

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some incredibly smart and talented people who will go the extra mile to help you out. Find these people - you will quickly discover who they are, and who they are not. Negotiate your salary - if they value what you bring to the table, they will find the money - but you have to demand it.

Cons

Best advice here is to read through the other reviews and look for consistent messaging around persistent issues. Constant turnover, change in direction, confusion of messaging, lack of leadership, and general distrust (particularly of remote employees) by leadership resulting in micro-management, and a focus on tactical reporting metrics that do not deliver value or meaning for the employee or the customer they are supposed to be serving. My boss changed 9 times in less than 2 years.

It is true that current employees have been asked to write reviews here to improve the rating - that was happening before I left. It is also true that they have unlimited PTO, but it doesn't really matter when your manager won't approve you to take the time. It is also true that before they switched to unlimited PTO, many had saved up time accrued, for which the company had made it clear they have no intentions of paying out for that time once they switched to unlimited PTO. It is also true that their maternity and paternity policies are probably the worst in the industry, outright disgraceful honestly. 5 days for maternity leave....3 days for paternity leave...I mean really? They will tell you 6 weeks, but that is the 6 weeks for short term disability that you have already paid into, and they are federally required to provide.

This is not a family friendly place to work. People have been repeatedly let go with no notice, all in the name of saving a dollar - because the company thinks they are about to go IPO, on the back of the people who work so hard to get them there.

I left voluntarily, and the day I did - even my manager said it was good I got out when I did...I am not a disgruntled employee - but I do feel the need to share what to me seems like a lot of challenges, and not a lot of light on the horizon. My new company validates this decision every.single.day.

Advice to Management

Lead. Middle level management is great. Anyone above that is out of touch with the day to day, disconnected from the customer base, and failing to deliver the vision - unless you are looking for a philosophy lesson about the art of the possible.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great place to work and gain experience. They like to hire internally whenever possible and encourage/advise employees on what is needed to move into different roles and responsibilities.

In my experience so far, the management team has been supportive and helpful. I can get regular feedback about how I'm doing and what I need to continue growing.

The work environment is one where hard work is going to be recognized/rewarded.

Cons

The initial training and introduction courses you complete as a new employee are not very engaging. If you can get through it though, the actual work is exciting.

Advice to Management

Please revamp the training materials.

4. "Lots of Opportunities for Growth"

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time

Pros

The company is experiencing a period of expansion and this lends itself to being able to take advantage of great opportunities that present themselves.
    Individuals who make sure they demonstrate the value of their hard work and intelligence can and do advance quickly into various roles.
    Management promotes a culture of success and wants to see their teams achieve bigger and better things, without becoming toxically competitive.

Cons

The lack of a formal training program in many departments means there's a bit of a steep learning curve in getting to know the company, its products, and internal policies.
    Emphasis on a workaholic lifestyle seems to curry favor with a lot of managers.

Advice to Management

Being consumer/client-driven doesn't mean losing sight of having an employee-centered company.

"Horse's mouth."

Former Employee - Corporate Sales Manager in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales Manager in Provo, UT

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

InsideSales was an amazing launching pad for my career. I am eternally grateful for the company and the relationships that I was able to forge in my time there. To date, no-one else who has ever worked at InsideSales was in the sales org longer than yours truly. Having worked in various sales roles at InsideSales for over 8 years, I know a little bit of what it's like to work here. While this pretty well narrows down the list to just about one person of who could be writing this, I wanted to add that context to perhaps add some credibility. I also didn't want to hide behind a keyboard like some of the other nasty reviewers I've seen. And full-disclosure... I own shares at InsideSales. Not a ton, but hey! if things go well I might take the fam to Disneyland or something (ha!) So yeah... there's that.

So lets cut to it... Yes, there are challenges here. Lessons have been learnt along the way. But the net-net is that I don't know of anyone who regrets the time spent here, including me. I'm sure there might be some out there but I think I've done a pretty good job surrounding myself with like-minded individuals.

I won't speak much to the perks/culture as I'm a few months removed from working there. Perks are great. Culture is improving now the dust has settled from the last year or so.

There are three key takeaways if you are considering InsideSales as place of employment:

1) InsideSales' best days are ahead if they can execute on their already FANTASTIC vision.
    2) InsideSales will provide a fantastic launching pad into your next role... whether that be two... or even eight years from now.
    and 3) As a salesperson... selling the InsideSales platform is a TON of fun. I don't know of a product that has a clearer path to ROI than what we have at InsideSales. Painting that vision is not only fun, but you get to do it to other sales leaders in the same industry as you.

I took for granted the fact of selling to other Sales Leaders. Selling to this expressive (and sometimes crazy) role is SO much fun. I didn't fully grasp how fun and challenging it was to sell to other sales leaders until I left. Being able to do deep dive discovery and understand how CROs and VPs of Sales, even CEOs run their business provided a ton of knowledge for myself in my sales career. There are very few opportunities that enables a young and bright sales talent to sell to their peers... especially in Utah. I know a lot of people at InsideSales that got very close to our customers and doors were opened for employment down the road as a result.

But to be 100% clear, to be successful at InsideSales you HAVE to be immersed in the value and vision of the product. It took a while to have our differentiator of AI come to fruition, but now that it is here, pounce on the opportunity with the NeuralX team to sell it. Sell with value!!!

Cons

If you want a list of cons, read every other review here on Glassdoor, then identify the differences, similarities... pick out the disgruntled negative-nancies and the templated 5 star reviews. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

As with any company, my advice is to just keep your head down and get to work. Worry about what you can control and have a fun time selling to your customers. I truly believe you can still do that here... especially with a re-focus on what built the company; the CBU.

InsideSales is at a pivotal crossroads and I know for a fact that they are more concerned about it's success than ever. The sales teams are once again the correct size they need to be to produce a winning culture. It is an environment that allows you to be able to stand out and shine.... make a name for yourself. Be a force for good and don't engage in the ever-popular co-miserating. Stop it. Just don't. Present solutions to challenges as you see them. Don't bury your head in the sand so to speak... don't be naive... just don't fan the flames. Have tough skin and the chaos (at times) roll off your back. If you do this you will rise above it all and at the very worse be in a position for leadership/senior leadership that otherwise wouldn't be available to you in other organizations saturated with talent. So setting altruism aside... if you are looking out for #1 and you have a good head on your shoulders (oxymoron?), you still have much to gain from working at InsideSales....

Advice to Management

InsideSales is not a steel-worker's culture. I would love to see an executive leadership team that are genuinely friends with each other and trust each other. Having a confident humility with your current market position will go along way. Continue to think big but don't let our ambitions get in the way of taking care of our customers and creating a brand of always doing the right thing. Be true to who we are no matter what. Get the proper % of team hitting quota before expanding again (approx 60%... and that's 60% HITTING quota... not a broad 60% attainment to capacity threshold) before hiring/over-hiring. Don't backdoor or blame down. If someone leaves, don't default to "bad fit/its them/not us/they suck/we're awesome" attitude. Avoid "us vs. them". Don't spin a crappy situation. Own it. Be real. Stick to the vision and execute with inspiration.

"Not a fan"

Pros

You can get some experience that allows you to get another job.

Cons

Leadership, direction, product quality

Advice to Management

Work on the culture.

"Sr.Research Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Research Engineer in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Research Engineer in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open Environment, excellent colleagues and very good scope for improvement.

Cons

You just have to end up in a good team.

"Fantastic company to start at, but get out fast!"

Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Provo, UT

I worked at InsideSales.Com (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job that other companies will see as legitimate.
    You can gain experience here.
    The pay is typically not obscenely below industry standards.

Cons

See pretty much every other review here.
    Big company still holding on to it's small company philosophies and managerial direction.
    Woe be unto you should you attract disfavorable notice of any higher-ups. That WILL come back to haunt you.

"Great experience"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Provo, UT

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for Insidesales for 5 years. In that time I learned a lot. This is a company where you work hard but for the most part have a good time doing it. There were multiple times the company took a risk on adding me into new positions that I wanted to try. This company allows for failure as long as you can correct quickly. I am happy at my new company but I am better for having worked at insidesales.com and am grateful for the lessons learned, the risks taken, and friendships made while I was there.

Cons

The company has a phenomenal vision. Outstanding ideals for how the future of sales should look, it’s just the execution and a feeling of scramble that make it tough to stick to and see the vision.

Advice to Management

There are some employees that have stayed around in the last couple years who are just milking the system. The bottom feeders who don’t give it 110% but think and say they do are holding the company back and tainting the culture. It is hard to watch. Differential yourself with the product more.

"Progression Made Easy!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Easy to progress to higher positions. They always try to hire internally if possible. So don't be afraid to start at the bottom.

-I've seen upper management really trying to empathize with their employees.

-All the management I have worked with have been exceptional mentors who work for my success as well as the company's.

-Game Room with PS4 and several gaming computers

Cons

-The work is complex and hard, but very fulfilling

Advice to Management

Keep caring for your employees. It has been great thus far with my experience here.