InsideSales.Com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
David Elkington

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • While the company is growing it is still small enough to get to know the CEO and other executives in order to make your own mark on the company (in 21 reviews)

• The company is full of great people you'll grow to care about (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains are always painful (in 29 reviews)

• Too much goes through upper management and getting simple things approved can feel like insurmountable obstacles at times (in 14 reviews)

"Has been an exciting journey!!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Plenty of opportunities to solve problems in Sales using technology. Good freedom to express your opinions and potential to grow within the company.

- Tech stack used is latest and all the engineers perform a full stock role, which means you get exposure to wide range of tools and frameworks. There is not much pressure and work life balance is great.

- Downtown SLC office location is great, smart and friendly employees all around giving a startup feel.

Cons

- Some Product teams get more attention and resources than other.

- At times there has been a lack of product direction which resulted in projects going down the drain.

Advice to Management

Stick on to a clear vision and trust your engineers.

"I'd never do it again"

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time

Pros

I worked with some amazing colleagues

Cons

Very closed-minded culture and a management style that could only be described as schizophrenic. There have been several rounds of lay-offs, and a mass exodus of C-level and Sr. Management. There is very little diversity in culture, gender, or education.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee feedback and be open to alternative viewpoints.

"Steer Clear If you Want a Career"

Current Employee - Utah, US in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Utah, US in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open PTO, close to freeway, soda machine with unlimited soda. pinball machines when they are not broken. good people

Cons

company morale is overall extremely low. CEO and executives still preach like we are doing amazing with no issues. They discount the fact we are still reeling from the massive layoffs from last year. If you don't get a decent offer initially when hired don't expect a raise. raises are completely abstract with or without merit. raises come from top level only. high employee turnover sans layoffs

Advice to Management

If you could treat your employees as assets instead of subhumans it would go a long way. give your Directors a budget for pay raises don't have raises siloed behind top executives who never see the work of the employees seeking career growth.

"A Unicorn that lost it's horn, and now is just a horse."

Former Employee - Manager of Implementations in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Manager of Implementations in Provo, UT

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They had it......they had investing, they had people that were excited, they had a great culture, they had as Dave Elkington would say a seat on the rocket ship. For a few years this was an exciting place to work and a lot of good people jumped on what was supposed to be an amazing ride.

Cons

After the first two week training I was shocked!!! For what was supposed to be a market leader their LMP platform was less than stellar. When we were trained on the S.F. bolt on product I was a little more optimistic since it had a great product to assist them in their design. After working with the product in a real life atmosphere it was clear to me that the whole thing was a smoke screen. Product wasn't all that great, anyone that could copy and paste source code off the internet could create something for free and get really close to the same experience.
    They slapped the mouth that was feeding them by bringing in S.F. executives and acting like they were going to buy S.F. I think Dave had a chance to sell a few years ago and his pride, ego, and blindness for being the top dog made it so he is now just a speck in the industry while others have passed ISDC up and provide a much better option for any sales floor.

Advice to Management

Sell. The product is failing and behind other companies like ISDC. I was talking to an ex C level employee the other day and I think he summed it up perfectly. 95% of the people let go at this company shouldn't have been. You lost the excitement, you lost the product, you lost the drive. Sell......Sell.......SELL!!!!

"I wish I had 4 hands to give this place 4 thumbs down"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Provo, UT

Pros

You will become SUPER happy once you leave. While being laid off seems horrible, once you are past it, you will be thrilled. That's right, the only happiness you can find here is by not being here. High glassdoor ratings.

Cons

High glassdoor ratings are a joke. The company spends a lot of energy propping up their scores to salvage the reputation. The CEO and his pride has really hurt the company's reputation in the Utah Valley.

Advice to Management

Stop overselling the value of the company.

"Disappointed but now really happy"

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most people currently working at ISDC are efficient and work to the bitter end... they’ve had to be as they are the ones left standing after the massive layoffs this past year. They were chosen for a reason to make the cut and have had to take on all the additional work of those let go. Sucks to be the ones layed off... but sucks to be the one left with double the work and no additional pay.

Cons

I worked at the company close to 4 years. When I first started, there was joy and fun. People liked going to work and workloads were reasonable. People were collaborative. Over time, directives from L1 management started becoming disjointed. The company would rally the troops hard in one direction, and once some headway was made, we would then be asked to completely pivot into a different direction as a company. I assume as the company wasn’t getting the results it wanted it would rashly try something else. It began to feel frazzled, and when things seemed to continually not meet the end goals, tighter restrictions and demands were made. People turned in each other, fingers were pointed. Meanwhile, nothing but rainbows and sunshine regarding company status was touted by Dave Elkington at every company meeting. The “transparency” he works so hard to make sure all the employees felt, was time after time, proven to be smoke and mirrors. Massive layoffs happened, with promised that as hard as it was to do that, we have “right d the ship” and are in the path to success now, and all of you who made it are the team we will win with and you now have nothing to worry about and there will be no more layoffs. 3 short months later and another large round of layoffs happened.. remaining employees were left stunned and with zero trust in anything left Elkington would say. All the great numbers he assured us we were hitting were lies, and what was left is employees with zero trust that they wouldn’t be let go tomorrow, no trust in leadership, no trust in managers as they were just pawns also, no clear direction of where the company was headed, bitterness and distrust in everything that was said, no increase in pay for anyone left standing, much more work on the shoulders of those remaining, and lack of respect for the company and lack of respect for staying in a place that feels like cancer. Although I had been promoted (without pay) several times, and made each round of layoffs, and felt I was liked by my peers and managers, I didn’t feel like this was a place that I could trust with my time, my income, or my happiness. In the end, I have left ISDC and have instantly felt a weight lifted off my shoulders and a great new work environment to be a part of. I don’t regret my time at ISDC- I learned a lot, my skill set grew, and it gave me the background to set me up for this job I have now which is paying MUCH more.

Advice to Management

If nothing else, try to bring some fun back. I’d say be open and honest with numbers and how the company is doing, but I doubt you can pull the true info out.

"No concrete direction"

Former Employee - Sales in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Provo, UT

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pool tables were fun, as were the ping pong tables. This company used to be the market leader in sales acceleration technology.

Cons

And the biggest emphasis is that is used to be the market leader. This company sat back and tried to rely on its broken, outdated technology. While they did that, other companies caught up and passed them. The C-level leadership all tried to paint a picture of how awesome the company was doing, while the real picture was much worse. The company lost its way, kept trying different strategies and initiatives, and abandoned them when they didn't see immediate results. They brought on many ex-Salesforce employees, most of which left when they saw the real picture. They then brought on a number of Oracle veterans, most of whom left after less than a year.
    The company then said they would only focus on enterprise companies, and closed a few very large deals, abandoning the small to medium business space and laying off most the sales staff for this market, as well as many others. However, many of the best customers were in the SMB space, so they alienated these prospects and customers. The whole time, the company kept saying how awesome they were doing. Sadly, this was not true. After the first few large deals closed, there wasn't a lot closing, and pipelines were not progressing. The company then said they were going to get back into the SMB space. This uncertainty has not gone unnoticed by the top performers, who have been steadily leaving the company. Right now, the company is slowly sinking, and most people do not feel that the company can be fixed. Even the people who have been there years are looking for other jobs.
    Additionally, don't believe the positive reviews on here. Most are fake accounts are throwaway accounts created to boost the company's rank. The reputation of this company and its leadership has had a very negative impact on how people view Utah companies.

Advice to Management

Employee input has been ignored for years. The culture is not what is used to be. Be honest and completely transparent with the employees.

"Horrible Company to work for"

Pros

There are non pros to working at the company except the fact that you'll learn what not to do at your next employer.

Cons

It's a toxic work environment. The CEO is a bad guy who nobody wants to work for. He couldn't possibly do a worse job. His evil ways trickle down to his minions who aren't allowed to disagree with him.

Advice to Management

Dave Elkington should do the world a favor and not subject anybody to his ways.

"Still struggling to right the ship"

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time

Pros

They pay competitively, they recently rolled out unlimited PTO, a lot of people are good people doing the best they can. They have invested more this year into product stabilization/bug fixes etc. That's about the best of it.

Cons

Since the first week I came into ISDC some of my coworkers have been telling me its a bad company, I have done my best to ignore the detractors and to keep a positive attitude. a year (and a lot of frustration) later I am beyond my best efforts of optimism with ISDC work environment.
    Unfortunately the leadership has shown it is unsure of what to do and where to go to be successful. For example, about 6 months ago they laid off 150+ people during two rounds of layoffs to "fully commit" and put all their chips into the enterprise space. Now however, there are strong rumors that they are acknowledging may have acted to brashly (many internally at multiple seniority levels already thought this) and there are indications that they will begin bringing people back to rebuild the SMB/mid size sales motion. That is where they were most successful in the first place.
     Where I finally realized it was not going to get better is when for months they rammed down sales throats 'We need more pipeline! Bring in more pipeline so we can close bigger deals!' Only once sales/biz dev/marketing helped produce over and above their pipeline goals, they started freaking out about nothing closing fast enough and that the pipeline was over inflated. One RVP of sales even started telling his AE's to quietly lower opportunity estimates before sales calls to keep eyes off his territory.

Bad practices, no accountability and lack of leadership. I don't recommend.

Advice to Management

Be accountable. Don't talk about 'No BS' in company meetings and then allow BS to take place in your leadership ranks.

"Really a great fit"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Good opportunities to stand out. There's no shortage of good ideas floating around; go above and beyond to turn one into reality and you can make a huge difference.

- Management respects your opinion and welcomes suggestions. If you're vocal about something and have the reasoning to back it up, they will hear you out and take your input seriously. Doesn't matter if you're an intern or a senior architect.

- Nice and simple in-office perks that make the day overall more pleasant.

- Maintaining work/life balance is valued here and encouraged among the employees. Sure, some nights you need to work late, but they'll expect you to leave early the next day. They also recently implemented an "unlimited PTO" plan.

- It wasn't always this way, but over time they've really developed a great balance between autonomy and accountability. There's meaningful recognition without showboating or shallow praise.

All-in-all I really like it here; which is why I've stayed for as long as I have in a very competitive market for tech talent.

Cons

- Sometimes projects are backlogged till the last minute, making things a bit hectic. Through really I think this is a challenge just about everywhere when trying to juggle expectations for all around you.
    - The company hit into some turbulence recently and I think it is still reeling a bit trying to sort through priorities and how best to use resources. Things are looking better, though, and I expect things to stabilize within the next month or so.