InsideSales.Com Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 20, 2018

3.7
David Elkington

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is full of great people you'll grow to care about" (in 36 reviews)

• "There is a pool table and ping pong table" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains are always painful" (in 29 reviews)

• "Too much goes through upper management and getting simple things approved can feel like insurmountable obstacles at times" (in 15 reviews)

"Great opportunities here"

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Great managers. Great talents. Great opportunities.

There was a position that I wanted but wasn't qualified enough to become one. So I started as a technical support agent and did what I could to benefit the company. While I was in support, I prepared myself and built internal tools that benefit the support team and kept looking for opportunities to move to the position that I wanted. I reached out to my managers and HR to let them know I am interested in moving to a different team. I have to say, every one of them was so helpful and kind about my aspiration. 8 months later I was able to make the change. Great opportunities here. As long as you work hard, things pay off.

Cons

I don't have anything to say.

Advice to Management

Although there were some struggles last couple of years, it's looking great now. Keep doing what you are doing and this company will take off real soon.

2. "Fun work environment"

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time

Pros

Fun work environment
    Fair Pay

Cons

Fake culture
    At the enterprise level the outside field reps are hired only if they have a book of business, there is no way to go from an SDR to an outside field rep.

3. "Pure Opportunity"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at InsideSales.com is what you make of it. This has been an amazing start to my career, and a testament to management that is willing to look for the best in you, and trust you to deliver to your potential. Lots of opportunity, if you're willing to work hard and stay on top of the shifting objectives of a startup.

Cons

Changing objectives can be a bit hard to keep up with, and there are a number of individuals who step away to work elsewhere, but if you've got a vision and work, you will not have any issue.

Advice to Management

Keep delivering on promises, and keep the product stable.

4. "BEST COMPANY"

I have been working at InsideSales.Com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best company ever, seriously! Would recommend to anyone!

Cons

Nope, this is such a great company!

5. "There is always a new challenge"

Current Employee - Business Development in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Business Development in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive culture
    Career path in place
    Always new challenges to work on

Cons

If you are not proactive, this might not be the place for you

6. "Software Engineer"

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large Organization, Many Opportunities, Good Work Life Balance

Cons

Busy. Context switching occurs regularly. But over all a good place.

7. "Good place to work, but demanding job"

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time

Pros

Excellent training and support on the product support team.

Cons

Low pay and lack of clarity about performance expectations

"Over 3 years, ups and downs with recent improvement."

Current Employee - Customer Success in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Unlimited PTO
    - Flexible and caring management who accept suggestions and support and reward those who go the extra mile and take initiative to be the change they want to see.
    - Great benefits
    - Quickly move up the pay-scale and career ladder with positive performance
    - Never get bored, never a lack of new opportunities and challenges, every day is interesting and full of new things to learn.
    - High energy, passionate upper management who are eager to see success and enable mid-level management to make the changes needed to get there.
    - Increased transparency into company success and performance
    - Monthly team rewards and spiffs

Cons

- Sometimes lack of communication and willingness for coordination between departments
    - Difficulty and hesitancy to act on non-performing employees
    - Customer retention and satisfaction sometimes too often made more important than overall organization and employee success and satisfaction.
    - Extremely stingy with, and very little access to, quality company swag beyond the occasional cheap green t-shirt.

Advice to Management

- Listen to the little guy, get on the ground level, don't rely on low-level managers to relay employee concerns and difficulties. Stay connected with the day-to-day operations and performance.
    - Help facilitate inter-departmental collaboration and synchronization. Make it easier to report problems and to make needed changes, even to long standing protocols or traditions. Stay alert to signs of and be willing to act quickly on difficult or non-performing employees.
    - For the love of your employees, why can't we have more swag?! We want to represent and be proud of the company around our friends and family and internally as well, allow us to! Also it is freezing inside the building, help us stay warm.

9. "Favorite Company I've Ever Worked For"

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Growing Company: provides an incredible amount of career opportunities and creates lots of internal promotions.
    -Work/Life Balance: flexibility about working from home if needed as well as an encouraged work life balance.
    -Flexible (unlimited) PTO: management actually encourages you to take time off.
    -Hard Work is Recognized: there is no lack of recognition in this org for those who go above and beyond.
    -Co-workers: uplifting, smart, and helpful coworkers.
    -Occasional Catered Lunches: not a consistent thing but 1-2 times a month we will get food catered (Five Star BBQ, Cafe Zupas, Gurus, Two Jacks, etc.)
    -Achievable Team Spiffs: team spiffs are always within reach which makes for fun team building activities and individual rewards.
    -Food Trucks-our front desk arranges a variety of food trucks to come a few times a week.
    -Cool Swag: there's always tons of InsideSales swag making its way around the company. Nice swag too, Cotopaxi backpacks, Patagonia jackets, beanies, popsockets, etc.
    -Management: I have had quite a few managers with InsideSales given my continuous promotions and they have all been extremely helpful, provided useful guidance and escalations when needed, and are great at continually recognizing the outstanding players of the team as well as bringing it to the attention of their superiors.

Cons

-Management could be more available to their direct reports. I know they are constantly being pulled into meetings but it'd be helpful to keep them on the floor more often.
    -Lack of Formal Training: this is a self-starter company and definitely requires a certain type of person to work here. If you need your hand held all the time this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve, you know who works hard, keep them happy.

"You can't improve things unless you acknowledge the problems that persist."

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some incredibly smart and talented people who will go the extra mile to help you out. Find these people - you will quickly discover who they are, and who they are not. Negotiate your salary - if they value what you bring to the table, they will find the money - but you have to demand it.

Cons

Best advice here is to read through the other reviews and look for consistent messaging around persistent issues. Constant turnover, change in direction, confusion of messaging, lack of leadership, and general distrust (particularly of remote employees) by leadership resulting in micro-management, and a focus on tactical reporting metrics that do not deliver value or meaning for the employee or the customer they are supposed to be serving. My boss changed 9 times in less than 2 years.

It is true that current employees have been asked to write reviews here to improve the rating - that was happening before I left. It is also true that they have unlimited PTO, but it doesn't really matter when your manager won't approve you to take the time. It is also true that before they switched to unlimited PTO, many had saved up time accrued, for which the company had made it clear they have no intentions of paying out for that time once they switched to unlimited PTO. It is also true that their maternity and paternity policies are probably the worst in the industry, outright disgraceful honestly. 5 days for maternity leave....3 days for paternity leave...I mean really? They will tell you 6 weeks, but that is the 6 weeks for short term disability that you have already paid into, and they are federally required to provide.

This is not a family friendly place to work. People have been repeatedly let go with no notice, all in the name of saving a dollar - because the company thinks they are about to go IPO, on the back of the people who work so hard to get them there.

I left voluntarily, and the day I did - even my manager said it was good I got out when I did...I am not a disgruntled employee - but I do feel the need to share what to me seems like a lot of challenges, and not a lot of light on the horizon. My new company validates this decision every.single.day.

Advice to Management

Lead. Middle level management is great. Anyone above that is out of touch with the day to day, disconnected from the customer base, and failing to deliver the vision - unless you are looking for a philosophy lesson about the art of the possible.