InsideSales.Com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
David Elkington

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is full of great people you'll grow to care about" (in 37 reviews)

• "There is a pool table and ping pong table" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains are always painful" (in 29 reviews)

• "Too much goes through upper management and getting simple things approved can feel like insurmountable obstacles at times" (in 15 reviews)

"Horse's mouth."

Former Employee - Corporate Sales Manager in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales Manager in Provo, UT

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

InsideSales was an amazing launching pad for my career. I am eternally grateful for the company and the relationships that I was able to forge in my time there. To date, no-one else who has ever worked at InsideSales was in the sales org longer than yours truly. Having worked in various sales roles at InsideSales for over 8 years, I know a little bit of what it's like to work here. While this pretty well narrows down the list to just about one person of who could be writing this, I wanted to add that context to perhaps add some credibility. I also didn't want to hide behind a keyboard like some of the other nasty reviewers I've seen. And full-disclosure... I own shares at InsideSales. Not a ton, but hey! if things go well I might take the fam to Disneyland or something (ha!) So yeah... there's that.

So lets cut to it... Yes, there are challenges here. Lessons have been learnt along the way. But the net-net is that I don't know of anyone who regrets the time spent here, including me. I'm sure there might be some out there but I think I've done a pretty good job surrounding myself with like-minded individuals.

I won't speak much to the perks/culture as I'm a few months removed from working there. Perks are great. Culture is improving now the dust has settled from the last year or so.

There are three key takeaways if you are considering InsideSales as place of employment:

1) InsideSales' best days are ahead if they can execute on their already FANTASTIC vision.
    2) InsideSales will provide a fantastic launching pad into your next role... whether that be two... or even eight years from now.
    and 3) As a salesperson... selling the InsideSales platform is a TON of fun. I don't know of a product that has a clearer path to ROI than what we have at InsideSales. Painting that vision is not only fun, but you get to do it to other sales leaders in the same industry as you.

I took for granted the fact of selling to other Sales Leaders. Selling to this expressive (and sometimes crazy) role is SO much fun. I didn't fully grasp how fun and challenging it was to sell to other sales leaders until I left. Being able to do deep dive discovery and understand how CROs and VPs of Sales, even CEOs run their business provided a ton of knowledge for myself in my sales career. There are very few opportunities that enables a young and bright sales talent to sell to their peers... especially in Utah. I know a lot of people at InsideSales that got very close to our customers and doors were opened for employment down the road as a result.

But to be 100% clear, to be successful at InsideSales you HAVE to be immersed in the value and vision of the product. It took a while to have our differentiator of AI come to fruition, but now that it is here, pounce on the opportunity with the NeuralX team to sell it. Sell with value!!!

Cons

If you want a list of cons, read every other review here on Glassdoor, then identify the differences, similarities... pick out the disgruntled negative-nancies and the templated 5 star reviews. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

As with any company, my advice is to just keep your head down and get to work. Worry about what you can control and have a fun time selling to your customers. I truly believe you can still do that here... especially with a re-focus on what built the company; the CBU.

InsideSales is at a pivotal crossroads and I know for a fact that they are more concerned about it's success than ever. The sales teams are once again the correct size they need to be to produce a winning culture. It is an environment that allows you to be able to stand out and shine.... make a name for yourself. Be a force for good and don't engage in the ever-popular co-miserating. Stop it. Just don't. Present solutions to challenges as you see them. Don't bury your head in the sand so to speak... don't be naive... just don't fan the flames. Have tough skin and the chaos (at times) roll off your back. If you do this you will rise above it all and at the very worse be in a position for leadership/senior leadership that otherwise wouldn't be available to you in other organizations saturated with talent. So setting altruism aside... if you are looking out for #1 and you have a good head on your shoulders (oxymoron?), you still have much to gain from working at InsideSales....

Advice to Management

InsideSales is not a steel-worker's culture. I would love to see an executive leadership team that are genuinely friends with each other and trust each other. Having a confident humility with your current market position will go along way. Continue to think big but don't let our ambitions get in the way of taking care of our customers and creating a brand of always doing the right thing. Be true to who we are no matter what. Get the proper % of team hitting quota before expanding again (approx 60%... and that's 60% HITTING quota... not a broad 60% attainment to capacity threshold) before hiring/over-hiring. Don't backdoor or blame down. If someone leaves, don't default to "bad fit/its them/not us/they suck/we're awesome" attitude. Avoid "us vs. them". Don't spin a crappy situation. Own it. Be real. Stick to the vision and execute with inspiration.

2. "BEST COMPANY"

I have been working at InsideSales.Com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best company ever, seriously! Would recommend to anyone!

Cons

Nope, this is such a great company!

3. "There is always a new challenge"

Current Employee - Business Development in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Business Development in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive culture
    Career path in place
    Always new challenges to work on

Cons

If you are not proactive, this might not be the place for you

4. "Software Engineer"

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large Organization, Many Opportunities, Good Work Life Balance

Cons

Busy. Context switching occurs regularly. But over all a good place.

5. "Good place to work, but demanding job"

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time

Pros

Excellent training and support on the product support team.

Cons

Low pay and lack of clarity about performance expectations

"Over 3 years, ups and downs with recent improvement."

Current Employee - Customer Success in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Unlimited PTO
    - Flexible and caring management who accept suggestions and support and reward those who go the extra mile and take initiative to be the change they want to see.
    - Great benefits
    - Quickly move up the pay-scale and career ladder with positive performance
    - Never get bored, never a lack of new opportunities and challenges, every day is interesting and full of new things to learn.
    - High energy, passionate upper management who are eager to see success and enable mid-level management to make the changes needed to get there.
    - Increased transparency into company success and performance
    - Monthly team rewards and spiffs

Cons

- Sometimes lack of communication and willingness for coordination between departments
    - Difficulty and hesitancy to act on non-performing employees
    - Customer retention and satisfaction sometimes too often made more important than overall organization and employee success and satisfaction.
    - Extremely stingy with, and very little access to, quality company swag beyond the occasional cheap green t-shirt.

Advice to Management

- Listen to the little guy, get on the ground level, don't rely on low-level managers to relay employee concerns and difficulties. Stay connected with the day-to-day operations and performance.
    - Help facilitate inter-departmental collaboration and synchronization. Make it easier to report problems and to make needed changes, even to long standing protocols or traditions. Stay alert to signs of and be willing to act quickly on difficult or non-performing employees.
    - For the love of your employees, why can't we have more swag?! We want to represent and be proud of the company around our friends and family and internally as well, allow us to! Also it is freezing inside the building, help us stay warm.

7. "Favorite Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Growing Company: provides an incredible amount of career opportunities and creates lots of internal promotions.
    -Work/Life Balance: flexibility about working from home if needed as well as an encouraged work life balance.
    -Flexible (unlimited) PTO: management actually encourages you to take time off.
    -Hard Work is Recognized: there is no lack of recognition in this org for those who go above and beyond.
    -Co-workers: uplifting, smart, and helpful coworkers.
    -Occasional Catered Lunches: not a consistent thing but 1-2 times a month we will get food catered (Five Star BBQ, Cafe Zupas, Gurus, Two Jacks, etc.)
    -Achievable Team Spiffs: team spiffs are always within reach which makes for fun team building activities and individual rewards.
    -Food Trucks-our front desk arranges a variety of food trucks to come a few times a week.
    -Cool Swag: there's always tons of InsideSales swag making its way around the company. Nice swag too, Cotopaxi backpacks, Patagonia jackets, beanies, popsockets, etc.
    -Management: I have had quite a few managers with InsideSales given my continuous promotions and they have all been extremely helpful, provided useful guidance and escalations when needed, and are great at continually recognizing the outstanding players of the team as well as bringing it to the attention of their superiors.

Cons

-Management could be more available to their direct reports. I know they are constantly being pulled into meetings but it'd be helpful to keep them on the floor more often.
    -Lack of Formal Training: this is a self-starter company and definitely requires a certain type of person to work here. If you need your hand held all the time this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve, you know who works hard, keep them happy.

"You can't improve things unless you acknowledge the problems that persist."

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager

I worked at InsideSales.Com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some incredibly smart and talented people who will go the extra mile to help you out. Find these people - you will quickly discover who they are, and who they are not. Negotiate your salary - if they value what you bring to the table, they will find the money - but you have to demand it.

Cons

Best advice here is to read through the other reviews and look for consistent messaging around persistent issues. Constant turnover, change in direction, confusion of messaging, lack of leadership, and general distrust (particularly of remote employees) by leadership resulting in micro-management, and a focus on tactical reporting metrics that do not deliver value or meaning for the employee or the customer they are supposed to be serving. My boss changed 9 times in less than 2 years.

It is true that current employees have been asked to write reviews here to improve the rating - that was happening before I left. It is also true that they have unlimited PTO, but it doesn't really matter when your manager won't approve you to take the time. It is also true that before they switched to unlimited PTO, many had saved up time accrued, for which the company had made it clear they have no intentions of paying out for that time once they switched to unlimited PTO. It is also true that their maternity and paternity policies are probably the worst in the industry, outright disgraceful honestly. 5 days for maternity leave....3 days for paternity leave...I mean really? They will tell you 6 weeks, but that is the 6 weeks for short term disability that you have already paid into, and they are federally required to provide.

This is not a family friendly place to work. People have been repeatedly let go with no notice, all in the name of saving a dollar - because the company thinks they are about to go IPO, on the back of the people who work so hard to get them there.

I left voluntarily, and the day I did - even my manager said it was good I got out when I did...I am not a disgruntled employee - but I do feel the need to share what to me seems like a lot of challenges, and not a lot of light on the horizon. My new company validates this decision every.single.day.

Advice to Management

Lead. Middle level management is great. Anyone above that is out of touch with the day to day, disconnected from the customer base, and failing to deliver the vision - unless you are looking for a philosophy lesson about the art of the possible.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great place to work and gain experience. They like to hire internally whenever possible and encourage/advise employees on what is needed to move into different roles and responsibilities.

In my experience so far, the management team has been supportive and helpful. I can get regular feedback about how I'm doing and what I need to continue growing.

The work environment is one where hard work is going to be recognized/rewarded.

Cons

The initial training and introduction courses you complete as a new employee are not very engaging. If you can get through it though, the actual work is exciting.

Advice to Management

Please revamp the training materials.

10. "Lots of Opportunities for Growth"

I have been working at InsideSales.Com full-time

Pros

The company is experiencing a period of expansion and this lends itself to being able to take advantage of great opportunities that present themselves.
    Individuals who make sure they demonstrate the value of their hard work and intelligence can and do advance quickly into various roles.
    Management promotes a culture of success and wants to see their teams achieve bigger and better things, without becoming toxically competitive.

Cons

The lack of a formal training program in many departments means there's a bit of a steep learning curve in getting to know the company, its products, and internal policies.
    Emphasis on a workaholic lifestyle seems to curry favor with a lot of managers.

Advice to Management

Being consumer/client-driven doesn't mean losing sight of having an employee-centered company.